BingLing

Account Buying

BingLing

First off,  this maybe a widely debated thread but we will see how it goes. 

I don't care what anyone says, but morally and ethically we have every right to sell something we have or paid for out, out of our own money. There is absolutely NO stealing in any of this. In fact the only stealing going on is coming from the company that will be banning you from what you purchased from someone. And that is fact. You wouldn't provide support to anyone who sells there account or get scammed. So I was just listening to people on skype and even in-game. I found a very interesting topic/concern that was brought up in regards to buying accounts. The grind to level 300 is so long especially since the player base is really small with almost no parties, and not everyone has much time on their hands to get there, there are tons of people who invested alot of money into the game and now want to move onto other aspects of life, I am pretty sure everyone has a job here, or kids, or something happening in there life that they are in need of money. But the only thing preventing them from that is TOS. I am going to quote what shockdot said in a previous post to a question I asked. "Account sharing isn't legal, it's just not punished via a ban. Sharing your account voids support, as it says on our ToS, https://www.eonicgames.com/terms. Not to mention if your account did come under question of account trading, and we see that it is being shared amoung multiple people..."

I read the TOS again and you allow the sharing of accounts. For example, I could purchase a account and fool the system by allowing a close friend or someone I trust login to that and pretend to be using it. I am guessing you can only see the activity on that account by IP address. If only 2 people are using that account you would classify that as sharing a account when compared to a account that maybe has 3-4 using it. So could really stop someone from buying a account? If technically account sharing allows you try other people equipment etc? and you could play on that account all the time? Most of the people are smart and use discord, skype etc because they know the game chat is logged, like what the government does to its people. 

Edited by BingLing

SniperGOD

As someone with multiple level 300 chars ( some being rank 1 at the time) banned due to "Real life trading" I couldn't agree more.

shockdot

Account trading, is and will always be against our ToS. I can think of no MMORPG that allows real world item trading, you receive an instant ban if you are caught doing this on any of these games. This is not only for the games protection, but for the players. I can't tell you how many people have been scammed in any MMORPG because of that trash.

Since this subject isn't open for discussion or change, I'm locking the topic.