cb_93327

Why nerf supreme gems?

cb_93327

I am just wondering why the supreme gems were nerfed for season 2? I understand you are trying to push players to explore the new g12 content but imo that kinda takes away from what the seasonal server was suppose to be all about which is making some crazy gear that just isnt possible on the tri server.

Kekelord

Seasonal should be a competition not a Supreme Gem farm fest based on who is luckiest.

The real question is why is every aspect of PVP Competition slowly being removed from the game.

Rue not a highly contested island.
GC seems rather useless due to G12 being ingame.

V2 can be farmed 24/7 without ANY RISK of other competing players.

V3 is a non PK zone.
East ladi EXP can't be contested without heavy AP and EXP penalties.

FL war is not being contested at all, last 4 FL wars were legit empty. There has been a single FL war that was fought for in the last 7 days. ONE.

Hau isn't being fought for due to its low rewards. Its essentially 1 FL run, with twice the effort, while you can do 3 V3 runs in that time and gain twice as much EXP.

Civil War isn't being actively contested by more than 1 tribe.
Soccer gives no PK points.

Rock Island isn't used anymore, plus penalties for PVP.

Black Zone, White Zone, Devils Room etc...NON PK zones.

Now tell me, what is the point of a player having 18/18 G12 Gear, when you can't utilize that gear for anything else than PVE?  Actually, what is the point of G12 at all ? its pure PVE farming without ANY RISK. Make 20/20 Gear without stepping a foot in a PK zone. 

What is this? Turf Battles or Carebear Battles PVE till you vomit?

cb_93327

This game itself is a farm fest... you know that better than anyone. the seasonal server is basically a "farm all you can for 3 months" kind of server no? 

Now as far as lack of pvp goes, i think the majority of that is just due to the lack of population, cost of buffs and the time zone differences imo. 

But yeah why exactly did the supreme gem nerf happen??

Kekelord
21 minutes ago, cb_93327 said:

This game itself is a farm fest... you know that better than anyone. the seasonal server is basically a "farm all you can for 3 months" kind of server no? 

Now as far as lack of pvp goes, i think the majority of that is just due to the lack of population, cost of buffs and the time zone differences imo. 

But yeah why exactly did the supreme gem nerf happen??

Supremes weren't meant to make 10/9 set. Its meant to help people make 9/8 sets so they can go PVP.

Farm fest or not, you are suppose to compete for resources. Not PVE your way to 20/20/20/20 set.

@Shockdot this needs to be adressed. PVP is slowly slipping out of TurfBattles.

Make Penalty for Fame only if you kill a player more than 100 levels below you.

Make V3 PVP Zone.
Make V2 PVP Zone on Servers 2 and 3.

This will enable competition for materials.

cb_93327

Thanks dennis i value your opinion.

But yeah why were supreme gems nerfed again?

Input from a gm or moderator would be valued aswell.

ospice6

Much more important question is.. why I can't even start the game?? I will quit if this won't be fixed soon.

Getting "Hardware of this computer is locked."

cb_93327
31 minutes ago, Kekelord said:

Supremes weren't meant to make 10/9 set. Its meant to help people make 9/8 sets so they can go PVP.

Farm fest or not, you are suppose to compete for resources. Not PVE your way to 20/20/20/20 set.

@Shockdot this needs to be adressed. PVP is slowly slipping out of TurfBattles.

Make Penalty for Fame only if you kill a player more than 100 levels below you.

Make V3 PVP Zone.
Make V2 PVP Zone on Servers 2 and 3.

This will enable competition for materials.

I do agree with you on the g12 gear, it seems that the game is headed in a pve direction. Grinding for 774 bazillion (probably only like 10 but you get the picture) different kinds of resources to make some G12 gear does not sound "fun".

shockdot

46 minutes ago, cb_93327 said:

Thanks dennis i value your opinion.

But yeah why were supreme gems nerfed again?

Input from a gm or moderator would be valued aswell.

I think Kekelord answered your question ;). In any case, I would like to point out what your original statement said....

2 hours ago, Kekelord said:

Seasonal should be a competition not a Supreme Gem farm fest based on who is luckiest.

The real question is why is every aspect of PVP Competition slowly being removed from the game.

Rue not a highly contested island.
GC seems rather useless due to G12 being ingame.

V2 can be farmed 24/7 without ANY RISK of other competing players.

V3 is a non PK zone.
East ladi EXP can't be contested without heavy AP and EXP penalties.

FL war is not being contested at all, last 4 FL wars were legit empty. There has been a single FL war that was fought for in the last 7 days. ONE.

Hau isn't being fought for due to its low rewards. Its essentially 1 FL run, with twice the effort, while you can do 3 V3 runs in that time and gain twice as much EXP.

Civil War isn't being actively contested by more than 1 tribe.
Soccer gives no PK points.

Rock Island isn't used anymore, plus penalties for PVP.

Black Zone, White Zone, Devils Room etc...NON PK zones.

Now tell me, what is the point of a player having 18/18 G12 Gear, when you can't utilize that gear for anything else than PVE?  Actually, what is the point of G12 at all ? its pure PVE farming without ANY RISK. Make 20/20 Gear without stepping a foot in a PK zone. 

What is this? Turf Battles or Carebear Battles PVE till you vomit?

I'll look into some changes.

2 hours ago, cb_93327 said:

I am just wondering why the supreme gems were nerfed for season 2? I understand you are trying to push players to explore the new g12 content but imo that kinda takes away from what the seasonal server was suppose to be all about which is making some crazy gear that just isnt possible on the tri server.

After the end of Season 1, players more than proved that obtaining the same type of equipment on the Triumphus Server was entirely possible. Several people made a +10 weapon on the Triumphus Server after Season 1 was complete. Now seeing as Supreme gems didn't actually effect upgrade rates, just protected the items... It's ENTIRELY possible for someone to use Supreme Gems until +9 or +8 on equipment, and then risk the item and succeed with a normal RH & BT.

IKuPAI

I'm a bit late to this topic, but...

I somewhat agree keke.

1)pk zones are being silenced piece by piece.

+Frozenland was first to go. We need a world instance with like 10x drop rate to influence pk... This should not be a fame zone.

2)gc is essentially useless and convinces leechers to sit at level 201 rather than make a nado.

+IMO we should repurpose gc into trans gems for eonics and trans skills. However, i think it should be 160-200.

3)fl is not a concern considering bad drop rates and scoffable experience rates. I understand this is supposed to be a grind to max, but given v3 rates and the the effort/resources required for war theres not much purpose in tanking insane bosses for next to no drops and terrible final tier exp.

4)v2 is uncontested

+The experience here is really nice, but east ladianes is MUCH faster at level 150 and drops relative items (jewlery AND gems to use them) where the v2 experience seekerz will likely not have pouches of bt/rh to invest while they level up/get plvld (this zone has exp, but it's a farming zone much like gc). The drops can be found in v3/ramapo 2. I feel like the current pk configuration in this zone is backwards. Imo the egg rooms should be safe, and the hallways should be pvp. Maybe this isn't the solution, I'm just illustrating the strange configuration.

5)v3 is uncontested

+You can achieve 2 tiers of 5/5 jewlery from this zone, aswell as what keke said; this is the best farming zone for g12 mats. Including herb resources. At the moment players just go farm. If it were pvp this would influence a market due to the hoarding of resources vs the demand but this also removes the easily accessible level 260/270 relative zone cap.

6) fame is crippling end game pve

+Imo, fame is a great thing but i feel like it's penalties are more geared towards the greifing player. Ex: i lure 50 monsters and someone else kills them. I turn on pk and kill the entire party. I lost my exp, lost my drops, lost ap and lost exp bonus.

+This feature should have a rework. Great concept, needs better execution.

IKuPAI
7 hours ago, shockdot said:

After the end of Season 1, players more than proved that obtaining the same type of equipment on the Triumphus Server was entirely possible. Several people made a +10 weapon on the Triumphus Server after Season 1 was complete. Now seeing as Supreme gems didn't actually effect upgrade rates, just protected the items... It's ENTIRELY possible for someone to use Supreme Gems until +9 or +8 on equipment, and then risk the item and succeed with a normal RH & BT.

I've been trying to tell players this since season 1 

But I did have a couple suggestions after contemplating this today;

+Ghost castle needs repurposed: 

1) We've been playing this game for 10+ years wearing g11s in ghost castle. Make this the new level 200 main farm for rh/bt and or trans gems. (Maybe a ghost Gertrude npc or... Any npc for that matter... Ghost Jakar, Ghost Sejunt... Can be added to drop trans gems)

2) This way we can retain the g11/eonic set builds at 200. Just like our game used to be. Locking this build at 200 just like nado hosts the 160 g11 / g10 jewlery builds.

3)i would think eonics would need a lower requirement... Say, 180.

+Fame really should be called honor...

1)I say this not for nostalgic reasons but it really matches the actual concept of pking in non-contested zones. Fame seems... Quite the opposite.

2) in reference to #1, this goes along the lines of saying... If someone takes an island you can come farm it anyways for 1 gem instead of 2/3/4/5 and you Rob the owner of a % of fame for not defending the monsters.

3) in reference to #2, killing your own guardian should also affect your honor.

4)this could introduce a type of tribe based "honor". Much like other games giving boosts for different levels, it would be something along the lines of joining the no honor tribe for an ap boost, or joining the famous tribes for drop boosts and defense boosts. Again... There should be changes to the colors.

=============

Regardless of the gameplay, the fame attributes need a reworking.

Again, I'd introduce a tribe based fame system much like the agetb had the tribe war system.

Rather than pking random people in east lad your tribe leader would choose to go to war with their tribe. 

In war, your fame would be unaffected, and you could now gain pkp in places like east lad, tiaz, wasteland... 

If you were declared war upon, your tribe could gain good fame for each pkp. If you declared war, your tribe would claim evil fame for each pkp. This would influence the evil fame tribes to have a need to be first to declare war on each other when the last war ends. Fighting for the most evil fame... While the other loses evil fame. There would be a cap on both sides, not like pkp but more like our current fame system.

If someone is tribeless, there should be a limited immunity. Like... A countdown to 1v1 or something. So they can prepare or retreat to safety.

This way, players pking in non pvp zones would still lose honor, but beginning a "civilized" global war state / 1v1 duel would give the opportunity to gain fame for their tribe.

+V2 and V3 used to be pk enabled

1) Given that we have nations, i don't see any reason not to make nation based pvp in more areas...

2) regardless of fame settings (which should be active in V2) we should make any level 201+ players go into nation state in V2. This way, they can fight each other without killing any 200-. Also encouraging 200- to go 200+ to kill someone who made them mad.

3)I don't think V3 should be a turn based resource like FL is, but more of a HAU type situation with a randomly spawned boss monster everyone wants to kill... Maybe its the wantanka of V3 and has 0.00000001% chance of dropping a delphiroth gem.

+What about end game islands? Without GC max level becomes lame like duan used to be.

1) I'm not sure if there's an intended purpose for catastrophia island, but I'm sure the game masters could come up with something creative. Any other unused island for that matter.

+And frozenland?

1)As I've said before the classic world instance was great! Sure, it was hard to level... But we have FL instances AND  east lad AND V3 now.

2)i propose making FL instances nationless. If you choose a nation you cannot enter the instances.

3)The world instance would be the prize everyone competes for. Boosted exp from 265-300 and Boosted drop rates. LETS FIGHT FOR THE DESAUS!!!

Edited by IKuPAI
Changed fame #2 after talking with aVantage

dsada
I told you my idea.
Buy G12 items for 2k bt, 2k rh, and 1k sc and pk no dead everyday need gc and other ıslands and all player no boring full war