IKuPAI

Recording and editing Turf Battles videos

IKuPAI

Hello everyone,

I've recently noticed our youtubers having issues with brightness when recording turf battles.

2 things, 

First; when you open turf battles in full screen the brightness automatically increases. This may not be true for all clients, but I've noticed this issue.

Second; theres 2... Simple solutions.

1) don't try so hard. You don't have to be in full screen to capture turf battles' maximum resolution, you just need turf battles to be maximum resolution so it can be captured.

Simply put, windowed mode will get the same effect with less hastle.

2) if you find yourself having this issue and you just can't resist playing full screen mode on EXCELLENT GAMES, there's always brightness settings in your options page and hotkeys for brightness around f7/8 but you can see actual hotkey brindings in game by pushing f1..... *Bug breath* I'm sure you know.

This being said, if you are having trouble beyond that recording i suggest 3 programs... And windows 10 gamebar.

1) windows 10 users only:

You have access to the game bar which will automatically detect the game you are playing and record. You can access this by pressing Windows key + g. Experiment a bit before trying to record the next legends never die video! It's a little strange because tb registers your clicks through the gamebar interface.

By far my favorite recording software so far: windows 10 gamebar.

2) if you need an alternative to number 1 you'll want to look into xSplit!

https://www.xsplit.com

This is both broadcasting and recording software. It's easily manipulated and user friendly and a "plug and play" type of setup. Again, very simple to use and you can do all kinds of neat-o hud and graphics overlays on this software. If you're looking to stream I'd rank this as #1. If you want to record, again this comes in second.

3)for video editing i have been using the trial version (3 days all access) of this fine piece of software! https://www.apowersoft.com/video-editor

After 3 days editing with this contraption you'll make a decision for yourself... For me, I'm still on the fence but this is so far the best free no watermark editor I've found.

4)now if you end up recording something into a strange format like .flv you may find restitution using the vlc movie player

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

If this application will watch your clip you can push shift+r to record a portion of it. Thus converting it to .mp4 format for editing or instant upload.

Be careful recording less than 10 second clips, or recording beyond the duration of a video. These both seem to corrupt the clips.

Good luck! And feel free to post thoughts, comments, additions below!

Edited by IKuPAI

ShakeyGraves

Why not use OBS? It's free and there isn't anything better.

IKuPAI
On 3/7/2018 at 1:45 PM, ShakeyGraves said:

Why not use OBS? It's free and there isn't anything better.

Obs is a fine option but i only ran into issues configuring it... As mentioned above, xsplit is fairly plug and play. You can select window regions and resize canvas' and add overlays with ease... With obs you'll spend 20+ minutes watching and following step by step tutorials to set it up.

Personal preference of course, but OBS didn't leave a good enough impression for me to mention it.

ShakeyGraves

I can respect that. but, OBS is pretty simple after your first time setup. Plug and play can be good. but, overall, OBS just beats everything else. one reason why almost no one on twitch.tv or youtube.com or even facebook uses xsplit.

IKuPAI

If you have any reference breakdowns or recommended guides that will definately help the players!

I'm not here to be right and point out who's wrong, we need a Major library of assets for people to utilize! Feel free to share more insight!