kekelordz

Physical Defense

kekelordz

Hi,

Its painfully obvious G12 gear is too high Pdef. Also as obvious as Oread and Whitemage buffs are too powerful. It took me a while actually, but the three issues in the game right now, are all the same issue. Plus "5%" pdef buffs.  +50 Gain of relative defense.   Oread, WM Pdef & G12 4Set Effect.   

a 14/14 G12 set is equal to +9, true. The pieces have same defense and mdef.  But everyone forgetting that free 50 defense. 

In my opinion, 4Set effect 50 pdef should be removed and something else should be added, maybe unique to every class? Idk. G12 Bow Debuff nerfed slightly, maybe down to 12.5% defense debuff, or 10%, to compensate for lower defense all across the board.

These +50 Defense buffs/Skills/Bonuses should be reworked to something else honestly. 

IKuPAI

I can see your application of the 5% to all 3 factors here but archer and white mage survive on these skills...

Maybe if we nurfed archers defense to like 3% and a white mage's scroll to 2.5% and 100% uptime it would solve the issue.

Of course doing something to g12 4piece bonus...

More hp

Drop boost

Dodge rate

Crit bonus

Do a crazy hp regen xD 9001 hp/s

xD options are limitless...

kekelordz

Or simply change 4set down to 10 def and 10mdef bonus  instead of a ridiculous 50 defense.  Problem solved pretty much, then the only issues that remain is oread and white mage which require reverse scaling.

Onionbear

I think the gears base defense should be the one nerfed, not the skills or bonuses. This would solve several issues.

I have shown before that the gains from +6 or +7 to +8 are quite high.  I do not have a +9 set to get the data from but I am sure it is a significant gain. Right now a 9/8 set easily mops the floor with anyone, or even a party, in an 8/7 or lower sets.  There has been complaining that a 10/9 set is also unfair as it does the same to 9/8 sets.  This huge difference in the gear makes the game really not fun for most people that do not and probably never will have these crazy sets.  Forget about new players who get turned off quickly as they get one hit everywhere they go.  This lack of competition is why a lot of players quit.  Not worth the time or money to try to make the 10/9 set you need to be competitive these days.  People with the crazy sets get bored just one hitting everyone with very little real competition or extensive battles.

If the base defense had much lower gains making the gear closer matched then more players could participate in PVP instead of being fodder.  This would make these battles based more on skill and working together rather than just who farmed the longest or has the most money.  Also, the lowered pdef/mdef would not already be through the roof so the buffs and bonuses would be less of an issue (It was mention in another thread that these buffs are most noticeable with an already high base defense).  Also, 10/9 sets would be less of a concern if they were only moderately better.  

Lowering the base defense on the gear and the gains per level would solve several issues and help the game be more enjoyable to a wider audience.

kekelordz

Right Onion, then everyone ends up having max 600 pdef, and ranged classes are onehitting everyone again :D

Onionbear

The gains from each level would be less, that includes weapons.

darkarrow123
On 3/4/2018 at 0:01 PM, Onionbear said:

I think the gears base defense should be the one nerfed, not the skills or bonuses. This would solve several issues.

I have shown before that the gains from +6 or +7 to +8 are quite high.  I do not have a +9 set to get the data from but I am sure it is a significant gain. Right now a 9/8 set easily mops the floor with anyone, or even a party, in an 8/7 or lower sets.  There has been complaining that a 10/9 set is also unfair as it does the same to 9/8 sets.  This huge difference in the gear makes the game really not fun for most people that do not and probably never will have these crazy sets.  Forget about new players who get turned off quickly as they get one hit everywhere they go.  This lack of competition is why a lot of players quit.  Not worth the time or money to try to make the 10/9 set you need to be competitive these days.  People with the crazy sets get bored just one hitting everyone with very little real competition or extensive battles.

If the base defense had much lower gains making the gear closer matched then more players could participate in PVP instead of being fodder.  This would make these battles based more on skill and working together rather than just who farmed the longest or has the most money.  Also, the lowered pdef/mdef would not already be through the roof so the buffs and bonuses would be less of an issue (It was mention in another thread that these buffs are most noticeable with an already high base defense).  Also, 10/9 sets would be less of a concern if they were only moderately better.  

Lowering the base defense on the gear and the gains per level would solve several issues and help the game be more enjoyable to a wider audience.

+1