unlitsky

No longer F2P

unlitsky

According to this new update for Season 2 this game just officially became P2P and is no longer F2P. If you can only get one buff per day you are basically screwed. 

I'm disappointed in this. 

Side note: fixing the glows do not matter if you do not have level restrictions with gear on islands since the lower level items will never been used otherwise. 

shockdot
34 minutes ago, unlitsky said:

According to this new update for Season 2 this game just officially became P2P and is no longer F2P. If you can only get one buff per day you are basically screwed. 

I'm disappointed in this. 

Side note: fixing the glows do not matter if you do not have level restrictions with gear on islands since the lower level items will never been used otherwise. 

We didn't say it was one buff per day, just that the daily quest would reward the user with the buffs.

Masta

It's free buffs(multiple stacks) a day...

You just cannot trade them.

Edited by Masta

unlitsky
1 hour ago, shockdot said:

We didn't say it was one buff per day, just that the daily quest would reward the user with the buffs.

Okay then, not 1 per day but how many? 5 isn't going to get you anything through PvP. Masta is talking about stacks of buffs but a stack can be anything more than one. This may need to be a topic to elaborate on because the way I read it, the game is no longer F2P (something it never really has been). 

EDIT: Also I know you need money to keep the game up and running. If you are wanting to exspand this game though, you need all age groups. We as a community started playing this game around what 7-9 age groups? "We" at that time could in no way sink 3k into the game like some players have. At that point if they are wanting to live in a PvP battle against someone who can do that, the battle will be one sided and unfair. I have given what, $10 to this game? My name appeared in the PvP under the winning side maybe 10 times? When I downloaded this game over a year ago I didn't have any money to my name. I had just graduated college, moved back home, no job, nothing. The quit the game because I couldn't do anything without having TC. That isn't fair to a group that cannot get the means of an item that can help benefit them easily as someone who can buy TC. 

Edited by unlitsky

unlitsky

I do try and support the game with moving on and staying alive. I show you that with providing ideas and still reporting issues when I do not even play. It is sad to see the focus is on making money rather than just getting a solid player base. From a point of view as someone who has run a PServer of games, been a mod on various other games and forums the game right now is making quick fixes not long term fixes and ignoring large issues with the game because of the focus on money. I hosted a pserver on a laptop that had a population of at least 50 people per day. I made a wix website. All these things do not require extra hosting (i.e. expenses). You may want to take a step back and look at the game as a player. Something you stopped doing. I hear stories about when you did play, the fixes that came along because you saw the issues rather than work in a test environment where perimeters are different. 

Again, as always I am not trying to be rude. Just tell you what I see and help you out. Something I've always done since day one when I was the only person reporting to you the servers were down. 

Edited by unlitsky

IKuPAI

F2p players dont use the buffs that were removed... It's a pro player tactic for being poor. 

The changes will not only group buffs together for the f2p player, it extends duration from the previous, inferior version.

This will likely include an npc so the players are more aware of it.

They haven't removed the 3k hp scrolls and mdef scrolls from the turf shop so it can still be merched to f2p players.

Exp rates are going 2x from 1-100

In rampao you get some fair leni farming rates, so I see your anxieties about change, but this is progress. Please, come play season 2 before you assume our masters/testers are oblivious. 

Majority of season 2 looks like quality of life. Observe.

IKuPAI

Also, my intention is not to troll, but its FREE 2 PLAY

and PAY 2 WIN

Never once have i seen FREE 2 WIN...

M1RM4vf.jpg

It's free, imagine a highway vs a tollway

Zorpy99

Unlit is correct you can deny it whatever way you want but the fact remains the game is pay 2 win. Small example is g12 sets when ur crafting and adding stats on them and get improper stats then what???? toss tc for deph gems and keep trying till perfect or just keep crafting over and over again? Now i understand it costs 0 to play the game but if you want to have a side life while trying to enjoy this game you will have to put money into the game to keep up or get anywhere in it and thats a issue. Yes tc buffs are now reduced in price but ONLY if you buy a subscription?  when we all complain they are to over priced regardless....

IKuPAI

Delphiroth gems are the p2w way...

If ur f2p u make many sets of gear and sell the ones that don't go perfect, then rebuy perfect ones...

Or buy ur own delphiroth gems with the tc you intelligently sold things for.

It's the circle of life. Even dude at work said

"I have 2 friends. 1 plays the game non stop and makes all kinds of stuff then sells it to other players so he can go make more stuff.

The other friend logs in for 2 hours every night and buys the second hand gear from people like the first friend.

And they both are constantly complaining about each other... The funny thing is, they both need each other."

This wisdom came from a full time dad who hasn't played video games since the SNES.

It's the circle of life. You made a nice bread shop. Go on shark tank. Get franchised. You did the hard work and the big guy makes the money... But he made you progress too.

There's an easy way, and a right way to do things. Make ur choice. Procrastinating and laziness have value in 2 very different currencies.

Edited by IKuPAI

alpha_38927

nice, it only took them since alpha to fix the glows. maybe it will be that long before speed hackers are fixed.

Kanoran
5 hours ago, alpha_38927 said:

nice, it only took them since alpha to fix the glows. maybe it will be that long before speed hackers are fixed.

Not hacking man its laggggggggg as shockdot says all the time but pretty sure we would know playing the game and seeing them    lagggggg anytime they show up

guy5
18 hours ago, Zorpy99 said:

Unlit is correct you can deny it whatever way you want but the fact remains the game is pay 2 win. Small example is g12 sets when ur crafting and adding stats on them and get improper stats then what???? toss tc for deph gems and keep trying till perfect or just keep crafting over and over again? Now i understand it costs 0 to play the game but if you want to have a side life while trying to enjoy this game you will have to put money into the game to keep up or get anywhere in it and thats a issue. Yes tc buffs are now reduced in price but ONLY if you buy a subscription?  when we all complain they are to over priced regardless....

We all understand that this game needs money, and GMs need money as they devote a big part of their lives to this game. But you are wayyyy too greedy... It's ok for me, if there are some boosts in the game like exp scrolls, drop scrolls, various gems like deph gems, fantasctic rh/bt and many other things.... and it's ok when real money help you with getting a better gear, but money cannot affect direct conforontation on a battlefield... that's why people don't want to play... ap buffs, hp buffs, mdef buffs, zipped pots (worst thing ever)...compare 2 players with the same gear, one has all buffs on and use zipped pots, another one doesn't - the second one doesn't stand a chance, although they both spent the same time working on their characters. Not to mention that such a basic thing like pots should not be influenced by money....Pots should be leni only, and cheap, and the same for everyone, no matter if he spends money or not..

Reuho

If you look deep enough you can feed similar threads about this very same topic not to long ago. Been waiting on a update video by kupa or shockdot in regards to the direction of the game. btw any new on  greenlighting this on steam?

IKuPAI
1 hour ago, Kratos said:

P2W. There can never be HETB.  This game is based on money

If you mean HETB like duped web tc and duped gAme tc... Duped marvs, duped trans gems, duped 10/10 sets duped g3s duped PSA RINGS...

Yeah, it'll never be that way.

unlitsky

Part of the issue is this game keeps getting compared to HETB, and all the other versions. They need to stop. It is not being thought about as its own independent game. Instead it is being compared which keeps it in a shadow of previous failed versions. KuPA loves to compare it and we don't want to hear that or think about it. It need to be thought about as it's own version. Without that when what is this, HETB v.5?

Reuho

what this game really need is a item market, booth function should be only for trading, and a huge graphical update. But that takes more then 3 people working on a game doesn't it?

maybe you should reach out to veteran developers or reach out to people from you coding classes and see if they can help out because of your passion tp see your project suceed and wanting to contribute to something that can employ them if successful. Go to a MMORPG developer reddit or discord sever and have people help out.

but your games your rules. just suggestions

Brooklyn1
7 hours ago, Reuho said:

what this game really need is a item market, booth function should be only for trading, and a huge graphical update. But that takes more then 3 people working on a game doesn't it?

maybe you should reach out to veteran developers or reach out to people from you coding classes and see if they can help out because of your passion tp see your project suceed and wanting to contribute to something that can employ them if successful. Go to a MMORPG developer reddit or discord sever and have people help out.

Omg i 100% agree with this it’s so hard to buy and sell things maybe they can create a grand exchange like runescape did where players can sell things in a bank without having to be online and people can buy it and when that person logins his tc or Leni will be waiting for him at the bank etc and also your right like where tf is Scott when you need him shockdot is over thinking and making them game like HETB

IKuPAI
12 hours ago, unlitsky said:

Part of the issue is this game keeps getting compared to HETB, and all the other versions. They need to stop. It is not being thought about as its own independent game. Instead it is being compared which keeps it in a shadow of previous failed versions. KuPA loves to compare it and we don't want to hear that or think about it. It need to be thought about as it's own version. Without that when what is this, HETB v.5?

Players HATED sephiroth type versions. @unlitsky

Despite popular misconceptions HETB was incredibly successful. Consider gm activity.

Furthermore triumphus was released as almost an exact replica of HETB

The developers are clearly redesigning this to the tune of HETB. That's the version all vets miss... I understand new players don't understand but if we wanted a different game We would be playing blade and soul, wow, eve, deadman mode

But we want... And have turf battles. Don't forget who we are and where we came from.

IKuPAI

Not everyone is on the same page... Some people suggesting things have no idea what the pve level brackets are, or what magics what class uses. At a certain point this is logic. Yellow is damage black is debuff white is buff.

Ignorance of tb mechanics are on high. Players play and then quit because they can't hang. And expect changes when  the game isn't broken... One's spirit is.

If one can't understand the full interworkings of the game how can you expect to make a positive impact on THIS game?

Edited by IKuPAI

Kratos
21 hours ago, IKuPAI said:

HETB'yi duped web tc ve duped gAme tc gibi kast ediyorsanız ... Duped marvs, aldatılmış trans mücevherler, duped 10/10 setleri duped g3s duped PSA RINGS ...

Evet, asla böyle olmayacak.

Maybe. Here expensive buffs. Here 50 TC HETB 10 TC. Why ? You dont want to understand.  There are not even as many players here.

unlitsky
1 hour ago, IKuPAI said:

Players HATED sephiroth type versions. @unlitsky

Despite popular misconceptions HETB was incredibly successful. Consider gm activity.

Furthermore triumphus was released as almost an exact replica of HETB

The developers are clearly redesigning this to the tune of HETB. That's the version all vets miss... I understand new players don't understand but if we wanted a different game We would be playing blade and soul, wow, eve, deadman mode

But we want... And have turf battles. Don't forget who we are and where we came from.

There you go again comparing it to HETB because you need closure as you once said in discord. This needs to be viewed as Tri TB not HETB v.5. Players can hate something all they want, that doesn't stop the GM from following the same path. Release something original. Not something they have had in other hosts. Let's see his real coding ability rather than copy, paste and edit ability. Not trying to throw shade, but I am. If he gets the game to its end, then what? Nothing new will ever come out again? 

Edited by unlitsky

Happie
11 hours ago, Reuho said:

I'd say this would probably be overall the best thing for the game but it's been offered even when the community of this version was at it's largest. Even I myself offered to help out with the things I had experience with and i know of several people who also offered to help out with programming and such for no charge because we wanted a better game, but the general idea drowns in the amount of complaints aswell, i've given ricky my fair share of thoughts about the game, both constructive opinions aswell as just literally raging telling him to fix the damn game. But i havent seen him accepting help from anyone whos really offered it and i havent really heard of him giving any reply for the reason to it.

Before i get a reply saying that this is a business and that it wouldn't be professional or anything similar to it, remember that this game was founded by the community and was supposed to be for the community, a very large amount of people sank tens of thousands of dollars into this game to bring it back, accepting help from those who are willing and want to improve a game they are passionate about is something i think any game developer should be happy about, not reject without a damn good reason to do so.

And no offense towards the current people working on the game, but it's really difficult to feel that there's any real passion to improve the game, it feels more so like a learning project over a full scale game and alot of those emotions are reflected back to the community, there's a reason why there's barely anyone around compared to before and no amounts of advertisment or excuses will solve the issue of the declining userbase, the issue lays elsewhere.

IKuPAI
1 hour ago, unlitsky said:

There you go again comparing it to HETB because you need closure as you once said in discord. This needs to be viewed as Tri TB not HETB v.5. Players can hate something all they want, that doesn't stop the GM from following the same path. Release something original. Not something they have had in other hosts. Let's see his real coding ability rather than copy, paste and edit ability. Not trying to throw shade, but I am. If he gets the game to its end, then what? Nothing new will ever come out again? 

You played this game for 1 week and quit. You have no idea what this is about. And you have no idea what it is now or what it was in the first place. The most common thing u say is '"not trying to throw shade... But i am"

You live in a shady, tunneled mindset. I'm sorry to be rude, but it's ur own shade.. i don't have to throw it.

When u helped with my site U thought red mages have black magic...

We need closure meaning hetb had a gap from level 90-300 where u wore the same gear. 

Next time u quote me add context.

Edited by IKuPAI