IKuPAI

End game FEEDBACK

IKuPAI

So I've been struggling with end game on this game for over 2 years...

Season 2 is GREAT for end game... What's the problem then?

V3 HURTS...

As a regular player you'll find that if you go 201+ it's because you want stronger gear and level difference so you can start winning island battles... The capped pvp is really hard to compete in (160/200); likely because an experienced player can achieve level 200 within 10 hours.

However, at level 300 some main resources are in non-pvp zones at TERRIBLE DROP RATES...

30 sc/hr in v3 (tanking till your brains ooze out your ears)

Or 40 sc/hr in ghost castle (if you spend the first 3 hours there before anyone else, you're going ro have an insane advantage)

So what I've noticed is that paloceras in V1 drop sephiroth cloth, iron, titanium, dilluted chemicals etc... Meaning a lost level 130 can farm the same seph cloths as a grinding level 200 preparing for 201+...

While in V2 you can get dilluted chemicals, nickel/copper, spiritual and elemental energy...

We used to have seph cloth in v2...

So here's my suggestions:

Leveling up:

Stop with the level caps at 200+... If i want to grind megalopas in tainted land for exp till 300, please let me... Yes, it will take forever... But I'd love to see my exp bar keep moving.

Same for V1/v2 eggs... I powerlevel a lot... If v2 stayed purple till 250, and went yellow until 280 many more players would be willing to powerlevel... 

( I have to mention that exp would scale with levels... So itll be like 10 hours of v2 eggs per level at 260...)

G12 prep:

As for g12s, imo we have seph cloth and such in v1... We should get it in v2 also.. maybe only mages drop it? Megalopas are a bit easy/useful to have seph cloths on their drop table...

Also, v1 paloceras should have a smaller respawn timer and smaller drop rate so we can farm v1 much like we farm v2... Mindlessly for hours... Rn u have to hop all 3 servers to farm 18 paloceras... Maybe 5-10 cloths an hour?

Also, v2 used to have paloceras in hyperengines turf battles... The high levels kited megalopas and paloceras in v2 lobby until rock island and frozenland were released (did you know: frozenland was a random GM hosted pvp event at first!)

(Another did you know: before v1 egg parties we killed stone golems in the caverns for exp... 125-140 was almost as bad as 120-125 in Death room;water room!)

Another g12 mention: stone golems could have like 5% drop rate on stone fists without ruining things... Same goes for all g12 class ingredients... Astray archers.... Etc. Let 125-140 farm g12s while exping :D give em a reason to KILL EVERYTHING! (that would help noobs get through v1/v2... Providing incentive to kill everything)

Yep...

Lets just smooth everything out for end game...

Feels pretty jagged.

Edited by IKuPAI

kekelordz
3 hours ago, IKuPAI said:

V3 HURTS...

V3 has been significantly nerfed and is a walk in the park now. if you are struggling to kill mobs there either being somebody to help you survive, or level up your guardian protection for example, since its not really acceptable to not have it lv10 at lv264.

However, at level 300 some main resources are in non-pvp zones at TERRIBLE DROP RATES...

Wrong.

30 sc/hr in v3 (tanking till your brains ooze out your ears)

You can easily obtain 60 seph cloth per hour if you farm the dungeon properly. I'm open to showing you a route that allows that. 1 seph cloth per minute is easily achievable in V3. 

Or 40 sc/hr in ghost castle (if you spend the first 3 hours there before anyone else, you're going ro have an insane advantage)

You are saying getting 10 more seph cloth per hour ( one item) in a competitive zone where you are at risk of invaders at any moment, will give you a insane advantage. Please stay realistic.

So what I've noticed is that paloceras in V1 drop sephiroth cloth, iron, titanium, dilluted chemicals etc... Meaning a lost level 130 can farm the same seph cloths as a grinding level 200 preparing for 201+...

Those barely drop a realistic amount of materials per hour spent there.

While in V2 you can get dilluted chemicals, nickel/copper, spiritual and elemental energy...

V2 Does not drop Elemental Energy , nor does it drop Diluted Chemicals. If you are going to complain about every element of the game, atleast check your facts. V2 Drops a decent amount of Copper Nickel, relative to the difficulty of the map.

Stop with the level caps at 200+... If i want to grind megalopas in tainted land for exp till 300, please let me... Yes, it will take forever... But I'd love to see my exp bar keep moving.

There is barely any level "caps" or "brackets" past 200. Every level is slightly more difficult than the one before it. You can level up in V3 up to 280 in a matter of a few days(doing boss runs a few hours a day), or even in 1-2 days for 200-270~ 

Same for V1/v2 eggs... I powerlevel a lot... If v2 stayed purple till 250, and went yellow until 280 many more players would be willing to powerlevel... 

Sorry but, are you really expecting to get expirience in a level 140~ zone up to 250-280? I truly hope thats a joke.

Another g12 mention: stone golems could have like 5% drop rate on stone fists without ruining things... Same goes for all g12 class ingredients... Astray archers.... Etc. Let 125-140 farm g12s while exping

Those mobs are mostly to increase the difficulty of the map, not to provide free G12 materials for level 125-140?? G12 is 201+. Let me say it again, 201+. not 125.

I've given you atleast a dozen solutions ingame how to progress, but you keep seeing them as issues and so on. Sorry but I'm just about to give up on attempting to help you as a player.

IKuPAI

V2 does drop everything i listed including dilluted chemicals. I've gotten then from soulless witches in megalopa rooms.

I'm not asking for a level 140 zone to be good exp till 280... I'm saying that in the old days we used to exp till 270 WITHOUT EGGS ... IN V2. Yet here we get 0 exp.

You honestly can get these points across without being arrogant... Idk why you insist on being a jerk.

And yes, v3 vs gc has a huge difference considering 1 spot can be farmed endlessly without potions, in drop (no defense jewlery), where the other requires zipped potions or multiple trips per server.

I'm trying to take advice, but gp isn't nearly as important as the g12 gears..  hence where the gems for masters went...

Also, what is +200 flat damage reduction going to do when they hit 5ks???

Can you stay off my thread or change your attitude please.

Onionbear

Well I am obviously doing V3 wrong then because I get about 10% per hour.  Of course I cannot just run through everything as I get owned and I cannot just run in and tank the boss as I either get owned or guzzle a third of my pots to survive.  I have to kill stuff on my way,  Lure the boss guardians and then kill the boss.

This also includes the time to go repot and run all the way back a couple times as it is far from a walk in the park for me, a level 260 blade in an 8/7 set.

Yes, Nickel copper and seph cloth are a real pain.  That is why they sell for so much.  Upping the drop rate a bit would be nice but the issue is how many it takes.  Maybe reducing the amount needed instead.

Also, the grind to 300 is not a "Just level to 280 in a couple days" thing unless you have 16 hours a day and endless tc buffs to spend. I have been playing this game for years, since HE, and have never made a 300 character.  280 is the highest I ever made it before going numb with boredom.  I am glad it is so easy for some but for many more it is a painful, long, unsatisfying grind.

I think the point is that everything should give some experience regardless of level.  A small amount for sure but still something.  So you could, given enough time, still level by killing V2 eggs or east lad megalops.  Arguing the other way it is nice to be able to farm at level 200 or 160 without worrying about levelling to 201 or 161 or spending 10mil to level lock.

East lad has definitely spoiled us.  The XP is great and you always feel like you are making progress.  I think end game just needs to be broken up to add that same feeling.  Everyone was pretty happy to see V3 added.  There really should be a V4.  Let 200-260 have V3 and make V4 for 260-300.

kekelordz
3 hours ago, Onionbear said:

This also includes the time to go repot and run all the way back a couple times as it is far from a walk in the park for me, a level 260 blade in an 8/7 set.

How is this possible. Why don't you get a G12 set? ...lv260... or is getting 8 copper 8 nickel per vamb, 16 16 per helm boots, and 32 32 for a very powerful shiled, too much?

Onionbear

Oh I am working on it.  It takes time.

I am not able to get crafting up with normal farming so have to dedicate time to resources.  That takes time.

I am also working on better than 6/5 jewelry, that takes time.

I have no gems and can never get rue so I farm east lad and swamp.  That takes time.

I am trying to level as well and there is no FL so I go to V3.  That takes time.

I get stuck in V2 just for nickel and copper that takes time.

I do not have an endless supply of TC to just buy everything I need.  I need to farm it.

I have a job and a life with only a couple hours a day to play.  It is not a walk in the park.  It takes time.

Edited by Onionbear

IKuPAI
On 2/6/2018 at 11:54 PM, Onionbear said:

Well I am obviously doing V3 wrong then because I get about 10% per hour.  Of course I cannot just run through everything as I get owned and I cannot just run in and tank the boss as I either get owned or guzzle a third of my pots to survive.  I have to kill stuff on my way,  Lure the boss guardians and then kill the boss.

Yes, Nickel copper and seph cloth are a real pain.  That is why they sell for so much.  Upping the drop rate a bit would be nice but the issue is how many it takes.  Maybe reducing the amount needed instead.

Also, the grind to 300 is not a "Just level to 280 in a couple days" thing unless you have 16 hours a day and endless tc buffs to spend. I have been playing this game for years, since HE, and have never made a 300 character.  280 is the highest I ever made it before going numb with boredom.  I am glad it is so easy for some but for many more it is a painful, long, unsatisfying grind.

I think the point is that everything should give some experience regardless of level.  A small amount for sure but still something.  So you could, given enough time, still level by killing V2 eggs or east lad megalops.  Arguing the other way it is nice to be able to farm at level 200 or 160 without worrying about levelling to 201 or 161 or spending 10mil to level lock.

East lad has definitely spoiled us.  The XP is great and you always feel like you are making progress.  I think end game just needs to be broken up to add that same feeling.  Everyone was pretty happy to see V3 added.  There really should be a V4.  Let 200-260 have V3 and make V4 for 260-300.

Yeaaaaa booooooiiyyyy!

See, onionbear is on the same page as me...

Not once have i been able to achieve 300 in my 14 years of playing...

The politics of frozenland extend far beyond just getting a party...

And yea onionbear, you nailed it... V2 eggs and east lad don't need to be good exp... Or even decent exp... Just something at the end of farming for 50 hours to be like "well, 10% closer to level 269"

kekelordz
23 hours ago, Onionbear said:

I am not able to get crafting up with normal farming so have to dedicate time to resources.  That takes time.

Its a team effort, not a solo job. Also there is plenty of people willing to craft for others.  That takes no time.

I have no gems and can never get rue so I farm east lad and swamp.  That takes time.

Swamp is just as fast as Rue.  So that takes no time.  East Ladi provides the same amount of SC Pouches per hour as Rue does.

I am trying to level as well and there is no FL so I go to V3.  That takes time.

V3 is faster exp than FL, unless you can do a 20min FL run WITH a V3 run between FL run cooldowns.  So again, V3 is faster than FL on average up to 276.

I get stuck in V2 just for nickel and copper that takes time.

V2 Drops more nickel and copper than GC does. And you can get enough Nickel copper for a whole G12 set 10/10 in a matter of hours.

I do not have an endless supply of TC to just buy everything I need.  I need to farm it.

If that was aimed towards me, I farm all my TC, I'm sorry for understanding the market and hourly payouts for zones farmed.

I have a job and a life with only a couple hours a day to play.  It is not a walk in the park.  It takes time.

"couple hours" is enough to make a G12 set in a single day. You are running around at lv260 in a +7 set after two months of "couple hours a day". 

Its not the zones you farm that are bad, its most likely you not being very efficient at doing it. Stop seeing everything in the game as a problem, but try optimizing your so valuble "Time". For 4hours you spend ingame, I'm sure a productive and efficent farmer spends maybe 1hour to obtain all the resources at same zones.

IKuPAI

@Onionbear... U know @kekelordz means well...

But i gotta side with onionbear keke...

I get that it feels really balanced for you, but for normal players... We can't even see the results...

IF swamp is as good as rue, i would like to request a video proving such...

If East lad is as good as rue, again... Please show the world that it is comparible!

I can go grind swamp and east lad for hours and hours... But I'm only ever getting 1, almost 2 SC pouch per hour... People try to tell me its between 2-5 pouches!

We're missing a lot of videos and experience guides...

Help us fill the gaps. Lets document all this stuff

1) to prove points

2) to properly calibrate methods

Onionbear
2 hours ago, kekelordz said:

Stop seeing everything in the game as a problem

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.

I appreciate your feedback on how you are experiencing the game as it is good to know all perspectives and I am just providing my perspective and what I experience.

I don't have a good set of drop jewelry to get the amount of resources some do (on my todo list as well) but I like the fact that I have those options to get the resources. My point is just that it is not a quick thing or just a couple hours for me when there are several competing priorities.  I work through them at the pace I can with the time I have.  I experience the game as a majority of the population does and as a new player would to provide feedback of what a lot of players will experience.  If I am doing it wrong after years of playing imagine what a new player will go through.

@kekelordz  The endless supply of TC comment was not directed at you. There are several players that have the ability to buy what they need instead of having to farm it.  My point was only that I cannot.  I have to farm the resources I need. (please no lectures on how I am so bad at that too and should be able to make $$TC per day)