shockdot

Moderator Applications

shockdot

We are now accepting applications for volunteer Turf Battles Moderators. 

What is a Moderator?

A Moderator is a user that helps manage players in game. They accomplish this through one of three methods:

• Answering questions from new and old players, when they can. Both on the Forums & In-Game. (Basically be helpful)
  • Remind users who may be breaking the Terms of Service & or general rules that they are not allowed to do what they are doing.
  • In cases where users are being unruly in chat they are given the ability to mute users for up to 24 hours (which can increase or decrease, pending a GM investigation).

Who can be a Moderator?

We're allowing anyone and everyone to apply for a moderator position. However, only those have demonstrated that they are: kind, knowledgeable, active, respectful of the rules & other players, and have either not received infractions (mutes or bans) to their accounts or have managed to redeem themselves will be accepted. Please note that community opinion on applicants is also taken into consideration when we choose moderators.

How do I apply?

Please post here in the following format:

Time playing Turf Battles:

Why I want to be a Moderator:

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator:

Please also be aware, that all applicants are required to submit to us 2 pieces of government issued photo identification & a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), providing their applications are accepted.

I don't want to be a Moderator, but I want someone else to be.... What can I do?

Well, first you must get them to apply themselves. Following that you are free to voice your thoughts on the person as a whole and how you think they would be as a Turf Battles Moderator.

How many Moderators will be picked?

We will be picking moderators based on their applications, past experiences, & player feedback. That being said, we are not setting a minimum or maximum limit on how many we will pick out of this application phase.

When will Moderators be chosen?

We're giving users 2-3 weeks to make their applications. Just because you haven't been chosen as a Moderator yet, it doesn't mean you shouldn't try to act like one... Be nice to others, helpful, and above all else... Be a good person.

Do Moderators receive special perks?

In a way, yes. As we previously mentioned they are given the ability to mute players for 24 hours. On top of this moderators will also:

• Have a direct line of contact with us via Skype.
  • Be given moderator status on the forums as well as in game.
  • Have access to the test server, at times, when it is online for testing new content.

***Applications Closed**

I'd like to thank everyone that applied for Moderator. Unfortunately, not everyone could become a Moderator, and we've picked the 2 players that we feel would be best for the position at this time. We based our decision on the various factors, ultimately coming down to:

• Applications
  • Player History
  • Activeness
  • Community Response

If you weren't chosen as Moderator, don't fear. There will be more chances in the future for you to apply. Remember, you don't need to be a Moderator to help other players and help create/foster a fun gaming environment.

Please welcome our new set of Moderators:

• whusup
  • Kookz11

Those of you that were chosen, please download, register, and sign-in on Skype. Once you have finished that, please open a Support Ticket with us and let us know what your Skype username is. We will assign you Moderator privileges once we have spoken with each of you on Skype.

IKuPAI

Good luck applicants! New terms of service should provide you great assistance when assessing mutes!

Masta

Good luck to everyone! if you have any questions feel free to pm me ingame or send me a message on Discord.

Gr's

Masta

Edited by Masta

whusup

Time Playing Turf Battles:
My name is Buetti and most of the people know me by my ingame name ArcAngel, iJustGotRekt or KingSlayer. I played a few versions of Turf Battles (HE TB, Nana, etc.), but i spent the most of my playtime during OB, Season 1 & 2  on Eonic Games TB.

Why I want to be a moderator:
The reason why I'm applying as a moderator is, that I want to reduce the workload of the developers by keeping the newbie chat clean (it can get toxic within a few seconds), because you cant get bothered every single time when the spamming or shit talk in newbie starts. During the time I spent playing this game I gained alot of knowledge about the community and the game, which I want to share with everyone.

Why I think you should accept my application to be a moderator:
You should accept my application as a moderator because I got a good knowledge about the game and I'm an active player, that plays the game. I also want to keep the newbie chat clean ( a toxic chat has a bad influence on the players) and share my knowledge about the game with the community and help the newbies.

Best regards
Buetti

dell1232

Time playing Turf Battles:MY whole life, i even have 100s of hours of memories with my dad and me playing and with my brothers but mostly my dad and i. i havent done EVERYTHING there is to do yet but the things i do i help 1000s of people with.

Why I want to be a Moderator:I enjoy helping people, its one of the biggest reasons i love turf battles, such an easy game to help people in. not that the game is easy but its easy to help people, no exp cuts or penalties to groups so many things done right. eonic games is doing to turf battles what ive ALWAYS wished someone would do. Im known ingame, and on youtube and on twitch and have brought over 50 players atleast to this game is season 2 and hoping for a ton more soon! :-) GO S3!!!. Being a mod would not only keep me even during its slow times but also give me a title that would let people know im here to help :-).

i lvoe doing drop party's and if you played in Season 2 you know TC MART. TC MART is my shop and any time i log in people surround me i get like 5-20 pms about how people are happpy TC MART is back and im back lol.  Eonic games, again, has changed this game for the best and keeps on blowing my mind, and i would love to be a part of that. no matter how small. 

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: i want to establish a clean market, a clean chat, and advertise on youtube/twitch. i wanna bring more players and keep the right ones talkin and keep the right prices in the market so new players can hope right into this game which is what all these crazy updates are all about. we need to all work together and bring this to a game better then all others!!!... WORLD OF WHAT???? LETS GO PLAY TURF BATTLES! 

linlin09

Kor server 10Years+ ( 2003~2012 end server)

simple.

interesting in test server and just wanna some advice to you or some notice our country people. 

If you pick me or not. not matter. i dont care.

im bad english, not to kind for user. lol..

but have Passion. yes. only have Passion. I really like Seph(TB) and it play 10years+.

It means i think i really like this game. if not why i reserch closed game before 6years? 

So, im not good at some communicate to other people. but, advice to balance team, manage team or some technic team. my experience will be help them.

I know, and I saw it. How to flourish this game and How to fall this game. (this game = Seph, TB)

Finally, recently nowdays many people upset and send lots of suggestion or argument. 

some guys say it. "GM close his ears and eyes and run to profit (money)." 

In this situation, what you want Shockdot? Good game? or just open and dead game? what you do Shockdot?

I want to ask you. "Are you sure to your way?"

Really you must think of this. " Am i good at work now? "

vileninja

Time playing Turf Battles: I played original TB AG TB and Eonic TB so i would say over all over 3 years.

Why I want to be a Moderator: I see alot of toxic players in newbie chat and there is no moderator on to get them to calm down.

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: I have literally nothing but time to play. I can be on 8-10 hours a day most days and am able to spend a good portion of my time to the server. I

gatis122_0

Hi, my name is Gatis, but mostly I'm known as RedBerry or Chewbacca as those are my in-game names.

• Time Playing Turf Battles:

I have been playing Turf Battles for couple years now. First I started with Aeria Games for a while, then when it closed I switched to Chinese server which was translated into English. After that, this server was going in its OpenBeta phase and I decided to support this community as it was growing.

Currently, I have been playing for 5 - 7 years in this Turf Battles server, and I know that I'm not stopping.

• Why I want to be a moderator:

While playing actively in past months I have noticed that Developers are busy with their work, and it's understandable that they can't monitor everything and everywhere, this is why I would like to be the eyes and ears of administrators, to keep the chats clean from offensive language, confusion against game mechanics and other questions that might arise which needs Moderators attention.

• Why I think you should accept my application to be a moderator:

You should accept my application as a Moderator because I would like to use my online time more efficiently by helping the community with what I can. 

I'm an active player, currently online for the most part of the day, and I don't mind helping our players with their questions.

Thank you for your time, consideration and forthcoming response.

Best Regards,

Gatis

IKuPAI
On 4/19/2018 at 2:17 PM, shockdot said:

August 2004 

I was a moderator for part of season one and also part of season two.

Many things transpired;

+I was a very active moderator

+I posted and continue to post in forums almost daily

+I helped design the quest line for many of the level 100- quests

+I attempt to help with crashes and client issues preventing players from enjoying turf battles

+나 배울 느린 (I'm slowly learning korean)

+My good friend benny is trying to teach me chinese

+I created a support ticket tutorial in korean and chinese and english

+I am trying to influence our multilingual players to become more active and apply for moderator positions aswell

+I asked for more moderators before I was left to moderate season 2 almost single handedly.

+The terms of service were changed 2 days following my demotion to specifically reflect the values that eonic games officially find important in their community. 

+I provided assistance in theory crafting, efficiency manipulation, game knowledge, power leveling, exp guides, I created and still maintain www.tbkb.info, and I talk with players that I even consider to be enemies to further the game's progress.

-I was too involved in the game (as a player) to provide a fair assessment of the situations at hand.

Since my demotion as a volunteer turf battles moderator I have pondered what happened, and what could happen in the future.

With season 3 moderator applications thriving I believe that it is very important to have a strong balance of support for this game.

I am not asking for a position as a moderator. I am asking to further assist eonic games pursue their goals.

I have received apologies from many players who felt responsible for my demotion as moderator, and the respect was thankfully returned. It is important in a community as small as this to remember that this is still only a game... To the players. To veterans it may be something different, but we must remember this is supposed to be fun.

I am posting this application to announce a few important thoughts;

+"Moderator position" didn't make me help players any more or less

+"Moderator position" didn't help or hurt my abilities to progress in the game

+"Moderator position" didn't change my ability to effectively troubleshoot software and hardware issues on the fly

+"Moderator position" didn't change the online status of TBKB.info or CJ 2nerdy's ability to make videos/guides

+"Moderator position" didn't affect how people think I own turf battles when i post it on social media

- Allowing someone in "Moderator position" to mute other players changes players' attitudes and respect levels towards a 'special' player.

Thus;

I am asking eonic games to please allow the community to give a historian/scientist access to experiment, catalog, and break/fix the guts and scales of turf battles from the test server.

Regardless of my official title, I am a turf battles game sage. One can come to me with most questions and if I don't know the answer we can theory craft or I can find someone who knows, or provide you the knowledge you're missing to test it yourself!

Due to my ability to learn from my mistakes I refuse to use the mute features unless directed otherwise.

Considering that my previous demotion was directly related to "mute abuse" I would refrain from it entirely. However, I will strongly encourage players review terms of service which (gratefully) I helped forge from the field while our brains scribed the factual rules.

I would like to apologise to anyone I may have offended for my behavior in season 2. Having created the best weapon all season, and having 'special' mute powers; I singled myself out. I believe that the new features such as transmog and terms of service will clearly draw a line which will help me know my place if I am to be reinstated, aswell as to help players understand what is, and is not appropriate in a public eonic games service.

I hope my intentions are understood and valuble to both the community and eonic games.

Thank you for your consideration,

KuPA

ivmich300

its been 2 to 3 weeks yet no one got promoted to mod when we need more 

keke8929

x

Edited by keke8929

ivmich300

why not reach out to the people who PAID to be testers and ask if they would like to also moderate the game? like lotus and warheart? from my understanding it looks like they donated to test the game and now your pretty much handing out a chance to be a tester also for free? just a idea 

shockdot
3 hours ago, ivmich300 said:

why not reach out to the people who PAID to be testers and ask if they would like to also moderate the game? like lotus and warheart? from my understanding it looks like they donated to test the game and now your pretty much handing out a chance to be a tester also for free? just a idea 

Moderator positions are not bought positions, and the amount of eCoins you may or may not purchase has absolutely nothing to do with you becoming a moderator. Connecting the two would be just wrong.

Kookz11

Hi guys, I am Endymion or Aenea in game :) 

Played Turf Battles since HE maybe since 07? However I am a fresh starter this season for this version of Turf Battles.

To be honest it was not something I ever considered doing but I was asked to make an application and I am happy to help if you see fit.

- New to this season so I am pretty unbiased to almost everyone.

- I haven't seen many (if any) Australian players so I am active during most 'un-moderated' hours, this will help build a more diverse team.

- Have previous experience in moderation and admin for various streaming/anime sites.

Would like to mention that Kupai has been a great help to me in game along with WaxOn and Adderall (not sure of their account names but felt as though I should mention in case they are among the applicants).

shockdot

***Applications Closed**

I'd like to thank everyone that applied for Moderator. Unfortunately, not everyone could become a Moderator, and we've picked the 2 players that we feel would be best for the position at this time. We based our decision on the various factors, ultimately coming down to:

• Applications
  • Player History
  • Activeness
  • Community Response

If you weren't chosen as Moderator, don't fear. There will be more chances in the future for you to apply. Remember, you don't need to be a Moderator to help other players and help create/foster a fun gaming environment.

Please welcome our new set of Moderators:

• whusup
  • Kookz11

Those of you that were chosen, please download, register, and sign-in on Skype. Once you have finished that, please open a Support Ticket with us and let us know what your Skype username is. We will assign you Moderator privileges once we have spoken with each of you on Skype.