IKuPAI

Welcome; and tribute to turf battles

IKuPAI

Hello everyone! 

.....and let me be the first to welcome you to turf battles!

First I wanted to show you an introduction clip of the most satisfying peak of a player's potential.... PvP

Turf battles is a nostalgic origins MMORPG. I started playing turf battles in 2004.

The video above is from that era of gameplay... 

Little did I know, the korean version had been around since 1994 and we had only just a small sample of the game they were playing!

When Turf battles died many of us signed a petition for turf battles to be resurrected. We had a pretty solid offer from aeria games as the publisher for our glorious game.

Just as they promised, turf battles was BIGGER AND BETTER THAN EVER!!

For it's time...

As they are a huge publishing company the game simply couldn't keep up with the resource costs... And it died once again.

In the mean while many other inferior "private server" type versions of this game were released and the rumors of corrupt Game Masters were at an all time high!

Until the day I found Eonic Games turf battles doing indiegogo campaigns... Two of our Big name players from the first taste of the game made a stand... They would not lose this game again and this is what they did:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/turf-battles-triumphus-project-pre-beta-campaign#/

To everyone's surprise... There was hope yet again! I almost instantly purchased closed beta access and found that this was exactly the game i had remembered... With many many upgrades! (I've made memes about them)

Not long after i soloed the closed beta to mid game i noticed the biggest complaints amongst players was our population! Somehow we gave Eonic Games the confidence to understand their game was ready, and they went public!

Two years ago Eonic Games brought turf battles out of retirement! And the triumphus server was born!

Many players showed up to the first few months of the new game and we had plenty of competition and needless to say, fun!

Season 0 (open beta release) allowed all of us oldschool veterans to adjust our skills and shake the rust off! Including the game masters... During this phase we saw "flavor of the month" as the most common chat phrase due to class balancing and nurfs.

This was the old game we remembered in it's purest form... But that game died. Things had to change... 

Somewhere we convinced eonic games yet again, to release the game at level 1... A popular strategy for certain games we started doing 3-4 month seasonals... Which are followed by tournament invitationals for those who qualified.

Other categories were assigned with prizes aswell and respectively given to some big name legends who proved they have what it takes!

Season 1 came around and we saw many quality of life updates we've been dreaming about and discussing for years!

The above videos are showcasing the newly much needed 120-160 instance and the bottom video showcasing 32 end game upgrades (both in season 1). The upgrades shown in the video do not break your gear like all of our other upgrades!

Season 1 had so much work for the game masters some updates were put off Until season 2:

Season 2 brought about a full circle of game content for levels 1-200 and dipping it's toes into level 200-240... Possibly 280.

This recent season has been manufacturing legend after legend...

However, where there is a winner, there is always a loser... 

Season 2 is nearing it's end and we have very few winners left... Losing to each other every day!

As season 3 approaches I'm starting my seasonal recruitment drive. This is hands down the best game I've ever played and it's not going anywhere anytime soon!

So what I'm here to say is many of us have created resouces to help new players become winners! No longer do you have to ask players for knowledge, some of us are just giving it out!

Oh, but do not hesitate to ask!

For anyone interested Eonic games has a official discord now: https://discordapp.com/invite/aM4UWtr

And my own fansite: turfbattles knowledge base

http://www.tbkb.info

Good luck http://www.tbkb.info/season-2-route.html

1-40

40-120

120-149

149-200

Edited by IKuPAI