yang1818

some advice or suggestion about the game

yang1818

1.    Improvement of the game experience is crucial. For example, picking up items is way too time consuming. Especially in black room, the overlap of items makes it extreme hard to pick up the items you need. Secondly, potion system needs a change. If there is no ‘third party software’, do you think people can stack skills and potting at the same time non-stop?
2.    About speed hacking, I am no expert, but is there a way to fix the bug to exterminate speed hacking? It has been a serious issue for a long time. Banning account is not a solution.
3.    Attracting new players. As we all know, the number of people who still play this game is not increasing if not decreasing. Certain improvements to make it more friendly to new players are necessary.

Zorpy99
6 hours ago, yang1818 said:

1.    Improvement of the game experience is crucial. For example, picking up items is way too time consuming. Especially in black room, the overlap of items makes it extreme hard to pick up the items you need. Secondly, potion system needs a change. If there is no ‘third party software’, do you think people can stack skills and potting at the same time non-stop?
2.    About speed hacking, I am no expert, but is there a way to fix the bug to exterminate speed hacking? It has been a serious issue for a long time. Banning account is not a solution.
3.    Attracting new players. As we all know, the number of people who still play this game is not increasing if not decreasing. Certain improvements to make it more friendly to new players are necessary.

I kind of agree with everything but the game just period won't be newbie friendly all the vets play seasonal and grind and gear to fast for them to keep up. But my main concern is how it's been 2 years with minimal work on server stability still crit error alot servers randomly stop working or anti virus won' allow you to play or you get account locked and get unknown errors. Then if we bring these issues up the server goes down for a temporary fix and in result we get rolled back and wasted our time farming even tho we waste massive amounts of buffs on pure lack of work being done on keeping the servers running. If you can' fix your servers then atleast lower the prices of all tc buffs instead of milking us for money for your mistakes for over 2 years....

Edited by Zorpy99

IKuPAI

I think this topic has some valuble points

My translation is:

1)improve quality of life

2)fix holes ie: speed hackers/dc crash

3)attract players

I've touched on all these topics before, but i like how you've presented this so i want to showcase a few key points and attempt to rationalize the timeline.

So, when you look at this project theres many key components. Lets imagine each component is a different language/interface and we can just each element a game of it's own.

The first game is the game itself, turf battles.

Over the course of four years our game masters have been working against the crowd while fixing issues everywhere they land.

+Storage dupe fixed

+Pet dupe fixed

+Eonic dupe fixt

+Stackables fixt

+15%>25% fixt

+Gm bar access fixt

+Party tp fixt

+Rock glitch

+Under islands glitch

And much much more...

Then there's the actual gameplay... Let's call it TB

+Gear balance

+Monsters balance

+Drops implimented

+Reforging

+Dungeons

+Instances

+Islands

+Pouching

+Recycle

And tons more... 

Then the third one would be the servers.. lets call that turf

+Database access

+Encryption

+Live translations

+ping

+Multi server switching

+Multiple main servers

+Test server

+High load servers

Then theres the management team... Call these warriors eonic.

+Player management

+Ticket management

+Database/exception handling

+Debugging

+New content

+Player suggestions

+Balance

+Nurf/buff

+Seasonal features

So... Now, for eonic to play all 4 of these games at once they have to juggle primary issues as they can handle them.

For example: in season 1 we saw the release of SSC which put massive strain on server two, and the entire game was affected by missing half the forbidden islands.

The issue was resolved but players weren't happy. For time/resources lost to stability.

Before season 2 they heavily tested server stress and even when the new boss event came the server didn't crash... We all just lagged out. And the server continued calcing damage.

So stability is in the higher priorities but the pressing issue is actually your #3.

Attracting more players is going to fall on the existing audience. As much as we want a banner to come across 10 million desktops and attract new players like mosquitos.... We're going to have to show the world why WE like this game.

Whenever i go out like "yo I'm a moderator for turfbattles.ca" they stop reading hit reply and go "they probably paying him to do this"

>Send>>>>>

So again, I say make videos.

Make pvp videos,

make live upgrade reaction videos,

make 100 hours of X videos,

loot from 1,000 monster video...

Anything silly, anything fun...

Just, please... Use your brain.

Anyways...

There's tons of ways to attract new players and adding advertising onto the list of turfbattles, tb, turf and eonic... Is only going to slow the game's progress.

So go make some videos!

Oh, and this is the season for quality of life! Hopefully gms help us with something about stackables at least :P

Edited by IKuPAI

shockdot
15 hours ago, yang1818 said:

1) Much of the fun PvP aspect has to do with the required interactivity a user has while PvPing. This includes the obvious cutting & comboing, but also includes the fact that you have to be potting as needed (I say as needed because spamming pots is a waste of time... most times). Players have been able to do this since the original Turf Battles, and we are definitely not about to allow users to use automatic potting software, nor would we allow for automatic picking up of items. What you are suggesting is to allow botting, and this will never happen in ANY respectable game.

2) Hacking is a constant fight in any online game. There is no 100% way of fixing hacks. It's as I said, a constant fight. Hacking is not a bug, it's a direct manipulation of the games programmed functionality through the use of 3rd party software. Obviously we have systems to detect hacks, to defend against hacks, etc.. But to say any game is 100% protected is to lie.

3) Actually we've seen an increase in new players this Season. We're always trying to make the game more newbie friendly, so if you have a suggestion. Feel free to voice it, if it sounds good we would implement it.

9 hours ago, Zorpy99 said:

But my main concern is how it's been 2 years with minimal work on server stability still crit error alot.

This is not a server stability issue in any form. This is a client issue, and in some cases a PC issue. As for server stability work, you could not be more wrong and we've proven that with countless system re-works, countless upgrades/optimizations, lag reductions, etc. You need only look at our update history to prove yourself wrong.

servers randomly stop working/you get account locked and get unknown errors. Then if we bring these issues up the server goes down for a temporary fix and in result we get rolled back and wasted our time farming even tho we waste massive amounts of buffs on pure lack of work being done on keeping the servers running. 

The fixes applied aren't "temporary". We also returned any items, levels, or otherwise lost content due to the rollbacks if you opened a ticket. Issues happen, sometimes things that you wouldn't expect to happen. The recent Unknown Errors, lock outs, and rollbacks were the same issue which has since been resolved. As for lost buffs, that is not possible. You just said a rollback happened, meaning you got any buffs you used back. The only situation where you would have lost buffs, is if you purchased them during the rollback period. Even then, you would have the items you purchased them for back... and able to make the trade again.

Again I want to point out, that anyone who opened a ticket was given all the items they claimed back (so long as they were really lost), this includes gems & other items farmed during the rollback period.

If you can' fix your servers then atleast lower the prices of all tc buffs instead of milking us for money for your mistakes for over 2 years....

Like I said, the issue was fixed, but the rollbacks did not even effect buffs or quantity of buffs... Due to the rollback, every single buff you used, was returned. To top that off! If you opened a ticket, we returned your items/exp & did not remove the buffs. So really you got the items, the exp, the levels, and whatever else... AND you got to keep the buffs.