Onionbear

Yellow mage enchanted items

Onionbear

The yellow mage enchanted items are really terrible.  The blessing garment is ok but all the weapons are just bad.  Increase damage to creatures or summons?  Pretty useless.

Just to check it out I enchanted a Heavenly Staff.  The mana recovery 50 is nice but with the requirements to use it are crazy and the damage actually went down after enchanting.

A red mage adds more magic attack by adding to red.  Putting so much in yellow leaves you pretty weak already but then the yellow enchanted weapon leaves you even weaker.  I think it should have a boosted attack to compensate for the amount put in yellow.  Not crazy amounts, it is still a yellow mage but at least to be able to kill mobs.

I am sure nobody really uses it or cares but as it is I am not sure what the point of the yellow enchanting is.

Edited by Onionbear

Dirge07

Personally i think that the staff upgrades instead of buffing damage should just boost the yellow mage's overall survivability, maybe give a speed boost / extra def/mdef or even flat extra mana. Since its a support build for the red mage, it shouldnt be able to deal a lot of damage until the high 200's bracket. Maybe for PvE give it a staff upgrade that increases damage dealt to monsters from all other sources by 20 - 40 %.

IKuPAI

I definitely think something needs to be done with the yellow mage to make it more stand alone. According to the supreme gem Laws, making a 10/9 g11 set is fairly achievable and the only build we could see a self sufficient max yellow/red mage. (Needing too many points in ablaze to attain 1250 yellow)

But getting there at the moment isn't any fun if you try to solo and be a team player on the same character...

I think a simple fix would be

1, just reassess the equipment items. When these were released it was in a hurry to simply make them available. As onionbear said, when an item is enchanted the damage shouldn't be lowered.

Other item stats would be fun also like move speed staff, drop rate staff, leni steal staff(ive seen requests for this many times), stun staff (bms have a low level stun stick), a boosted damage staff for 1 specific class... Maybe 3x of em... A staff for each path at 125. Maybe some tank chest pieces or vambraces...

A full move speed set that's grade 2 paper gear or something.

Fix 2 for the low level yellow mage should allow them to use a higher variety of red wizard skill book spells magic power attributes rather than red. Meaning at 900 yellow you could unlock fire rain, much like red points would unlock the rain at 450 red. Needing 1400 yellow for meteor shower would endusre the yellow mage's commitment and we may not see many red/yellow mages, rather red and yellow.

Fix 3 has been tossed around many times, but i think providing yellow points an ap modifier using fix 2 listed above could scale a yellow mage out to be slightly more potent in certain playstyles, for example yellow meteor shower could be the current damage, while red meteor shower could recieve an ap buff. The yellow burst edge deals more damage than the red burst edge...

Basically if you make a a yellow mage with 1400 yellow almost equivalent to a red mage with 700 red we'll actually see an interest in being that party buffing tank mage in ultima at level 300 while his friends run around in full g12.

Fix number 3 i believe to be most important is, we should be able to have 100% uptime on these buffs. This forces thr opponents to create a similar rendition of not only the character, but the players willingness to play a support class.

Making a viable solo support character that beefs all their allies will provide that interest.

This could make for an epic paper build on ghost castle... And could really pave the way for an even deadlier black mage pure and a more effective pure white mage aswell.

IKuPAI

I don't mean to write an essay, but speaking of White mages... fix 2 for the yellow mage would be a perfect way to test out what effects this could have with the white mage...

Don't change anything else about the white mage

just make ice driver cost 1400 white points to unlock and give 1/3 of the ap blue gives.

And lets see what happens :)

They will only have eonic weapons and possibly fabula sticks... And thry won't be wearing much g12s either... Unless they do something like the 165 nado bbm.

This is why we can't change nado... The game fits this cram a million builds into 1 tier style. It's up to us to harness the availability.

Dirge07
On 23. 1. 2018 at 10:06 AM, IKuPAI said:

I don't mean to write an essay, but speaking of White mages... fix 2 for the yellow mage would be a perfect way to test out what effects this could have with the white mage...

Don't change anything else about the white mage

just make ice driver cost 1400 white points to unlock and give 1/3 of the ap blue gives.

And lets see what happens :)

They will only have eonic weapons and possibly fabula sticks... And thry won't be wearing much g12s either... Unless they do something like the 165 nado bbm.

This is why we can't change nado... The game fits this cram a million builds into 1 tier style. It's up to us to harness the availability.

White mages need either a complete overhaul or just removed and their buffs added to black mage. Giving them ice driver is also retarded as its the best damage dealing ability you get on blue mage and it wont do anything if you only get 1/3rd of the ap you get from blue. Might aswell give white mage a special magic attack unlocked at 700 white that is mostly CC leave damage dealing to the damage dealing builds not the support builds.

IKuPAI
On 1/24/2018 at 4:16 AM, Dirge07 said:

White mages need either a complete overhaul or just removed and their buffs added to black mage. Giving them ice driver is also retarded as its the best damage dealing ability you get on blue mage and it wont do anything if you only get 1/3rd of the ap you get from blue. Might aswell give white mage a special magic attack unlocked at 700 white that is mostly CC leave damage dealing to the damage dealing builds not the support builds.

Well, i think retarded is a little rage enduced, but yeah giving white mages driver seems like it'll completely break the class, but we can get a white mage driver nurf in pvp, we can half the original dmage of driver... Hell, I'm already asking the requirements to be 1400 white...

So, blue mage with 1400 blue does how much dmg with driver??

And a white mage with 1400 white driver would do HALF the damage of a BM with a 700 driver...

AND white points could give 1/4 of the AP as blue points...

We're looking at a driver doing 1/8th the damage on a white mage as a blue mage...

We just need them to be viable... Not broken.

Onionbear

I added additional stats to my yellow enchanted staff and noticed it got defense on it.  Did not get defense against magic but I am guessing that is an option as well.  That part is kinda cool having def/dam on a staff.  Plays into the support character idea.

Still don't like the lowered attack.