PòóF11

Game not working

PòóF11

Anyone have a problem with the game getting stuck at 2sec/60sec when trying to connect to a server? I've reinstalled about 20 times just tonight trying to solve this problem?

http://imgur.com/a/3yLnD

Edited by PòóF11

IKuPAI

In my experience it seems something is preventing an update. You'll need to exclude the folders from your Antivirus and allow the files to run as administrator. An alternative is just disabling user account control temporarily.

PòóF11

I've tried with Firewall off, Game and Installer Excluded, I've tried with Anti virus off and with everything running as admin. Even disabled UAC and still nothing :/ Stumped

Edit : Decide to leave it and see what happens after couple of mins i got this error.

Assertion failed: pClientMsg->GetType() == ClientToldType [File:D:\Work\Sephi_Client\cc20090615-SecondBeta-usa\SephClient\Sephiroth\Src\UnSepNetInterface.cpp] [Line: 280]

History: LoginToGame <- USepNetInterface::TickDispatch <- UClientNetDriver::TickDispatch <- UGameEngine::Tick <- USephirothEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Edited by PòóF11

IKuPAI

On further investigation of the details provided i cant help but wonder how your traceroute looks.

DO NOT SHARE THIS PUBLICLY

OR AT LEAST HIDE ALL IPS SO WE CAN SEE MILISECONDS.

Personally it sounds like internet problems.

Open run (Windows button + e) 

Type 'cmd'

In the command line window you would write 'ipconfig'

Take your gateway ip (120.0.0.1 often)

And use 'ping 120.0.0.1 -t'

This will show you your connection from computer to internet is good.

Press ctrl+c to end the -t function

Write 'ping 8.8.8.8 -t' to see how well your computer can get to Google! 

Press ctrl+c to end the -t function.

Write 'tracert 8.8.8.8' to see how many steps or "hops" it takes to get from your modem to Google.

If your tracert has anything over 100ms or it doesn't complete, you can call your internet provider and send them this information.

to test your path/connection to turf battles you can write 'tracert eonicgames.com'

And again, if there are any hops over 100ms or it doesn't complete, you can call your ISP and send them this.

PòóF11

So i did what you said and When i tested the connection to Google it seems to work i had one line that said request timed out but nothing over 100. when I did it to TB i had 6 request timed out (5 in a row) and 1 of the Pings was 109ms. :/ Guess I gotta make a phone call?

IKuPAI

Yea, basically ur neighborhood is having trouble accessing their servers. Or at least a portion of them.

I'd definately file a ticket with your ISP

PòóF11

is there a way i can show you what the test shows so i know what to tell my ISP?

IKuPAI

You already told me what's happening, I would just tell them something like

"So... I play this online game, and I can't get into it. WHICH IS STRANGE... usually I can. So I did a trace route to Google and it looks pretty. But I did a trace route to the game's domain, and I'm having trouble connecting. It connects, but hardly. It's x hops from 'your modem' where I start getting no response and 100 milliseconds+ (lag). I was just hoping to put in a ticket for further investigation. I believe this is in canada. I really shouldnt be having troubles so close to (where i live). Are there any bigger outtages maybe?"

PòóF11

Ok ill submit a ticket. just confusing because my brother plays and hes got the same ISP provider and lives maybe  5 min down the road from me :/  all this stuff confuses me >< Thanks for the help

IKuPAI

It's literally the 5 minute difference. Maybe the issue isn't getting to turf battles but rather, he can get to the main city from his block and Google is the other direction for you guys. So basically if Google is west and TB is north your brother can go north and west easily.

But you can go west no problem but north is giving issues. The idea is like... You can go 2 600 blocks west, but going 2 blocks north is hard.

PòóF11

I got my brother to do it and our traceroutes looked almost identical Even the 5 request timed out in a row. I got a buddy of mine who lives in another town ping it and his looked worse than mine and just for shits and giggles he installed the game and It worked for him.. So im starting to think its something else now..... I reinstalled about 10 times this morning trying to solve this stupid issue

IKuPAI

Sorry man, we tried! We'll have to wait for shockdot >.<

shockdot

Hi, a ticket would be best. It sounds like something is blocking your the servers connection to you. In the past, this has been an issue with Firewalls. This could be your Windows Firewall blocking it, or your routers firewall... However, if your brother is on the same internet, it wouldn't be your router.

Open a ticket, download teamviewer, send us the info, ill try to remote assist.