shockdot

Level 1-11 Reworks

Pure

The gear score idea seems like a good alternative to me. Opens up a lot of opportunities for new players, and also allows vets to experiment with builds etc, while all being on a fair and somewhat even playing field. This will now come down to experience and team play which at this lvl starts to become key points of the game and a great place for new players to learn, and gear up.

This also appeals to me as someone who might now not have the time to compete at 200+ as much as I would like to, meaning I can still enjoy the game at 160 without having to dump 100's of hours into the game to stand a chance, so lends a hand to players with less time to play.

I do however think with the G12 changes we will see more people on alts at lower lvls, seeing as Rue is only on s1 and farming 1 server of Rue just doesnt quite cut it for a decent tribe. So I'm guessing Duan will get pretty heavily populated which is good, though we will see.

All in all yes we need some sort of change as, as it stands the game is not at all newbie friendly. sure there are alternatives, but they are long and boring ways and no one wants to spend months farming kare bear island.

Addictive02
3 hours ago, abantage said:

I'm not sure if anyone else caught this, but here is another reason for spreading out the gears and making each bracket interesting and unique in its own way. 

Introducing the g12 gear will separate the current bracket [G11 from level 121 to 300] into two brackets [G11 121-200] and [G12 201-300]. Great, from one bracket into two brackets, meaning we are making progress 

Buetti said... "In the future g11 gear will only be needed to farm the materials in v3, that you need to craft g12 Sets."

Lets think about this for a second and expand. This applies to the fact that g12 being the new end game gear, it is the new set everyone will be working for. Meaning that once G11 is used to obtain a g12 set, it will not be used again. What does that mean for g11? It will be used at level 200 primarily, yet to make a g11 set as a 200 you have to go to either nado or ghost castle. The problem here is that, rh and bt being farmed at ghost castle will have no purpose for the level 201+ if they will be using g12 sets. Why not change Ghost Castle to be levels 161-200? Now let us look further, G11 will be used in two brackets [121-160] and [161-200]. Why do we need to have two brackets with identical gears? Collapsing the two brackets into one, essentially leaving it the way it is, is too problematic as there is too much of a gap from the low part of the bracket to the highest part. If we allow G10 to be used on nado without G11, we can allow players to build their way into the next bracket. They don't have to worry about not being able to farm rh and bt in the later part of the game, if Ghost Castle is available in the next bracket for them to make their gear even better. Each bracket should allow players to upgrade their current gear and future gear. 

As I said before, this will prevent people from dicking down from above on lower brackets. More importantly, it still leaves a purpose and function of g11s. Duan could have life again, as could Ghost Castle in the 161-200 bracket. In HETB, there was no Rue, leaving the 201+ players to farm Duan with a 200 level character, or buy gems to create a market in the game. That is why duan was always lit and full of action. 

Alex you have an extremely good point with GC.... I really like the idea to make GC 161-200 as well. This will really bring life to that lvl bracket with Duan. Fcking brilliant!!! There needs to be something made then for 201-300 other then Rue because Rue is going to get brutal being how small it is and with everyone farming for Sephs and SC for there G12 set.

If GS gets implemented I still think all the 200 islands should be able to use all Charms and everything G11

Edited by Addictive02