shockdot

Parties

shockdot

Hello everyone, we've decided to make a topic to address various comments & concerns regarding our Terms of Service, specifically the Social Interaction portion and how it relates to the party system inside of Turf Battles.

As a general rule of thumb, you should always try to play nice with others. We always encourage players to try and form a healthy & safe environment for everyone to play in. That's not say all situations are avoidable. Sometimes there might be certain people you do not like or agree with.

We hope to provide both sides of this scenario with a guideline of how they can expect to be treated, by that player and the GM's. In order to make things as easy as possible to understand, we've created a list of general FAQ's.

Do I HAVE to party with people I don't like?

The answer is both yes and no, it depends on the situation.

In what situations am I NOT allowed to kick another user out of a party?

To make things very simple, you are NOT allowed to kick someone because of who they are or what tribe they are in. This can result in your account being banned for a temporary amount of time.

What if my party is full?

Obviously if your party is full, it's impossible for the other user to join the party so it would be okay to reject their join request.

What if they are doing something to hinder the progress of the group/party they are trying to join?

If a player is doing something to hinder the progress of the party (such as KSing, PKing the party, or purposefully messing up parties) you are free to kick the user. However, we highly suggest you document such activities via screenshots or video recordings so that if the user decides to report you for kicking them, you have a defense.

In what situation am I allowed to not allow another user into my leveling party?

If you do NOT advertise your party in public chat channels we would consider this a private party. In this situation, other users would not know you are running a leveling party so there should be no argument between the two of you. However, under NO circumstances are you allowed to try and convince other users to quit and reform a party simply because a certain player is in it. In a nutshell, if you are advertising your party publicly you have to allow them in a party.

If someone is asking if there are any FL parties and I whisper them to join mine, does that make my party public?

Yes, if you respond to another users public messages to join an FL party it makes your party public. As such, if you reject another user from the party based on who they are you risk being punished as per our terms of service.

Someone is doing absolutely nothing in my party (leaching) can I kick them?

So long as the reasoning is NOT discriminatory in nature, you are free to kick the user. In other words, you are of course free to kick a user that is continuously leaching (not doing anything or helping), you are of course free to kick that user.

Someone kicked me from their party because they don't like me. What can I do?

Record or take a picture of any chats that might provide us with irrefutable evidence that they kicked you from the party for no valid reason other than that they don't like you or your tribe. Submit this picture or video to us via a Support Ticket. Please note videos are always best. You MUST be able to show and prove that they kicked you for no reason. For example... If you were kicked for leaching and you were not leaching, you must submit evidence showing that you were not leaching. This becomes difficult via pictures, which is why we recommend videos.

Am I allowed to kick players for a tribe mate or friend?

Only if the party was not advertised by you or anyone else in the party, if it's a private party. If the party is public we would recommend finishing the party & then in the next instance form a private tribe party if need be.

When in a leveling party, am I allowed to kick someone who has reached max level for someone who is not max level?

Yes. In fact, they should be kicked before even considering to kick anybody else as they receive zero EXP & other users could benefit from that EXP. Especially in areas like Hau, where max levels do zero damage to the monsters have the Witch dies.

I would also like to point out that enticing, provoking, or egging someone on to the point where they react negatively to you is also against our terms of service and can result in mutes or even bans depending on the severity or frequency.

vileninja

What about people who are leaching a FL party? Are we allowed to kick them for not helping dps/lure/tank?

shockdot
20 minutes ago, vileninja said:

What about people who are leaching a FL party? Are we allowed to kick them for not helping dps/lure/tank?

Thanks, updated.

Kookz11

Is there any rule about giving priority to main characters trying to use nation content over secondary and tertiary characters? This essentially being a way to hold dominance over nation events (Hau) and restricting other players of the same nation. Unless you start trying to KS the mobs, which is unfair on the people who are just trying to lvl their main character.

garf

honestly this FL system needs to get changed not sure why it's taking so long but the nation balance is always messed up and the spite between teams in this community legit cause a huge change in flwar and hau. if 2 tribes are same nation but are having issues they won't participate in winning which causes issue for anyone else stuck in that nation with them.

Spikanor

my opinion is that most of this rule's are stupid and no need.

if you think a developer most make main party rule's for all players then its going more the wrong way with the game.

most off the rule's are no need since its there own choose who there wane add in there party and who not.

if you wane have some main party rule's then keep it short and easy that players still have there own choose about there own party and can make there own party rule's for there party.

and really this is the first game i have see a developer is making party rule's and that others can get you banned for some off the things and also you most have proof to have better defence.

and also some off then are now to late since 3 years ago this was a big problem for most off the players that have range quit the game and have no hope's more for this game.

i think the rule's most be more like this:

if you get kick or leave the party and start to pken then you can get banned if there report you for it.

if a player is starting to destroy a party with a mass kill in few sec's time then the chance he get banned is big. ( with mass kill is min 5 players or more in 2 sec's time.)

you see its short and more room for the players choose.

GarfaRan
19 hours ago, Spikanor said:

my opinion is that most of this rule's are stupid and no need.

if you think a developer most make main party rule's for all players then its going more the wrong way with the game.

most off the rule's are no need since its there own choose who there wane add in there party and who not.

if you wane have some main party rule's then keep it short and easy that players still have there own choose about there own party and can make there own party rule's for there party.

and really this is the first game i have see a developer is making party rule's and that others can get you banned for some off the things and also you most have proof to have better defence.

and also some off then are now to late since 3 years ago this was a big problem for most off the players that have range quit the game and have no hope's more for this game.

i think the rule's most be more like this:

if you get kick or leave the party and start to pken then you can get banned if there report you for it.

if a player is starting to destroy a party with a mass kill in few sec's time then the chance he get banned is big. ( with mass kill is min 5 players or more in 2 sec's time.)

you see its short and more room for the players choose.

lol you completely dont understand the reason for this post. he added this because with such a small community as u said unlike other games with 1000+ active players turfbattles is alot less. everyone knows everyone thus with a game of 2 nations and small community issues and conflict occur so if I'm top dog and everyone is in my party and I think your a tool and kick you so you cant progress but allow anyone else to come to the party is okay? no it would make you quit. please think before you start randomly thinking ideas and actually good things hes added are shit.

Spikanor
5 hours ago, GarfaRan said:

lol you completely dont understand the reason for this post. he added this because with such a small community as u said unlike other games with 1000+ active players turfbattles is alot less. everyone knows everyone thus with a game of 2 nations and small community issues and conflict occur so if I'm top dog and everyone is in my party and I think your a tool and kick you so you cant progress but allow anyone else to come to the party is okay? no it would make you quit. please think before you start randomly thinking ideas and actually good things hes added are shit.

1: if he add the text: since the comunety in the game is low we gone add some party rule's you all most accept. that was maybe easyer to understand.

2: if this only a rule since the comunety is low in the game then why is he not doing something to make the comunety big again that this rule's are not needed thats maybe a better thing then making it only worse and worse with rule's for a low comunety and doing notting to promote the game.

3: i know the problem between 2 nations and to make it clear this rule will only become worse for one side off it since we know most off then not like to teamwork or wane join party's with the other side and then there quit if there are force to join party's with then if there not wane.

4: the main problem is a developer most never make party or tribe rule's that all the players most follow there job is to fix bugs adding new things and to promote the game that the comunety become's big and fun to play for the players and also to make sure there not using hacks or bot systems.

5: if you think i suport shockdot idea's then your are wrong like most old players what he has done are only worse and worse there is not 1 good thing he has done right it only make it worse why you think most off the comunety have range quit this game 3 years ago thanks to the bad idea's i have also not play for 3 years long this game more since the hope is gone that the game can become good again that hope is gone.

IKuPAI

@Spikanor Eonic games are doing a decent job with game dev/progress. They could really use a HR department or something... 

Only reason I'm mad is at this company is how they manage their player interaction/mods.

Basically, I'd give them an F for community building and a B+ for content development.

So don't discredit this entire project, as within content of this thread we can see them attempting to handle the social inadequacy the low population presents to this particular mmo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... "We can not rely in the integrity of a player." This is why theres rules about discrimination and segregation.

It's a start...

Spikanor

@IKuPAI

let me tell it in your way's.

most off the players give also a big F for the community building thats what most agree with you but there give also a Big F for content development.

and the reason most give also a big F for content development is there are bugs report that not get a fix then i talk more about bugs that have been report for exemple: at the start off V3 not know if it was 2 years ago but somebody have report a bug to then that monsters go in the walls and you can kill then.

then you have players there give a big F for content development since after lvl 300 there is notting to do more in the game and if you reach max lvl then its boring more for then.

i give then also a big F for content development since the bugs i report 3 years ago are still not fix and that where bugs to get pist off at sone point.

i told 3 years ago all about this problem that if there keep doing buff and later its getting a nerf that at some point players leave the game and never come back more and that in the end the population only become's lower and lower thill its almost not good playable more.

most off the players are happy if there release new contant each 6 month's to get new things in the game.

what most off the comunnety wane see is if there tell if there give feedback or idea's or report bugs that there get a replay from thanks for reporting the bug we gone try to fix it.

or we gone see if this idea is good for becoming in a update at some point.

thanks for the feedback we will look in it if there is a option to chance it.

if shockdot has done that then it was all good for most off the players thats a good point between a developer and the communety and good for the trust.

most like to see events on the main server to have a reason to play on the main server also.

and if the comunety is big again most off this rule's are not need more then its only a rule off 2 like if you get kickt or leave the party and start pken then its a problem you get if there report you.

and if somebody is pken party in a multi kill spree in few sec's then if there report you is a big problem for you.