IKuPAI

Nation war chief and king of the server

IKuPAI

I thought it would be fun to think about handing out more admin rights to players!

See it this way, players want active mods... How do you see activity better than with a voting system?

So 2 ideas let's start with king of the server!

In older versions the king of lad castle got to decide the tax rate on ladianes potion merchants. The owners of lad castle took 100% of the taxed gain.

Not in this version.

So, the king would be elected every 2 weeks by anonymous votes from all characters on the server. This could be skewed but could make subscribers only can vote. So it doesn't go too crazy.

Anyways, when elected king the king of the server would get a white cape and a color chat much like the moderators have.

His new admin powers:

He can change tax rate for the entire servers' potion merchants by 100% and provide a 20‰ discount.

He can spawn the boss event with 5 tribe leaders registered for it and 100 million leni

He can initiate a nation wipe which is voted on for 3 days by both nation subscribers.

He can spawn 1 hp non aggressive monsters in ladianes to prove small drops for new players like masters books, quest items, teleport scrolls, 10% exp scrolls for the cost of 100 million leni (donated to a vault)

And for the nation warleaders;

The same democratic core votes would be held and nation respective subscriber could vote. 

Your nation war leaders also have some new privelages: 

New coloured nation chat in public:

KuPA[Newbie-Veros]: this would be orange and lad would be blue.

Can initiate a battle for frozenland 1 hour early if 5 tribe leaders queue up from their own nation.

Can change the price of nation relative merchant tax (yuba gets taxed by lad, bibi gets taxed by veros)

Can spawn hau if 5 tribe leaders from their own nation queue up and donate 1 Billion lenis

Can turn on hard mode v3 on S1 if 5 tribe leaders from their own nation queue for the mode.(hard mode would be 2x dmg 2x spawn timer 100% drop boost 100% exp boost nation enabled pvp.) You spend 1 Billion leni to activate this. All monsters respawn, all nationless are kicked. This lasts for 1 hour and your 5 leaders and 1 war leader get 1 life. If your leaders are killed they cannot return until it ends. Hard mode ends when the 5 tribe leaders and war leader are wiped or the hour elapses. If the hosting nation gets wiped, the invaders inherit the remainder of leni from the 60 minute spawn timer as a lump sum tax for their nation's vault.

I thought it would be fun for everyone to kinda just assign the players some more responsive social mechanics. You wouldn't vote a complete jerk as your warleader, let alone king of the server...

It would almost be like a full circle for admin status... The war leaders and king would uphold the community and report information to the moderators. Moderators could take care of the paperwork.

And game masters can continue creating :DDDD

Edited by IKuPAI

IKuPAI

Oh, the chat effects are permanent until you lose that status. Any player should know you lead veros or are king of the server when you speak. (They may have questions)

kekelordz

So let me understand this correctly, a player having a lot of influence ingame through hard work is bad ( my example ). But a popularity contest for GM powers is good? ....what

IKuPAI
9 hours ago, kekelordz said:

So let me understand this correctly, a player having a lot of influence ingame through hard work is bad ( my example ). But a popularity contest for GM powers is good? ....what

You're stuck in this troll mode...

Step outside yourself for a minute...

This game needs to attract more players.

What better way to do that than to allow actives to eleCt the most active players or righteous players to handle events. The way i designed the suggestion influences players to donate leni for events, or the nation leaders can pay for it themselves.

I've seen this type of heiarchy in other mmos. Thw campaign really has a lot of impact on the players, and the usefulness of having a public figure just doesn't ware down.

The difference keke... You rule the game by fear and absolute Domination... You close every possibility to your opponents so they CAN NOT PROGRESS.

This suggestion would OPEN UP MORE possibilities ao EVERYONE in all level brackets has better opportunities to progress.

Also, it allows for activity to be highlighted and rewarded. 2 week perioda between elections will have the community on their toes!

Kanoran

I get what your trying to do here but the fact is I do not see how it'l work I agree boss events barely spawn as is and it would get the community to work together but the last community vote we had look what happened.

IKuPAI
1 hour ago, Kanoran said:

I get what your trying to do here but the fact is I do not see how it'l work I agree boss events barely spawn as is and it would get the community to work together but the last community vote we had look what happened.

What do you mean?

If you're trying to direct that comment at seasonal, I can see seasonal doing great things for the game. Triumphus is even beginning to establish a closed beta sized community. I'm sure every season triumphus will continue to grow.

IKuPAI

Maybe i should outline the effects i think this will have.

the king of the server

Having the ability to spawn events for many different tiers of players will allow even the newest players to quickly be voted king. We could potentially have a level 90 king.

Certain status in the community will influence players to elect a king that will benefit each individual.

A king who is much desired for quality of life and population, say "the people's champion" ; would likely provide a 20% merchant discount for his entire 2 weeks as king. And run lad spawns and boss events often, likely hosting them on stream to attract new players to the lad spawn events.

While a king who is elected by fame and activity (a streamer/pker) would likely be hosting v3 hard mode all day all night while maxing tax rates at 100% for pure profit. And likely won't be elected next vote.

the nation leaders

these players will likely be the strongest players in the game, the most knowledge and strategic.

In hyperengines turf battles we had a group of leaders at the end who came together to make a well rounded nation. 

We had leaders from many tribes, but the strongest tribe had the strongest leader. He was the big bad bully up until his competition caught up to him.

Then he formulated an alliance with the top major tribes and we saw many 40 vs 40 fights.

This is the type of people you would likely elect as your nations warleader. This way, if an event was created by the war leader he would have a high success rate of winning. The main objective would be to open v3 hardmode while the other leader is offline.

There would be vaults for the leaders to maintain and players can donate to. Possibility nation exp buffs and such. This way as the nation funds increase from donations and successful v3 hardmode invasions; the nation leader can provide his own nation with boosts for being the strongest nation. Or players can donate personal funds in trust that their nation leader will use it to host a nation event.

how the king and war leaders interact together

There will be a fun situation having 1 king and 2 nations to oversee.

The king will want to retain their position for as many terms as possible, but he will also have to pay attention to how the nation events are going.

If ladianes majority elected the king, but he goes veros with his friends... The king will then have to take this into account when adjusting rax rates. If your opponent's are poor, and they got you elected you had better give them the means to supply themselves for war.