shockdot

Level 1-11 Reworks

Pure

Yeah I'd be down with G11's 161+. Does seem dumb you can use the exact same gear nearly on your 160 as your 300...

Also in all honesty i was thinking whats the point in going over 160 is season 2, as It's just a kinda pointless grind, and all for what so you can do the same crap at a higher lvl in the same gear?

At least if this was to change you have a reason to lvl past 160. And it all feels more bracketed.

And also this change would make the game more noob friendly, as you wont have crap OP people on kando/ nado, and they actually stand a chance of gearing up and having some fun.

Not sure however I'll be going past 200 as imho G12's look absolutely horrendous and never liked them, they look so ugly.

abantage
1 hour ago, Pure said:

Yeah I'd be down with G11's 161+. Does seem dumb you can use the exact same gear nearly on your 160 as your 300...

Also in all honesty i was thinking whats the point in going over 160 is season 2, as It's just a kinda pointless grind, and all for what so you can do the same crap at a higher lvl in the same gear?

At least if this was to change you have a reason to lvl past 160. And it all feels more bracketed.

And also this change would make the game more noob friendly, as you wont have crap OP people on kando/ nado, and they actually stand a chance of gearing up and having some fun.

Not sure however I'll be going past 200 as imho G12's look absolutely horrendous and never liked them, they look so ugly.

Yeah, esspecially since you can get a decent g10 set rather easy, it would allow noobs to progress and be friendly. 

IKuPAI

Alright... I've been non stop thinking... And i believe i have a compromise.

There is no issue with the gear except the overlap from g10 5/5 = g11+1

This could be corrected by making g10 6/6 = g11 +4 (both safe)

To fix the low level population we need reasons to WANT the level 1/20/40/60 gears.

So i propose:

Level 1 pvp zone... It's like a boxing match. You can lvl skills on butterflies and add stats to ur lvl 1 gears and thats those are the only pvp advantags. Likely leni and tc wagers take place here.

Resource farms:

Level 20 can farm restat gems in west windmill at the circular arena. It's also fame disabled like an island and only lvl 20 can toggle pvp.

Level 40 should should have a similar zone in swamp. You need level 100 to farm sephs without buffs there, so lets nurf those mobs and make it a 40- seph gem farm.

Level 60 should get a divine gem farm at the graveyard in veros. Again level 60 ONLY pvp zone.

Level 90 should have a replica tornado where you farm magics east side and sorcs west side.

Level 120 should have a ghost shuy where players would farm SC gems only.

And finally level 200 should get catastrophia island to farm transformation gems.

Ofc desau/hosan should be level limited.

Also g10 jewlery should be 161+ 628 vit.

As pure said, we should list potential outcomes of our suggestions.

If we even up g10 And g11s it'll be much easier for a g9 set to farm g10s for upgrades with a ghost shuy than it will for a +4 g11 set to power farm v2 AND nado.

The game milestones and brackets have already been predetermined (nostalgic origins) and removing a perfect fit like g11s on nado will only exacerbate the issue when g15 gears are released.

Thus; adding more brackets and purposes for those brackets will effectively tackle OPPORTUNITY, GEAR USEFULNESS AND PROGRESSION INCLUDING but not limited to LEVELING UP.

Edited by IKuPAI

IKuPAI

And honestly g12s should be 200 requirement and 11.5 should be 180+ so you have a mid tier goal.

Edited by IKuPAI

abantage
45 minutes ago, IKuPAI said:

Alright... I've been non stop thinking... And i believe i have a compromise.

There is no issue with the gear except the overlap from g10 5/5 = g11+1

This could be corrected by making g10 6/6 = g11 +4 (both safe)

To fix the low level population we need reasons to WANT the level 1/20/40/60 gears.

So i propose:

Level 1 pvp zone... It's like a boxing match. You can lvl skills on butterflies and add stats to ur lvl 1 gears and thats those are the only pvp advantags. Likely leni and tc wagers take place here.

Resource farms:

Level 20 can farm restat gems in west windmill at the circular arena. It's also fame disabled like an island and only lvl 20 can toggle pvp.

Level 40 should should have a similar zone in swamp. You need level 100 to farm sephs without buffs there, so lets nurf those mobs and make it a 40- seph gem farm.

Level 60 should get a divine gem farm at the graveyard in veros. Again level 60 ONLY pvp zone.

Level 90 should have a replica tornado where you farm magics east side and sorcs west side.

Level 120 should have a ghost shuy where players would farm SC gems only.

And finally level 200 should get catastrophia island to farm transformation gems.

Ofc desau/hosan should be level limited.

Also g10 jewlery should be 161+ 628 vit.

As pure said, we should list potential outcomes of our suggestions.

If we even up g10 And g11s it'll be much easier for a g9 set to farm g10s for upgrades with a ghost shuy than it will for a +4 g11 set to power farm v2 AND nado.

The game milestones and brackets have already been predetermined (nostalgic origins) and removing a perfect fit like g11s on nado will only exacerbate the issue when g15 gears are released.

Thus; adding more brackets and purposes for those brackets will effectively tackle OPPORTUNITY, GEAR USEFULNESS AND PROGRESSION INCLUDING but not limited to LEVELING UP.

G11 is way to OP for nado. As far as farming for g11 in a g10 set, that means v2 should be slightly nurfed... possibly... Slightly, because we did v2 in g10s when the game first came out. 

Your whole argument of g10 6/6 = +4 g11 is total "leaky asshole syndrome". A g10 will never be strong enough to give players a chance against the powerful G11s. The difference is huge. Even if I'm gonna take a full G10 set 10/10 everything (which is still time consuming to make) and a 6 set G11 with a 8 or 9 wep, you will be a one hit, if not then pretty close. 

Stop with your whole nostalgic argument... the people here don't think it's a bad idea to try. Don't mention g15 items, when we don't even have g12s on the ground yet  

If we get new players, they won't know what the hell nostalgic turf battles even means, they are here to play a game and progress, which is possible if you spread the gears out and take g11 off nado and Kando. 

IKuPAI

A 10/9 grand honor archery now already deals like 1/8th of a 8/7 s 6/5 j hp with 1 fiend.

If we can make it do some real damage to a 9/8 set we'll See g10s on nado mid season.

Shadow
On 11/14/2017 at 3:55 PM, abantage said:

Well, if you took note of discord, or if "yah boy KUPA" sent you the information you would have known what the suggestions are. 

Make G8 be the max on Iah.

G9 for Shuy.

G10 for Nado/Kando.

Push G11 to duan.

Jewelry should be limited to a grade below the max grade for gear. In example: G9 jewels with g10 gear on nado.

This would create a unique pvp experience for each level bracket as people will be allowed to make various builds.

This way, people can BUILD UP their gear and have the ability to fall back on the previous level bracket if they cant progress in their current bracket. Its really not rocket science. At least, people can easily obtain g10 gear, with relatively good upgrade rates. This would allow people to trade dope stated g10s g9s g8s building a market, and also people can actualy work towards the next bracket in example "Farming rh and bt to make g11 gear while being on nado and not having 10/9 sets to fight against on nado". 

This would be a change in the right direction, that might bring back some people and allow people to not quit. The emphasis should be on team play. Right now g11 (and upcoming g12) is the ONLY important gear from 121 to 300.... yet 1 to 121 is using g1-10. Its ridiculous. The fact that you are considering a change, means less flame towards you. Dont expect much though... only 1 step in the right direction, depending on how you act on this g1-11 rework. 

I'd rather enjoy myself by just keeping myself simple. Buts since your snake ass and kaka still linger around here, I guess I'll look through your suggestions realistically and break them down into some key points. That should be considered before letting the community thinks your suggestions have any kind of consideration behind them, except you feeling important. Also, please refrain from acting as an Angel, we both know what kind of passive aggressive junk for thought you are, snake. People are free to have what ever the fuck opinions they want and you flaming them is the sole reason I'm here, writing this. With that said, let's take a look at your suggestions. 

So pushing g10's to nado and also bracketing the jewelry. I'd like to know how you want that to be pushed. So you want the g10s on nado by boosting their stats? Have you considered wether that would mix well with the class balance at that bracket? If you dont want the numbers to be pushed, then you pretty much need to look into class balances, which would affect the higher brackets. There simply is too little thought behind these suggestions, you are pretty much painting a nice ferrari and telling Ricky to somehow put one together. Even the jewelry party, while it sounds cool on paper, what do you actually want to be done with em... I mean right now g9 jewelry have lower upgrade rates and success safety than g10's. Do you want that to be changed and instead have the same rates on all jewelry, what would then be the purpose of all the tiers? C'mon be serious... Also you are effectively botchering the g11 set by pushing it off nado. That is because people will simply sit on their g10's  Nado/Kando and Push G12's for Gc/Rue. Why would someone waste precious time grinding g11 set, when they can jump that step without even visting Nado once. You don't even need to farm Islands for g12 gears, there are many places you can get the gems necerssary to upgrade the g12 set. And no, farming the crafting skills won't be a problem, since it was mentioned that Ricky was looking into QoL changes around that area and because people will split account to max out crafting with, "Emphasis team play". What will happen is, g11's is going to become a cheap-mans alternative for g12. Now these points are as much speculation as your suggestions are, simply because we don't know the numbers behind the g12 sets. G11's  might even be pushed out of GC -> GC becomes reaper farm. As you can see there are many side tracks your ideas could take, instead of a straight path that you make it seem to be. 

There is also another issue i have with pushing your ideas, that being the low roof limit you are setting for the gear standards on the lower brackets. You yourself mentioned that the upgrade rates are easy.... For gods sake, this game is supposed to be about outgearing each other and duking out for the right of being the best. Doesn't matter what bracket, people like specializing and dominating their brackets, it's how the game is supposed to be when it comes to islands. That's the greatest charm this game has, without that people might aswell go play runescape private servers with maxed out rates and shit. 

Now I could continue doting on why these suggestions are a no-go in my opinion, but I'd rather spend my time writing the rest of this post. So I'll move on to something that leans towards your goals, I'm not ignorant, I understand this game is harsh and unforgiving. That is why I'll build onto the said suggestions, but instead from the core issues the suggestion rose from:

Make new islands or rework karebear island as a point for the 100-159(+)(Yet again hard to determine where could be a good meeting point with the GM, as I do not know his limitations regarding the games developement) on where people can farm both rhs/bts and even standard gems.Or several islands based on resources attained. Yet again it doesn't have to be an island either, could be an area like wasteland with specific requirements. With that you've built a pathway for g10's, to work their way towards Nado or 200+brackets. 

On 11/14/2017 at 4:05 PM, Zorpy99 said:

i agree with removing g11 from 160- also would like to throw the idea of removing charms from 160- content or atleast make it so ap charms can only reach max level 100 and g1 desaus cause a 1k charm and 3 g3 desaus on 160- content is just completely broken

There is a reason it's broken. It's because people spent countless hours farming that shit so they could become 1# on respective islands that they work towards. There is nothing hindering you from achieving the same shit as the guy who have those sets. Don't think I can't see your shennanigans, back to karebear island with you, there is no one there can pk you. :)

On 11/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, shockdot said:

AP Charms (Max or otherwise) on ANY level character would be fine. Reason being is that it provides a percent increase, not a flat increase. The issue is that currently at 160, AP scales close to that of a max level character due to the lack of equipment separation (like it was in HE TB). While at the same time, HP does NOT scale equal to that... Which if most people agree that G1-G10 should be spread more across the defined level brackets, that would not be an issue.

As for Desaus/Hosans, there's a few things that can be done for that.... For instance, only allow G1 in a certain bracket, G2 in the next, G3 onward... Another user (Fantasy) might be making a post here later with another idea that could be used with Charms also.

Not only because the AP charms are %, but simply by the fact of how much some people worked to attaint their charms. If someone puts in that kind of dedication into game they should be rewarded for it. It's not only about the charms, same goes for gears.  :) 

Yet again I do not understand why people insist on limiting the roof of gear standard on islands. Do people not want to better than others by grinding Dumas some extra hours?? And should those who put in that grind be punished because of others laziness? I feel sorry for all the inviduals who put in all their time into this game, if that would be the case. :( 

On 11/14/2017 at 4:43 PM, abantage said:

KUPA stop talking. SO many players showed their support for this idea on discord yet you drove many of them away with your one line answers such as Seasons and making them rage. There is exactly one build for each class at the moment for 160, if you want to PvP successfully. 

How many g10 sets do you see right now for shuy? Ill tell you... ZERO...know why? Because g1-10 is POINTLESS with all of the pvp and pve happening at g11. Might as well delete all g1-10 and make g11 be the new g1.

Also, might i add, that a 6/6 g10 set being equivalent to 4 g11 set... hmmm... lemme think. Oh mmhm okay.. alright... well.. yeah okay.. NO! 4 g11 set is trash. You are going to weed out the g10 sets in a day by having the top players make a +6 g11 set or +7 and then everyone in a g10 is screwed. 

No, you stop talking.

I have no idea what you are going on about with the same build talk. It would seem to be you don't play the game or live under a rock. 160 Has several variations, achievable by grinding or relocating spare stat points. Examples would be blade, having either stun sword by putting extra stats on jewelry or pushing for a binah. Hell, wouldn't be suprised if Enemy tried to push both on that one blade, Hell this guy was crazy enough to push a goddamn attack speed based Blade on nado, ripping everything apart. BM's are known for their variations. Archers... The more montone would maybe be Red Mage and Fist at the moment, I simply don't know enough of those classes in those brackets, to tell you how they could variate. 

The reason people push for higher brackets is simple... If you can't see this then god help you. THE REWARDS ARE GREATER THERE. People will naturally push for those islands. Your gear on shuy argument is invalid here man. Also deleting some of the g1-g10s wouldn't hurt, that way monkeys won't get distracted. 

Ofcourse people will aim for better gear, that is one of the main fucking purposes in this game. Doesnt matter wether it's g10's or g11's they'll always try push it to the limit. What you are asking for is a stupid roof limit. 

On 11/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, abantage said:

You continue to be clueless. I have interest, and I have stated it multiple times that if the game gets the fixes the community and I want then I would return. And shenji is correct! Nostalgia of this game is the weapons glow and most importantly... THE MECHANICS OF THE GAME! keeping the mechanics in place but reorganizing the content does not take out of the nostalgic feel of the game as it will provide a fix to many problems that it currently has. The fact that shockdot is basically saying what is the communities opinions and that he will listen, is rewarding him with more respect than I can say for you. If the content will function for each bracket properly, I don't see why not go for this fix. Allowing people to build up is the entire point of a successful MMORPG. 

Unnecessary provocations. He want the good for the game as much as everyone else does. You are not the only one, get off that high horse. Please don't return, game is better off with less snakes. 

YES!! FINALLY SOMETHING GOOD!! I wont bother reading past game mechanics, because I want it to mean what I have in my mind. You have tendencies to trail into monkey business. Please Shockdot game mechanics, melees still block each other when jumping same target.... :'( 

On 11/14/2017 at 5:50 PM, Zorpy99 said:

This right here is what needs to happen it would fix everything why have end game jewels on duan.... why have end game sets on nado???? why be able to be a 160 and have a extra 4500hp because u got 3 g3 desaus on ????? like its just being stupid at this point if anyone is to think having a free 7500 hp on a 160- character is legit could you imagine being on shuy with 3 g3 desaus and tc buffs??? how are you ever going to die you just wont 

Jewels because the seperate brackets are closer related to each other. Pushing the brackets further apart would give less incentive to make several gear sets for all islands, it simply is not worth while. You can already farm most of the gems outside of the islands as it is( with good efficiency). 

Goddamn you must be seeing alot of PvP On Shuy.... It's so dead, you might aswell rework it into an island for their g10 plans.... Or just make it into private island for you, so we don't have to deal with his constant crying in the global chats ingame, each time he dies. Oh, and also this island would be with no tc buffs? 

IKuPAI

@Shadow didn't address ANY of my points.

With that said shadow is taking the same stance I am. We don't need to change g11s. The game revolves around these at 160.

There are other ways to address the problem than changing the gear sets. Please help us find a fix that doesn't remove the mId game, which has been consistent since the dawn of relative time.

Shenji

I already poop on almost every 160, with just a 9/8 acura set, 7/6 jewels with no asr and only g1 desaus.... but lets just keep the party going and let me get a 10/9 set, some g2/g3 desau, and some 8psa jewels. Im sure it will be great fun for new players... lmfao

IKuPAI

Shenji the issue here is that players are trying to change the whole based on previous experiences with season 1.

This season we have 3 grades of gear on gc, 3x exp from 1-100 and a now 3x routes for level 160-200...

Before assuming +10s will run rampant please invest in the idea that new elements are at play in season 2.

This is great feedback but imo the topic is premature.

stubi
1 hour ago, Shenji said:

I already poop on almost every 160, with just a 9/8 acura set, 7/6 jewels with no asr and only g1 desaus.... but lets just keep the party going and let me get a 10/9 set, some g2/g3 desau, and some 8psa jewels. Im sure it will be great fun for new players... lmfao

Good that you said "almost", anyway why do you think season servers were added?
Season was created to help out new players and maybe help ppl who have not achieved one of these sets you mentioned yet.

Edited by alpha_32127

Shenji

The players who have not yet achieved 9/8 are either brand new or dont have hours a day to invest. If they fall into the group that doesnt have much time to play then they might barely make a 9/8 set in seasonal, while vets leave with 10/9. Imo tri is where 9/8 is made, seasonal is for making 10/9. The hardships will continue for noobs till veterans have had enough seasons to make 10/9 sets for everyone, season 15-20 maybe.

Shenji

I can make 2 +8 armors an hour in tri, but i will admit iv never made a +9 wep in tri. For most players, if they dont dish out TC, 8/8 set is their reality. Seasonal will only help those players stay 1 step behind the competition, which in the g11 nado meta game, means a 1-2shot pk.

BingLing
8 minutes ago, Shenji said:

The players who have not yet achieved 9/8 are either brand new or dont have hours a day to invest. If they fall into the group that doesnt have much time to play then they might barely make a 9/8 set in seasonal, while vets leave with 10/9. Imo tri is where 9/8 is made, seasonal is for making 10/9. The hardships will continue for noobs till veterans have had enough seasons to make 10/9 sets for everyone, season 15-20 maybe.

+1 support and you know what caused this right? Supreme Gems. If they weren't introduced people would have at lease +8's and a few running around with +9s. +8 weapons don't mean anything anymore. I remember on the original turfbattles I saw an even amount of people with +8 and +9s not really +10s and on this game mainly the vets play this game they are running around with +10 weapons and perfect stat jewelry etc. Where is the fairness in that.Now since they aren't in our shoes they are making fun of all us and telling us to stop whining but they don't even see our point of view because they have achieved powerful weapons and gear and jewelry. 

Edited by BingLing

Shenji

Supreme gems are a nice thought but they are geared toward the tryhards, not noobs. Most people agree using a supreme bt/rh on anything but a 9/8 set is a waste, so we cant rightfully suggest that supreme gems are to help noobs catch up. People in 8/7 sets are struggling to get 1rh pouch, let alone 10. If they do manage to get a sup bt/rh, they are better off selling it for nearly the price of a +8 armor. Supreme gems are content thats geared towards the "haves", lets be honest.

Edited by Shenji

IKuPAI
43 minutes ago, Shenji said:

This is why you're basing it off season 1 (or before)

This is the first release where EVERYONE has a chance to start day 1. We have non pvp zones for all 200- content this season, level 1-100 is basically 3x what we're used to, g11s aren't going to be 100% focused by ALL players this season.

There are a ton of variables not being factored when discussing these changes.

Not only you, of course.

Shenji

It doesnt matter if everyone starts at level 1. This season im putting 10 hours a day in every day in v2. I will leave with 10/9 acura and hopefully some spare to trade for better jewels and desau. No ammount of jewels will save your 160 9/8 set bbm from me. 15k hp fist, 7k ap at level 160? Good luck fam

Edited by Shenji

Shenji

People who dont have 10 hours a day are gonna get curb stopped and quit at shuy probably, just like they do in tri lol.

IKuPAI

My 9/8 bm doesnt fear your +10 in the first place. But i could use a desau or two...

I will also be putting in much time, and i will not be farming g11s. 

Perfect example, you already claimed to be needing over 500 bt/rh pouches

I will need maybe 10.

1/2 of us are already not interested in g11s.

IKuPAI
1 minute ago, Shenji said:

People who dont have 10 hours a day are gonna get curb stopped and quit at shuy probably, just like they do in tri lol.

This "probably" is the entire issue...

To your "probably" i offer "not likely"

BingLing
21 minutes ago, IKuPAI said:

This is why you're basing it off season 1 (or before)

This is the first release where EVERYONE has a chance to start day 1. We have non pvp zones for all 200- content this season, level 1-100 is basically 3x what we're used to, g11s aren't going to be 100% focused by ALL players this season.

There are a ton of variables not being factored when discussing these changes.

Not only you, of course.

Dude it will only last for 3 months all of us starting from scratching, even after the 3 months what we amount to won't be shit compared to what the +10s Supreme Gem cheaters used and whatever we accomplish through season 2 won't mean anything on trimpruh server since all the vets arefar fetched from us. Most of the vets don't even play anymore because leveling is boring and the community is dead. Chinese and Koreans are the only ones talking and in the english chat maybe 4-5 of the same people talk. Atleast create some AI's or something to make the game feel active. Theres no difference in time zones because I stayed online one day to see if anything will really change and nothing. Still a dead chat. WarHeat has a G3 Staff with 10/9/7/7 like what the hell dude? Its ridiculous how players are making these types of items. I would expect a year or two for stuff to be made like that.

Edited by BingLing

Shenji

To your "not likely" i offer "wheres everyone at then?" 😂 smart players will use seasonal for what its made for, getting level 300s and dope g11 sets. Everyone is stocking up on mats in tri, no reason to waste time on that in seasonal. G12 will come after.