lovemassownage

New Engine Needed!

lovemassownage

I understand that you guys have done alot of work already in the current engine, and it would basically call for remaking the game again, but the buggy engine is barely compatible with today's computers, and the crashes seems unfixable, clipping errors seem to run rampant. At the very least the current engine needs to be upgraded to more current code and i know ether way it would be alot of work, but with a new engine it would make work alot easier in the long run, and i know a quick fix engines would be probably Unreal, unity, or even the source engine, etc.(alot others as well)l, and they would give you a much easier time in the long run and i would still play and support if i see you guys are working on a new version of the game, not saying your not trying to save game, but the current engine seems to be giving u guys so much trouble. Like that im not saying change over night im just saying it seems to be the main thing holding game back seems to be the current engine. Also when you guys finally get people to make remake the models I kind doubt the current engine could handle objects with more detail. And I know you guys are a small team but that is the exact reason why you need to upgrade or get a new engine for the game so you can have a more stream line experienced and if you go with a different engine you can always modify these engine down the line into your own. I do believe most of the community would support a new engine. more work now, less work later.

Disclaimer: I love this game i just want it to succeed I do believe in the current team and this is not an attack on them or their work this is only from a technical view

IKuPAI

Hello @lovemassownage,

I'm a heavily seasoned player with some education in the computer software engineering field and I wanted to provide my insight aswell.

Turf battles in a new engine will be glorious!

that being said, Turf battles is a nostalgic origins game. This being given for not only our timeless ingame content but Also for our countless gameplay slips and bugs.

Are these annoying? Yes, from time to time. Buy much like any software you use in any business work, you'll find for every error there is either a fix or a work around. And we love this game more than enough to work around while it gets ironed out. The bugs and glitches we used to know involved full inventories of TC and 10/10 g11 sets, and full triumphus on shuy, and level 300s pking iah... The bugs you refer to today are minor texture renders in dungeons and monsters falling through the floor/spawning in the walls/ceiling, a teleport crystal to be released from a hole in the ground...

I agree, these are all coding issues and my solution is; it can be fixed.

in turf battles' current state it can run forever on a cycle of seasons... With minimal attention you'll still see new features and updates and fixes every season. However, this game is almost ready for eonic to move onto their NEXT GAME.

While the bugs and errors are causing inconvenience to players, our game masters and engineers are working hard to keep up with many demands from the community, servers and code related issues.

If the resources were spent rebuilding turf battles in a new engine certain things can be mimicked, but it will never be this game... The nostalgia of turf battles doesn't lie in the graphics, or the gameplay, or the RNG that makes it what it is... but all things put together makes turf battles the nostalgic origins game the die hard fans have come to know and love.

TLDR;

I'm sure we'll see a "turf battles 2". But remaking turf battles isn't something many of us desire. Progress, sure... Change, not really.