Zorpy99

Seasonal Content

Zorpy99

So everyone who plays is well aware the current game population is very little cause when season ends most wait till the next one appears.

Now what im thinking is instead of releasing the new content only on seasonal why not release it at the same time on Tri and Seasonal but only have the increased upgrade rate of g11 weapons and gear on seasonal?

This way for example if its g12 sets being released and v4 to farm materials for the sets then we could have it where new players or anyone really can go seasonal to make good g11 sets and others can stay on tri server and work on getting g12 sets. Cause lets be real its hard enough to find a party to get from 1-300 in that time period unless your able to play alot cause people start to quit. So if your starting at level 1 and you want 300 that alone will take at least 1 month if you can get good parties and decent set then you got to farm jewels and then somehow got to survive the damage long enough to farm the materials needed in v4 to make g12s. If you work or anything that makes you not be able to log on everyday i dont think you would be able to?

Leave your thoughts if you think this would be a good idea or bad idea

Addictive02

I agree with Zorpinater on this one. The whole reason for the Seasonal Server was to get new players into the game and allow them to catch up to everyone. With all the veteran players playing the seasonal server what usually happens is the veteran players pass everyone else and allow no one to farm islands or level etc. That isn't fun for anyone especially for new players. I agree both servers should be updated with whatever content the seasonal shall bring except allow the seasonal to have added perks. I think everyone should respect the fact that the seasonal should be for new players, but there are plenty of ***holes out there that probably aren't going to allow players to level or get gear regardless. 

Shake and Bake?

Edited by Addictive02
Add Shake and Bake

Spikanor

i can tell you the population at the start from this game was good but since some veteran players have go crazy at the start off the game then i talk about month's later most off then have quit fast.

and then i talk about the rampoa and rock pken at that time it means most off then are stuck on between lvl 100-200 that have quit the problem is been fix now but its still the curse from the low population.

and the problem was also that back then each update has a facking class nerf or like most off it a roll back from a buff for a class and this part is not the players but the develepors fault since poeple get sick off each time when a update come's that a nerf also is coming for a class then the fun is also gone to play if there keep nerfing the class each time.

i see it like this: what is the point off playing a game if you cant level up and make good gear then keep stuck on the same time each day and you cant do notting.

then why not bring the update's on the tri server only that the population there can grow and not get stuck.

i bet most veteran players have like 10+ accounts now and it only become's more and more for each new season.

i go for removing the season contand if its on a diffrend server and if its on a diffrend server use then the season contand server for adding more channels on the main server?

guy5

People quit not because of veteran players, who dominate everything and don't let other players progress (or maybe they do, but it's not the only reason). You have to see it like it really is. They leave because the game is boring. There should be more items and skills in this game. I mean more armour sets, more weapons, more kinds of gems to upgrade the new items. If you can have endgame stuff at 160 what's the point in playing? Yes I know this game is PVP, but when you have everything and all you can do is PVP, you will get bored quickly. There should be special sets dedicated to 120, 160, 200, 250 and 300. And I don't mean 10s set which is from 2005, and it's ugly and outdated. We need a new shiny cool looking set for shuy (lets say signed as 10,5s). The same for 160, 200, 250 and 300. (well, the old 11s may stay for 160). There sould be different types of weapons (more effective against particular types of enemies... mages/warriors/archers/nephilims/humans/ granting miscellaneous bonuses). For ex. you play fist lvl 160 - you should have 3 different weapons to choose - each of them would demand different build (depending on stat points). One drains hp (for being more tanky), the other is more effective against mages (ignores 10% of mana barrier), and the third one is effective against warriors (ex. ignores block rate). There should be more skills, which would be available at 120,160,200, 250 - just like master skills but all active. Awesome hmm?! Let's say you play blade 120. Excluding master skills, you can have 3 new skills: 1st skill gives one minute boost to your hp (when activated), 2nd skill is like blast blade but weaker, and the 3rd one - you slow enemies on hit (only when activated - ex. lasts 45 sec on lvl 10, cooldown is 2 minutes).

I know it's easy to say, harder to do, but imho seasons are not the good solution for your problems. People will play for one month, maybe two... they will reach the top and they will quit again, until the next season starts... what's the point? Not sure if you are aware that less and less players will be coming with every next season. I have visited the season server one month before its end. It was empty. I met only few high lvl players. Not to mention triumpus is totally dead now. I created my character like 2 weeks ago and now im 120, met no one on my lvl.

PS. I quitted long time ago.

Edited by guy5
PS

stubi

Okay then i shall give my opinion on this aswell...

i would consider myself as a above mentioned veteran and imo season is the best possible thing that happend to the game.

First, new players get the chance to compete on the triumphus server after the season has ended,

2nd, more money comes into the developers hands so the game can progress further.

no income basically means that the server will shut down.

The most thing i enjoy about turfbattles is the early stage of the game, when you get ur first g11 parts and start upgrading with

your buddies and compete for the first +7 sets :). 

So if they would release a new type of armor on both servers i would still go for the season server just to play the early game.

IKuPAI

This thread is a great read!

We've had countless chats about this in discord and in game, but it doesn't hurt to catalog opinions. When reading my response try to remember I am a player with no bonus information.

Zorpy it appears to me that you are using the clues available to deduce what may happen in season 2. Unsure, you are; how much time has been properly utilized or how many have people have contributed. 

Since our dawn of relative space we've seen the game masters ACTIVELY working on the game. From server stability to war icons we used to see updates on tri server somewhere around bi-weekly. And fixes/server handling daily. Then we planted into the game Masters' heads that we need alternatives to the HETB exp route. This was no longer a plvl game and 1-125 tiaz is no longer appropriate. 

......And the game masters became lost in the crowd. As if they vanished to vacation... Or fled to the workshop. These aren't GM001 and such, these PEOPLE are shockdot and scottie. They used to be our friends. Without pulling sympathy i just mean to illustrate a release:

"ooohhh wait till everyone gets a load of this!!!"

*Releases update / watches reaction*

For real though, this community is even tougher than one's self criticism. No wonder the predecessor GMs abandoned us.

Back to history... So they released east lad trying to fix a few questions: desau off FL pls? +5 blessings for noobs please? And where to exp level 100-125 and 135-140? Admittedly these all need some tuning.

Yet, The players were furious...

That's it?! That's all you got?!?!

And the GMs sided with players when saying essentially if a few months is your timeline projection make it fun for us. Give us something to do that you don't have to constantly be updating.

And season 1 was born.

We gained SSC 120-160 INSTANCE (heavily farmed for demonic essence now), we got northeast lad (levels 155-240 benefit here), we got supreme gems (do i have to say +10/9 sets are still being made in triumphus), and we got to see directly boosted upgrade rates and how they impact the main server.

So now we're going into season 2 and i hear players talking about two things mainly, level 120- (120 levels involved) and 200+(100 levels involved). 

Before continuing I have to reminisce... When playing AGETB we had the entire sephiroth library and I would use the sephiroth website to render english information for the players... They had 6 floors of delphiroth, outside ghost castle was a leveling zone, it was rumored that 160 took 6 months to achieve. They had 15 Grades of gear and who knows how many sub grades. This game was pve. They had fame everywhere and tribe wars initiated by leaders. Oh, no islands btw...

HETB had plvls and pvp only. Lvl1-125 and 125-160 and 160 to 200 then fl. And fl was constantly under attack. There was a pve team and an anti pk team. Players wanted to keep their gear to help other players.

Our version has 3 major elements. The HETB main basis (very successful with 4 years no gms) and the SEPHIROTH augment together making up 90% of what we're playing today. However, an overlapping 40% is manipulated by new generation new players. For example, karebear island, pvp zone restrictions like FL, certain newcomer quests, the amazing ctrl+n interface, reforging, supreme gems.

This game is like none other and it's not finished yet. Give em a break... Around 4-5 months exactly. I'm pretty confident they'll deliver something incredible.

I did want to talk about the many important points that were brought up in this thread including:

Level 120- gears and skills

-in AGETB we had apprentice skills for levels 70-100 which I'm sure could be reimplemented in the future.

1 month patience durability

-"everybody has a dream, not everybody has a grind" -Eric "ET" Thomas

This falls back on the player. I showed up 2 months late to season 2 and still found a bunch of players to kill. I bought a 8/7 set and had 9/8 within a week. Doubled it up with a week of break/merch for 2x 9/8 sets to swap around for the rest of the season. 

Level 200+

-Not everyone, but most of us have seen the g12 earring in northeast lad. It looks to me like an easteregg... Patience...... I'm sooooo excited to see what's coming too.

Exp zones from 160-200

We already have some reasonable zones for exp at this level. Honestly, everyone should be trying to gather a team for rock but if you can't.. season 1 brought us alternatives for this level bracket specifically.

This isn't finished, but have a look at my website for rock alternatives

http://www.tbkb.info/levels-160-200.html

Population

My answer to the population is...

Once the veterans appear content/happy the players will come naturally. But if you want tri server to be as important as you say, we need materials for new players to utilize in seasons. This way they can get 1 good run and sit content in tri next season too. Not all vets want to play seasons, but they do want progress. Not all new players can see the game's progress, but they do want seasons.

I'm not kidding when i say if you want better population this season make videos. Even before the season. Make guides. Everything you can think of, I'll host it on www.tbkb.info !

Make new players feel like they have the tools to succeed and you just wait and see what we beasts run into!

http://www.tbkb.info/videos

As always, sorry for the long response but I just want to express how important patience is to a small project with such grand potential.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by IKuPAI

Rave

What if you don't have enough time to compete on seasonal server and want to chill on triumphus ? Do we agree on the fact that seasonal upgraded rates are not live ? What's the point then I feel like playing the same game I played like a year ago (when v3 came out) speaking as a high level character. Everything that happened on season should be on tri then except for events. U release s2 now what happens once it merges again chill players still walk in 98 set in 3 months against beast g12 things ? At least make those players able to get the max content from s1 which is not the case rn.

Spikanor

if i read good some post's that the upgrade is higher on the season server then on the triumphus server then its a problem why the triumphus  server is almost death.

if i need on triumphus a +10 or +9 part and its hard to make it on the triumphus server but on the season server the upgrade change's are higher then i make it in the season server and when it end's i can use it on the triumphus server and not have to make it more on the triumphus server since the upgrade is there lower then on the season server thats not good.

how to fix it easy season servers have the same upgrade change's as on the triumphus server then players will stay more on the triumphus server if there after the gear upgrading.

if i remember good on the old forum site there where some guide's make also if i remember good some guide movie's from the game if there are still on youtube i not know if the game still the same as in the guide i not know thats something to find out.

i have play also 1 year ago or longer but i quit playing this game 1 year ago and now i only come here and there what online.

i can also tell the reason why i have quit was about the stupping nurf's that was happing that time and the last nurf i was telling a friend from me in the game i quit and sadly he was also quiting for the same reason.

what also helps to bring more new players is a good trailer from the game.

a trailer that shows some things that Turf Battles has.

like a part off leveling on rock with some players.

FL war part.

Island Farming part.

socer event Part.

farming gear some part

and some others place that are inportent to know that a new player wane know.

make meybe some short movie's off that and put then all in a good trailer for the game and release it on youtube and facebook?

and who knows it helps.

Zorpy99

soooooooooooooo the gm released information on season 2 and first complaint is HOWWWWW ON EARTHHHH do you expect people to get high enough level to farm and survive long enough to get the g12 resources andddddddddddddddddddddddddd unlock reforging all in 3 months time? goodluck if you arent on 8 hours a day i say remove the need to have reforging unlocked to make g12s

shockdot
5 minutes ago, Zorpy99 said:

soooooooooooooo the gm released information on season 2 and first complaint is HOWWWWW ON EARTHHHH do you expect people to get high enough level to farm and survive long enough to get the g12 resources andddddddddddddddddddddddddd unlock reforging all in 3 months time? goodluck if you arent on 8 hours a day i say remove the need to have reforging unlocked to make g12s

Read the last line of the update ;).

Zorpy99
6 minutes ago, shockdot said:

Read the last line of the update ;).

well you just added that part cause i had to refresh the season 2 news page to see that and regardless it would need a pretty big increase to still be possible to obtain you have no idea how brutal it was and the amount of stuff needed..

IKuPAI

A damage nurf in v3 would be incredibly useful to resources in season 2. 

But I'm sure there's a plan! Did you see buffs don't reset now?! *Drools*

shockdot
5 minutes ago, Zorpy99 said:

well you just added that part cause i had to refresh the season 2 news page to see that and regardless it would need a pretty big increase to still be possible to obtain you have no idea how brutal it was and the amount of stuff needed..

Never said it I hadn't ;). There's a few changes to the news article that were made. We know exactly how much stuff is needed.

If you hadn't noticed, a lot of this seasons changes are QoL updates. We've had feedback from players on what is more daunting about Production Skills, and we hope to address some of that feedback in our updates during the start and throughout the season.

1 minute ago, IKuPAI said:

A damage nurf in v3 would be incredibly useful to resources in season 2. 

But I'm sure there's a plan! Did you see buffs don't reset now?! *Drools*

Some buffs, the subscription buffs.

Zorpy99
4 minutes ago, shockdot said:

Never said it I hadn't ;). There's a few changes to the news article that were made. We know exactly how much stuff is needed.

If you hadn't noticed, a lot of this seasons changes are QoL updates. We've had feedback from players on what is more daunting about Production Skills, and we hope to address some of that feedback in our updates during the start and throughout the season.

Some buffs, the subscription buffs.

Are you able to provide any further information on subscription buffs such as cost per item tc/leni amount you can have do they stack with the tc shop buffs

Zorpy99

unless by counter parts your talking about the same kind of buffs from turf shop but still prices and such would still be kinda nice

shockdot
3 minutes ago, Zorpy99 said:

Are you able to provide any further information on subscription buffs such as cost per item tc/leni amount you can have do they stack with the tc shop buffs

They don't stack with TC buffs (of course haha), or any of their counterpart buffs either.... such as the 2K fish HP buff (I updated the news article awhile ago with that). The pricing is in TC and they come out to be cheaper than if you bought all the buffs individually from the Turf Shop... With the added benefit of not ending early due to death or channel switching.

Zorpy99
20 minutes ago, shockdot said:

They don't stack with TC buffs (of course haha), or any of their counterpart buffs either.... such as the 2K fish HP buff (I updated the news article awhile ago with that). The pricing is in TC and they come out to be cheaper than if you bought all the buffs individually from the Turf Shop... With the added benefit of not ending early due to death or channel switching.

when will subscription be able to be purchased on the item mall anyways?

stubi

Stop crying you dont need to lvl up reforging only the 3 basic progressions. Grab 3 of your best mates make a shared account and safe all the materials you received while lvling. Only "hard" part is potion brewing but as i said it is easy with teamwork.

Would be different if you would need lvl100 reforging tho...

Zorpy99
2 hours ago, alpha_32127 said:

Stop crying you dont need to lvl up reforging only the 3 basic progressions. Grab 3 of your best mates make a shared account and safe all the materials you received while lvling. Only "hard" part is potion brewing but as i said it is easy with teamwork.

Would be different if you would need lvl100 reforging tho...

Not crying when i didnt say anywhere u needed 100 reforging i said unlock reforging which means 100 in all skills same thing and sure team work and someone mass clicking would work but im talking in general not just unlocking it but leveling to tank v3 to get the materials and getting a good set and jewels just saying its gonna need to be alot easier then normal