Happie

[Seasonals] Demonic transfers

Happie

Hello! This is something I've spoken with quite a few people about in-game and I thought I should write this post before it becomes too close to next seasonal.

So the whole idea is that instead of having to spend another $90 per demonic piece after you've already obtained/purchased them before, you should be able to transfer your demonics from tri to seasonals, if possible restrict it to 7 per person since no one really needs above a full set, at the cost of around 10% of the demonics price, so an affordable $5-10 per demonic piece transfered.

I think this should be implemented considering that the seasonal servers are very temporary thus investing 100 hours or more into farming coins to get another set when you've already obtained one through whatever means, (using $$, buying ingame or farming coins) the fact still remains that you've obtained it. It does yield people an advantage yes but not large enough to really make a major difference in progression.
Either way, the point is that the effort of obtaining your demonic pieces for most of us is a very long grind and took us quite some time, and since most of us can't afford the cost of $540-630 for a full set depending on your class, it makes it even more frustrating since you know that you've obtained the set and you have it already, but you can't use it where it really matters, and those hours invested into farming coins if you had to takes up such a redicelous amount of time that you'll most likely fall behind for the rest of the seasonal as other people can easily progress ahead of you in the same time it takes to gather the coins.

Please do comment whatever you'd like this or not before the second seasonal starts.

Edited by Happie

denje

Hello

A topic before we are discussing about pay2win. This game wont get new player if this is true. So why do you guys want to transfer your demonics for money to the "second seasonal" server? People who think they need it on the coming seasonal can buy it for 90$ per part. But please dont make a suggestion for a transfer. Its much fairer for the new players if all start at "zero".

So this was only my opinion to that.

Happie
23 minutes ago, denje said:

Hello

A topic before we are discussing about pay2win. This game wont get new player if this is true. So why do you guys want to transfer your demonics for money to the "second seasonal" server? People who think they need it on the coming seasonal can buy it for 90$ per part. But please dont make a suggestion for a transfer. Its much fairer for the new players if all start at "zero".

So this was only my opinion to that.

I understand what you mean, but I don't really think you've grasped the type of game turfbattles is, due to the design of the game, it will never be newbie friendly, demonics doesn't apply any pressure on new players as it's an item unobtainable by a new player to begin with due to the sheer amount of work you require (or the depth of your wallet) to obtain them.

It's not a p2w item as it doesn't directly strengthen your character and doesn't give you an extreme boost such as the extremely overpowered turf cash scrolls do, not to mention the pet mutation perk, these said items are extremely p2w as they give you an instant power-up that, depending on the area you play on, 160-200 mainly, can more then double your overall stats (speaking about in total, not doubling for example ap, but in total).

While demonics does help you progress it's not by a redicelous amount and it's very well balanced, it's main strength lies within the drop rate bonus that it gives which yes, it is a large increase but it is by no means overpowered when you consider the cost/work required to obtain them, for example if you use demonics you might increase your overall hourly gain by about 10~15%, and that is quite frankly the extent of how useful it is, this overtime because a very good perk but is only useful for those who really put seriously hours into the game everyday and aim for the top tier gear, not for a new player as the increased xp from them will not dramatically increase the speed you level at and you would not be able to use it's increase in drop rate as a new player since you still lack items to farm even without demonics then.

Gekke Gaberr

Yeah I aggree with Happie..

And still, if you really want demonics you couldn't be bothered to do at least 100hrs of SSC every season (if u can run 5 chars). Let alone buy them over and over again just to play 3 months with it..

Transfering for a small fee would be a great update in the next season.

Barcode

Lol are u joking, as someone who used a full demonic set, its a EXTREME advantage. Most OP item from the cash shop, and priced at 500$~ for a full set. Totally not p2w xD

IKuPAI
5 hours ago, Barcode said:

Lol are u joking, as someone who used a full demonic set, its a EXTREME advantage. Most OP item from the cash shop, and priced at 500$~ for a full set. Totally not p2w xD

His words are a bit harsh but he's got some points...

$100 a piece isn't a deterrent from the item mall into instances. It's a high risk high reward situation... spend $700 and have boosted drop rate and xp rate at level 121+...

Or you can spend a week or two gearing out or leveling up... Then 100 hours with 7 characters... or 700 hours with 1 character to obtain it.

We, the players aren't even sure if demonics will be in the item mall for next season... what if next season it's angelic and gives upgrade boosts?

Then we'll want gold and demonic transfers.

Idk... I feel like you should be asking to remove this from the item mall... or give the instance shop costs a nurf...

5 runs for 10k resources... come on.

imadsaade

Demonics are nice to have but, they are 100% pay to win. They don't buff you directly but they make it possible to obtain a rediculous amount of resources much faster than new players or players not willing to shell out ~$600. That being said I'm all for a possible price decrease in the instance shop, making them more accessible would stimulate the economy a bit more and make it possible to get them with out spending 10 hours a day running SSC

~Crispy 

Edited by imadsaade

Happie

The replies from enemy & crispy kinda makes me wonder if they've farmed without demonics at all this seasonal, because the difference between farming with or without demonics is definitely noticable, but it doesn't yield "a rediculous amount of resources" more then farming without them.

There's only really a few locations in the game that really benefits from the demonics which i can remember from the top of my head are:
Delpiroth v2, Delpiroth v3 (for human mobs, not bosses), Tornado, Ghost Castle, and finally the chest river.

and among these locations the two that really stands out are Delpiroth v2 and the chest river, both of these locations definitely help with resource drops and makes it quite abit faster,

but the main locations that people farm are most definitely tornado aswell as ghost castle, and at these locations they yield +20~25% extra an hour tops,

and from the sound of the way you two seem to explain it, it sounds like it goes from 15~18 pouches an hour to like 30 an hour (of each type), which it most definitely does not.

The game in itself should be fair though, hence to why i suggested this to begin with, it's been obtained once and that's why it has it's harsh grind to obtain them, it's a very good item to own as it helps out long term, it gives you more resources just like it should and thus is only farmed for a crazy amount of time, ->ONCE<- (or be rich and pay for it since this version of tb is heavily in favor for people who pay.)

Either way, if you have to re-obtain them each seasonal, then to make it fair for everyone I'd say the demonics should be removed from item mall completely in all seasonals, thus making everyone forced to farm them rather then simply paying for them / buying them off friends / (being given them for free by rich friends ;))

Edited by Happie

powerplant1

transfer for 5dollar per ess.

+1 vote

but i recommend removing seasonal servers  and just reward the winner of lad castle war  with the upgrading buff.

Edited by powerplant1