Dirge07

Grievances with item drops.

Dirge07

Right so the new season fixed some of the leveling issues, ( until you hit the magic damage mobs in tainted land and you are stuck again as a melee ) there are still some issues with the drops outside and inside of dungeons which I personally believe should be fixed a bit.

G10 Armors. They should drop or be a quest reward from East lad, not just Rampao and V2. Because to even attempt to tank V2 or Rampao you need a really good G10 armor or just G11 and by that point why would you want a G10.

G11 Gear: Same as G10, you need to get G11 gear, to try tanking the mobs, that drop G11 gear. In V2. Expand the G11 drop tables to include some special coffins in Rampao Floor 2 or make them a daily quest reward.  Im well aware that the G11 weps you buy with medals are Blessing 5 but farming 50 medals is stupid as hell since you start collecting corrupt orbs that give you much better stuff later

Junior Sephs: Honestly just nuke these out of existence once you reach East lad, they neither give any shards when you break an item nor do they actually have a guaranteed chance that the item you upgrade wont break for atleast 1 level. Completely pointless they are even in the east lad droptable alongside  Junior BT's and RH's. And the excuse " its easy money"  is worthless when you come to east lad where Junior BT and RH give you twice the leni from NPC vendors for 1 saved slot.

Karebear island: Just remove junior sephs from Karebear island or increase the gem drops you get from the bears from 1 gem to 2. Since the droptable there is heavily dilluted with Junior Sephs and Junior BT's and RH's you need to clear them out periodically to make room for gems that actually are useful for a low level or new player.

justis2

Or just make:

junior sephiroth gems safe limit lvl ...( hell delete them)

junior red honors safe limit 2

junior blue tears safe limit 3

Edited by justis2

Shadow

Hello!

I'd like to pinpoint some things within your claims:

I'm pretty sure g10's drop  in east lad, even if they didn't, you have areas like color zones or rampao water room that drop em.

When it comes to g11's the areas are few. Even then you can still get armors in water room(unless Ricky removed em from there) and I know that some bosses in east lad drop em. 

When it comes to gems, I would agree about increasing safe limit to 2.  

Good luck :)

Dirge07
3 hours ago, Shadow said:

Hello!

I'd like to pinpoint some things within your claims:

I'm pretty sure g10's drop  in east lad, even if they didn't, you have areas like color zones or rampao water room that drop em.

When it comes to g11's the areas are few. Even then you can still get armors in water room(unless Ricky removed em from there) and I know that some bosses in east lad drop em. 

When it comes to gems, I would agree about increasing safe limit to 2.  

Good luck :)

G10's drop in East lad but only the weaker versions from further testing. Sephiroth gowns/armor dont drop from monsters in East lad which are arguably as good as G11 at that level with the proper enchants. G11's i never saw drop from any boss in East lad, unless you mean the ones in tainted land surrounded by stupid amounts of ranged magic dmg mobs , Water room still drops G11s but the droptable is dilluted asf due to the unneccesary junior gems, im fine with the G12 mat drops in rampao, just not the Junior gems.

IKuPAI

Junior gems are meant to help low level players improve their gear before attempting an island.

I'm finding jr gems to be most useful in plvl zones (even as a lower level).

You get an item with 1 magic stat as a drop, and say... 4x junior gems, go for +5 and use regular seph gems to break it.

That's 5 shards for the price of 1... While exping.

It would be nice if they had a safe level.

G8-10s drop from:

Badflies

Water room

Any monster that drops energy orbs

V1/2

G11s drop from:

Randomly in floor 2 rampao

Anything in v2

V3 delphist monsters

SSC army of the undead part 5 (+5 relative weapon)

North-East lad bosses

Courage medal npc

FL

Karebear island:

I agree with removing junior gems and rebirth gems from this island. Even if it means lowering rh/bt drops.

Dirge07
53 minutes ago, IKuPAI said:

Junior gems are meant to help low level players improve their gear before attempting an island.

I'm finding jr gems to be most useful in plvl zones (even as a lower level).

You get an item with 1 magic stat as a drop, and say... 4x junior gems, go for +5 and use regular seph gems to break it.

That's 5 shards for the price of 1... While exping.

It would be nice if they had a safe level.

G8-10s drop from:

Badflies

Water room

Any monster that drops energy orbs

V1/2

G11s drop from:

Randomly in floor 2 rampao

Anything in v2

V3 delphist monsters

SSC army of the undead part 5 (+5 relative weapon)

North-East lad bosses

Courage medal npc

FL

The problem i have with the item drops isnt their location, its the fact that their acquisition ( specially armor ) is hard as balls to get without atleast +6 blessing armor in the first place.

G11:  to tank some of the mobs in Rampao 2 as a melee, you need to be either completely defense statted from the get go, or you can suck dick because the mobs outdamage you if you make 1 mistake while kiting. V1/V2 Same as before, you can't tank the mobs effectively early on without G11 gear, so a new player that has no idea how to get G11 or is too poor to buy them from a player is shit out of luck.

East lad at certain points can suck a raw dick, the magic damage ranged mobs deal a stupid amount of dmg while still having aggro range from the moment they pop up. Valkyrie and Binah shields reduce their damage by a whopping 400 dmg, that is combined with a maxed out mdef master skill. The best part is that after cliff of despair, suddenly all the fucking melee mobs can not only keep pace with you, they outrun you and have more range than most of the other melee mobs in east lad. Kiting them with a melee is bullshit because you just burn through pots and you always take damage.

North-East lad bosses, i have yet to see one ( and if the red orc boss counts he drops absoultely nothing after killing him 5 times)

I will still maintain that junior sephs are complete garbage because you are able to break items with them before you even get to stat lvl 3 and if you break them with juniors you get no seph shards ( not even 1)

And Kupa, unless the player sold his armor from the lizard quest he is adequately protected for Iah and Shuy.

IKuPAI

There's many things a player can do to improve their rate of opportunity.

For example, you can farm leni and buy tc buffs from player shops for more mdef/defense from 1 hit.

If you don't like that idea there are 10 free 2k and 1k daily hp buffs available.

If those aren't for you, I would consider farming jewlery in silent arena, nasa or any of the color zones.

Being that you did the swamp quest you should find little effort in taking shuy/iah to improve your low level jewlery. Grade 6 and above jewlery are safe to +3. 

G10 5/5 gears can be purchased in vylock being about the same as a +3/4 g11 piece. You can get sleeves and boots. They are safe to 6/6/6/6.

If you are having trouble with drop opportunity i suggest improving your drop rate beyond 100%.

This can be done with jewlery (1% boost per "item drop" level)

Or demonics (5% boost per piece $90/100 hours/1-1.5k tc to obtain)

And the most important is the drop scroll providing double your modified drop rate.

Ex: 140% drop rate becomes 280% with a drop scroll.

I'm making a solo to 240 video series... I'll make sure I include my g11 gear process.

Onionbear

I have to admit I have never used G10 gear, seph armour/gown type g10,  not the lower stuff, unless I farmed with my main for an alt.  I agree, vicious circle.  You can't get the gear until you have good enough gear to survive but by then you don't need it.

The places that are appropriate for your level should drop items appropriate as well.  If I can wear level 10 items at 100 then they should be dropping in east lad.  Why is the stuff that is purple for me at 160 dropping crappy level 9 stuff and not an occasional 11 or gem, and not the blow up going to 2 junior stuff. Hard enough to get gear at that level then to see it poof going to 2!  OMG!