shockdot

Moderator Applications

shockdot

We are now accepting applications for volunteer Turf Battles Moderators. 

What is a Moderator?

A Moderator is a user that helps manage players in game. They accomplish this through one of three methods:

• Answering questions from new and old players, when they can. Both on the Forums & In-Game. (Basically be helpful)
  • Remind users who may be breaking the Terms of Service & or general rules that they are not allowed to do what they are doing.
  • In cases where users are being unruly in chat they are given the ability to mute users for up to 24 hours (which can increase or decrease, pending a GM investigation).

Who can be a Moderator?

We're allowing anyone and everyone to apply for a moderator position. However, only those have demonstrated that they are: kind, knowledgeable, active, respectful of the rules & other players, and have either not received infractions (mutes or bans) to their accounts or have managed to redeem themselves will be accepted. Please note that community opinion on applicants is also taken into consideration when we choose moderators.

How do I apply?

Please post here in the following format:

Time playing Turf Battles:

Why I want to be a Moderator:

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator:

I don't want to be a Moderator, but I want someone else to be.... What can I do?

Well, first you must get them to apply themselves. Following that you are free to voice your thoughts on the person as a whole and how you think they would be as a Turf Battles Moderator.

How many Moderators will be picked?

We will be picking 3 Moderators during this application phase. We may open up applications again in the future.

When will Moderators be chosen?

We're giving users 2-3 weeks to make their applications. Just because you haven't been chosen as a Moderator yet, it doesn't mean you shouldn't try to act like one... Be nice to others, helpful, and above all else... Be a good person.

***Applications Closed**

I'd like to thank everyone that applied for Moderator. We were happy to see so many people interested in this position. Unfortunately, not everyone could become a Moderator, and we've picked the 3 players that we feel would be best for the position. We based our decision on the various factors, ultimately coming down to:

• Applications
  • Player History
  • Activeness
  • Community Response

If you weren't chosen as Moderator, don't fear. There will be more chances in the future for you to apply. Remember, you don't need to be a Moderator to help other players and help create/foster a fun gaming environment.

Please welcome our new, and first, set of Moderators:

• Fantasy
  • IKuPAI
  • Masta

Those of you that were chosen, please download, register, and sign-in on Skype. Once you have finished that, please open a Support Ticket with us and let us know what your Skype username is. We will assign you Moderator privileges tomorrow once we have spoken with each of you on Skype.

br0kn

Hello,

I'm br0kn for those old players who did play with me or against me in nado in HETB. Currently I've been on break from the game but with intention of coming back and playing again after the busy month of June due to work. Work aside, if chosen for a moderator position, I would make time in my free time outside of my work schedule to assist in game. A little about me, going on 30 in July. I'm a diesel technician in Wisconsin, USA. I have traveled all over to learn new things about my profession/career and also deal with an immense amount of customer service, so I'm not new to assisting and trying to resolve issues/questions. 

I played in HETB for a long time, Nado was more of my scene. I've had the pleasure of playing with some of the top players then whether it was in nado or high level character zones. I was even welcomed to ghost castle on my nado bbm to join my higher friends. I was close to many people but I also kept my enemies closer because where's the fun without a fight? I had several high levels, access to some known as candykisses the fist, evil seed the archer and had an outstanding time. Also close with roshambo, the father, green, Grace, Luis, My boy Brandon, and many other top name players you know who you are. 

I feel I would be a great pick because I've grown into helping people in real life, and would like to provide the same in my free time being a moderator. I feel playing online games should be fun, and drama free, and would love to help keep the online gaming community that way. I'm pretty outgoing and I could be kind of sarcastic at times but it's considerably mostly for fun. I have the strong mentality of treat others how you want to be treated. I have a thick skin, and if punishment is needed I won't hesitate to resolve the situation that way, but I will work around that as much as possible to not result in that. Thanks for your consideration of my app.

-br0kn 

Addictive02

Time Playing Turf Battles: I have been playing Turf battles since Hyper Engines, AG, NaNa, to present. 

Why I want to be a Moderator: I'm interested in being a Moderator to help new players understand what they need to do to progress through leveling and building up there equipment. Along with that I think it would be great to be able to keep a lot of bickering out of Newbie chat as with every version of TB this community can be toxic at times. (Yes, I don't deny I have been toxic in the past, but I have been helping new players out and building up relationships with a lot of the community over the last 3-4 months) I believe strongly in doing the right and honest things even when I don't like the out come. In other words its hard to be the bigger man some times.

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: I have played many games since HE went down and again through the years that AG:TB went down. Nothing compares to this game in any way...the way you level, get gear, and especially the PVP. I really love this game and support it 110 percent. If there is any way I can support this game and help the players understand why we love this game so much as a community through all its ups and downs I'm on bored. I truly love this game and hope to see it progress over the years. 

PS: Sorry for my grammar. Hope to see you all in game. 

Sincerely,

WarHeart 

Masta

Time Playing Turf Battles:

My name is Ricardo, most people in the community know me by my screen name Masta. I have been playing the “game” Turf Battles for about 12 years now. I've been involved in all the communities related to TB(versions) and the core TB community. Created several tribes and have been part of some, not to mention all the bad boys I've had to take care of. This game has been a incredible fun part of my life. As even, now some of my real life friends were found through this game. So even putting its value into something like time wouldn't show it its due value for me.

Mostly because I don't want to be waking you up in middle of the night so you can mute/ban rule offenders... Jokes aside, I'm Seeking the moderator position because it will be a valuable experience. I've been around a long time in the TB-scene, I've seen many versions rise and die( Also the reasons for the cause), which lays the foundation for why I want to be a moderator. For the health of this game, I believe I can become the link between the developers and the community that efficiently translates issues and works towards a brighter future. Even up until now, I have been acting as a link for the players to go to for their questions and issues. That is what I want to build further on and take to the next level.

Well it's probably easiest to begin from the point where donating opened up, to show how dedicated I've been to this project: Even today I remember how people told me it might be a scam and didn't want to donate, but I didn't doubt. I donated with belief and promoted the game, convinced many players to donate also. And here we're today, at a point where the developers are now giving back to the community (seasonal prizes). Incredible. Even now I'm working behind the scenes to make sure the game is up to date, no one else but the developers can confirm how much effort I've put in making sure that the game is fully playable. I am talking about all the hours of bug chasing, reporting, testing every update for errors and so on the list continues.

I believe I can be an efficient cog in the future of this game, a strong willed individual who can maintain a professional level while enjoying the game and following duties of the position.

Thank you for your time.

Gr's Masta

Edited by Masta

Trucha

Time playing Turf Battles: Since 2004. I played hetb, aeria's tb, Sephiroth, and Kauxien(spelling?) for alittle bit

Why I want to be a Moderator: I think it would be fun for one, My play-style already fits the job description as I am always willing to help somebody and do whenever I can, helping others with knowledge reinforces my own and will make me a better player, I love the community and this is another opportunity to be a part of it. Lastly I love this game way more than I would like to admit and I want it to be the best version of it that it can possibly be and will help in anyway that I can.

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: I am extremely active, I am in the eastern timezone which we need. I have 0 black marks on TB with the community and I never have. I am very social and completely unbiased I get along with everybody in the community. We need people who not only know the game but are friendly with our entire population which everybody would confirm I am. I Invest a lot of my time here, I am extremely dedicated to making this game reach its full potential.

king4
10 hours ago, Masta said:

My name is Ricardo, most people in the community know me by my screen name Masta. I have been playing the “game” Turf Battles for about 12 years now. I've been involved in all the communities related to TB(versions) and the core TB community. Created several tribes and have been part of some, not to mention all the bad boys I've had to take care of. This game has been a incredible fun part of my life. As even, now some of my real life friends were found through this game. So even putting its value into something like time wouldn't show it its due value for me.

Mostly because I don't want to be waking you up in middle of the night so you can mute/ban rule offenders... Jokes aside, I'm Seeking the moderator position because it will be a valuable experience. I've been around a long time in the TB-scene, I've seen many versions rise and die( Also the reasons for the cause), which lays the foundation for why I want to be a moderator. For the health of this game, I believe I can become the link between the developers and the community that efficiently translates issues and works towards a brighter future. Even up until now, I have been acting as a link for the players to go to for their questions and issues. That is what I want to build further on and take to the next level.

Well it's probably easiest to begin from the point where donating opened up, to show how dedicated I've been to this project: Even today I remember how people told me it might be a scam and didn't want to donate, but I didn't doubt. I donated with belief and promoted the game, convinced many players to donate also. And here we're today, at a point where the developers are now giving back to the community (seasonal prizes). Incredible. Even now I'm working behind the scenes to make sure the game is up to date, no one else but the developers can confirm how much effort I've put in making sure that the game is fully playable. I am talking about all the hours of bug chasing, reporting, testing every update for errors and so on the list continues.

I believe I can be an efficient cog in the future of this game, a strong willed individual who can maintain a professional level while enjoying the game and following duties of the position.

Thank you for your time.

Gr's Masta

+1

go go go :)

Fantasy

Time playing Turf Battles: I've been playing TB since Aeria, but i just was active on Aeria, HETB and CA. Most of you know me under the name "Fantasy".

Why I want to be a Moderator: Mostly I want to get some work away from you. I tried to solve all stuff without you getting involved, but this was just not possible. Remember the dozen times I contacted you for vanities. Especially such things I'd like to solve by myself and be a link between the community and developers.
In this version of TB I became a tribeleader and lead two tribes so far (GOV and Imagination). The hundrets of hours I spent on this game, especially on this version, gave me a lot of knowledge about the game and also the community and this is what i want to share with everyone!

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: The main point why you should accept my application is, that i was always neutral. We can't just close the eyes, this game reached a state of toxic which is not acceptable. I want to bring this game back to the peaceful days without me chosing a side. I also want to share my knowledge with everyone and help all the newbies.
With alot of confidence I daresay that the position from a moderator will be in good hands. ;)

Make Turf Battles great agian!
(no I don't support trump)

Fantasy

Edited by Fantasy

king4
2 hours ago, Fantasy said:

Time playing Turf Battles: I've been playing TB since Aeria, but i just was active on Aeria, HETB and CA. Most of you know me under the name "Fantasy".

Why I want to be a Moderator: Mostly I want to get some work away from you. I tried to solve all stuff without you getting involved, but this was just not possible. Remember the dozen times I contacted you for vanities. Especially such things I'd like to solve by myself and be a link between the community and developers.
In this version of TB I became a tribeleader and lead two tribes so far (GOV and Imagination). The hundrets of hours I spent on this game, especially on this version, gave me a lot of knowledge about the game and also the community and this is what i want to share with everyone!

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: The main point why you should accept my application is, that i was always neutral. We can't just close the eyes, this game reached a state of toxic which is not acceptable. I want to bring this game back to the peaceful days without me chosing a side. I also want to share my knowledge with everyone and help all the newbies.
With alot of confidence I daresay that the position from a moderator will be in good hands. ;)

Fantasy

+1 

Grill

So because community feedback is taken into consideration, both Masta and Fantasy both are prime examples of having a MOD. They have both helped the community in several different ways, never have I witness any toxicity into the community from the both of them. They are both truly outstanding and as a long time turf battles player, I believe they would both have the best interest in the community and the game itself.

Please don't support trump, oh I mean warheart, I'm not on "bored" with someone who admits they're racist. 

Edited by Grill

bibblix

Yes make me mod 

Bibbi

Edited by bibblix

king4
4 minutes ago, bibblix said:

Yes make me mod 

Bibbi

+1 bumped

king4
17 hours ago, Addictive02 said:

Time Playing Turf Battles: I have been playing Turf battles since Hyper Engines, AG, NaNa, to present. 

Why I want to be a Moderator: I'm interested in being a Moderator to help new players understand what they need to do to progress through leveling and building up there equipment. Along with that I think it would be great to be able to keep a lot of bickering out of Newbie chat as with every version of TB this community can be toxic at times. (Yes, I don't deny I have been toxic in the past, but I have been helping new players out and building up relationships with a lot of the community over the last 3-4 months) I believe strongly in doing the right and honest things even when I don't like the out come. In other words its hard to be the bigger man some times.

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: I have played many games since HE went down and again through the years that AG:TB went down. Nothing compares to this game in any way...the way you level, get gear, and especially the PVP. I really love this game and support it 110 percent. If there is any way I can support this game and help the players understand why we love this game so much as a community through all its ups and downs I'm on bored. I truly love this game and hope to see it progress over the years. 

PS: Sorry for my grammar. Hope to see you all in game. 

Sincerely,

WarHeart 

-1 Negged

imadsaade

Time playing Turf Battles: Hey guys, most of you know me as Crispy. I've played Turf Battles since HE release B1.

Why I want to be a Moderator: Id like to be a Moderator to help alleviate some workload from you. You can't be bothered every time someone is spamming newbie being annoying to other players.

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: I think you should accept me as Moderator because I am completely neutral and unbiased. I have been in or lead many tribes that would be considered "enemy" tribes such as Digitally_Imported, Trinity, Imagination, Antisocial, Aftermath, Flawless, ChocolateFever, DeathStear. Never had problems within the community. 

king4
Just now, imadsaade said:

Time playing Turf Battles: Hey guys, most of you know me as Crispy. I've played Turf Battles since HE release B1.

Why I want to be a Moderator: Id like to be a Moderator to help alleviate some workload from you. You can't be bothered every time someone is spamming newbie being annoying to other players.

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: I think you should accept me as Moderator because I am completely neutral and unbiased. I have been in or lead many tribes that would be considered "enemy" tribes such as Digitally_Imported, Trinity, Imagination, Antisocial, Aftermath, Flawless, ChocolateFever, DeathStear. Never had problems within the community. 

+1 bump

Zorpy99

I see tons of people that could be a in game mod.

But there's one issue and that being we all say game needs a ACTIVE in game mod. Masta and fantasy and crispy are 3 good choices but all 3 are extremely inactive.

The only one here that's actually been on this version since day one and still gets on everyday is warheart we need active mods a mod that is willing to actually play the game and not take months off randomly 

Edited by Zorpy99

Cidius

Time playing Turf Battles: Since the originals game release under the names Cidius, Giga, ect.

Why I want to be a Moderator: I want to make TB great again. Just like old times and sentence hackers to death ingame.

Why I think you should accept my application to be a Moderator: I will be a great (but sometime inactive mod because i'm in the military) mod – and nobody will be a better mod than me, believe me.

siurblys

I think moderator should be chosen from different time zones. (USA, CN, EUR). I don't know, maybe GM's already thought about that.

IKuPAI

Time playing Turf Battles: August 14 2004 start date

I want to be a moderator because I like helping people. I like training people. I like teaching people new things. For example; I have learned three major things from video games you must be aware of to succeed at anything in life.

Mechanical Ability

Map Awareness

Game knowledge

I WILL provide in depth courses or theorizing or whatever it is one needs from me to help them succeed at turf battles.

I think you should accept my application for moderator because we have played so many versions of this game together that you know I can keep up solo Free 2 Play with two people duo Pay 2 playing in lead.

You remember... AGE TB... 1st to 160 was shockdot 2nd to 160 was josh and 3rd to 160... Yeah, IKuPAI

Anyways, I'd like to think that you know I will prove to be much more professional than you've seen in my younger years. I will continue to run advertising covert ops regardless of being selected for moderator or not. I would just hope to provide assistance in official colored text ;)

I hope you consider this at least fair payment for my 2,000 forum posts you just erased ;)

oh... and my white mage avatar is animated. Auto win. *shrugs*

Edited by IKuPAI
1337z0rd

abantage
On 6/12/2017 at 9:57 AM, Grill said:

Please don't support trump, oh I mean warheart, I'm not on "bored" with someone who admits they're racist. 

You're not on "bored"? You must not English much.... 

I support the following for admin IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:  Masta, Fantasy, warheart (who by the way, is not racist) Crispy, and Kupa. 

Allow me to make a brief explanation as to why those individuals get my vote.

Masta: Ricardo (sorry if I misspelled it) has been around since day one as he mentioned. While he did throw cash at the game without any real promise or evidence of a fully developed game being released, I don't think that is a reason anyone should give when applying for a moderator. Masta deserves moderator position not just because he threw money at the game but because this game would be a sack of rotten worm infested potatoes, if he did not test shit out. It would be NICE if he tested each potatoe in the test server, but whatever gets the job done right? Ricardo, communicates with players, and maintains a good presentation of the game even when it might be chaotic at times. He has the ability to reach Smuffdot when others are possibly ignored or put in the back burner when important stuff is needed to be done. Most importantly, he does not always agree with smiledot on everything that is done, and always has own opinion, which are qualities of a leader and person who is able to police the community. 

Fantasy: Fantasy is a good person overal and has a the ability to be happy even when everything has gone to hell. For that reason, it is IMPOSSIBLE to upset this man. He thinks out of the pure goodness of his heart and therefore he is always trying to please both sides. By being fair, and displaying much patience, and having the ability to talk with all sorts of behaving people, he will make a fine moderator if chosen. 

Warheart: Is not a racist! Whoever said this is brain dead! Warheart is a US player who needs to be respected in the community. He is a relaxed person who can't stand bullshit. He will not stand for rudeness of others, and he will not allow people to break rules in the game. He deserves moderator position because he has remained loyal to the game and he has proven it over and over again. Warheart has good leadership skills and common sense which is needed in being a dedicate turf battles moderator. If choosen, he will be a perfect match for the Job being offered. 

Crispy: Who can say anything bad about crispy? He is very chill and laid back. He has common sense, and has great ideas on the game. However, not all of his ideas are listened to, and while this game is not a complete rotten worm infested sack of potatoes, it's still a sack of potatoes nonetheless. Crispy is like.... he's like Santa Claus to people... he just a jolly old guy who everyone loves, but he also has a character that will not tolerate bullshit. Crispy if chosen to be moderator will make this community better. 

Kupa: well, not much I can say about Kupa. His posts do most of the talking for him. Kupa refuses to give up on this game. It's like your favorite character in a show just died, but Kupa is in the back rewinding the movie A minute or two to bring the character back to life. Kupa, like crispy, has many great ideas! He is a very useful and important tool to this game that keeps getting ignored. Kupa if made a moderator will be able to bring his knowledge to players but also up hold his zero tolerance policy. I have taken a few stabs at Kupa before here and there, but I feel like a total dick by trying to push him away from this game, when the game really needed him to stay and to help this community thrive. 

My 2 cents. 

rielandr
On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 4:20 PM, Masta said:

Thank you for your time.

Gr's Masta

+1 for Masta

For being such a big help

IKuPAI

I think Masta should qualify for GM001 Status...

And thanks Abantage I really appreciated those words man.

Edited by IKuPAI

noahhero

Long time no see you ,I love you all!

Edited by noahhero

noahhero
On 2017/6/12 at 7:50 PM, Fantasy said:

Fantasy

+1 for Fantasy!