Brooklyn1

WTF PvP Sucks!

Brooklyn1

The title says it all, if everyone had watch the PvP tournament today, you saw that it was sooo boring. Now I see why people are leaving this game, because of the ridiculous nerfs. Archers, never had that high of HP, and fist were never this weak nor were blades and Red mages. More people are becoming archers than any other class. Blue mages have no critical like wtf? I am going to show you videos of what PvP was like back in the days. Do you guys notice how none of the legends in the videos have +10 weapon since it was super hard to make so more +9 weapons were used? 

Shockdot can you please take a look at the combat system for all the classes, it should mainly be based on your jewelry and your weapon and armor but somebody with better jewelry or gear / wep always had an advantage. Hawk killed people who were a way higher level than him. In this version of turfbattles its complete BS. No one dies, archers are like blades they tank and don't even die.  Everyone is switching to archer now like this game has zero diversity in terms of class. I see more archers and blades than fist and rms. 

1) RM:

Video of Defiant: 

2) Fist: 

Video of Hawk: 

3) Blades

Video of Hawk: 

Edited by Brooklyn1

stubi

Hello Stubi here,

The first video isnt from HETB but still the rm there seems to be pretty strong.
That fist is beating ppl in front of rock and killing some guys farming gc i mean he is literally 1 hitting most of
those guys.

I was one of the contestants yesterday on the PvP tournament (had to play for IJustGotRekt since he had no time)
and i didnt took the fight serious cause i already knew the outcome since he basically
tanked Masta and me (2 +10 weps) drivering him (also he is in the same tribe as me and he wouldve had better chances in the final).

Anyway i also couldve participated with my redmage and im kinda sad i didnt do it because yesterday it showed cleary what has to be changed.
so lets summarize some points about the classes:

Blades:
starting with the easiest to go, imo blades are well balanced and its natural that you need more then 1 player to bring a tank down.

Fists:
They have experienced 2 major nerfes in the past, one was the kat claw nerf (which was necesarry), the other one was the attack speed nerf of
clinching which was in my opinion a bit to strong but not that i wouldve adjusted it.
Overall fists are fine atm but theyre lacking impact cause archers are a bit overtuned.

Bluemages:
Same as blades i think they're just fine, they have a chance against mana weps due the mana rebirth and offer a wide amount of variety against several foes.

Redmages:
Well i think its hard to balance this class because it can get to strong pretty fast. The major thing is that if you want to PvP with it in the lategame and you
dont have a blacktouch you're screwed. Also you are fragile to manabows there is no way to defend yourself against it except for running away.
Also Redmages cant defend their selves against melees and there is the problem, if you would buff meteor shower as a possible weapon against blades and fists they would be way to strong cause it helps them out in every aspect of the game and it would be to strong with a bm on your side.

Archer:
They already have basically the best kit in the game. Their master and transskills help them in various situations, they have different weapons against every type of foe
and a solid vig and dex scaling.
They tank as much as a blade and still can deal a critical amount of damage but i think we all saw that. My suggestion would be to adjust the vig and the dex scaling,
a vig archer should be a support while a dex archer is the killing machine.

also on a sidenote please look into manabow once more, the fact that its a percentage amount of mana drained is insane it makes one of the late game items pretty useless the hosans.

Happie
9 hours ago, alpha_32127 said:

also on a sidenote please look into manabow once more, the fact that its a percentage amount of mana drained is insane it makes one of the late game items pretty useless the hosans.

Not to mention that upgrading a mana bow has 0 value as it doesn't benefit you enough damage wise or your ability to steal mana in any sense, an extremely well upgraded mana bow should steal alot more then a simple non-upgraded one in my opinion, similar as to how ASR is good to have on a stun bow.

IKuPAI

Very good points in this topic.

Something important to note...

Crow stringer used to have a poison that COULD 1 hit a nephillim...

And the mana rebirth could tank anything but that... Or a nice sized/skilled team.

Certain balance nurfs are 1v1 based, while the function was built for many vs many