Reuho

Anything happing to tackle low player base?

Reuho

Its been a while, my question has there been any campaign to tackle the player base issue.... Or are there more important things? the game seems less lagging but there is seems like a void , even the pet store is empty....sigh

IKuPAI

So, recently I've learned that its hard to decipher exactly what pertains to a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) that binds all of those in-the know to minuscule public releases.

That being said, the game masters (yes, plural) are working hard to accomplish their lists of tasks which are priority. We, the players can only live in the environment they've created for us. It's much like real life... If you want something you have to obtain it yourself. Now, i plague your mind with the question; what good is max level and max gear when there are few opponents?

This is why seasonals is important. We all have the opportunity to start over with new rules and new content (as promised by the game masters). The seasonal rewards are beside the point but this company is so official it's simply postponed due to reasons which aren't directly disclosed. What we do know is that we will be seeing a new pet and world event boss in season 2. Aside from that were looking at a new website which can provide who knows how many elements.

as for the player base; 

many players have pointed out the lack of activity about 2 months after the game is released. It appears to me that the feeling of defeat is too much for this player demographic to bare. This game is much like elimination fight to the top. Imo seasons should last 1 week after max level is reached.

However, the ~4 month gap in releases provides game masters the opportunity to develop new content at a consistent pace. I'm quite confident that every season we can expect a new reason to at least sample turf battles.

My job lately started with the thought that player attitudes were the cause of the low population. Ie; newbie bragging. After promising mutes I've decided that we simply don't have enough players to look for huge end game situations right now. I spammed reddit, twitter, twitch, facebook and a few youtube video comments. We saw an increase of ~40 players over a week of my casual advertising.

Most lately I've been thinking deeper and the issue seems to be; with veterans and new players alike.... They become defeated. Not only digitally but morally. It becomes hard to play a game where you feel like you have no chance. 

I could go deeper but on another note I've created a website for cataloging turf battles information. I'm releasing melvil tower tps, laziel tower tps, wandering dragons information. At this point a new player should only be held back by their dedication. I'm trying to provide the knowledge of a 15 year veteran and friends to anyone interested in actually succeeding at this game. I've learned so much here, i can't help but share.

I always write in bricks because it seems i get one chance before things explode and concepts get lost. I hope this is what you're looking for. My website is below... I hope it helps you and your friends.

http://www.tbkb.info

Edited by IKuPAI