IKuPAI

How to test your internet routing!

IKuPAI

TURF BATTLES trained me to type 80 words per minute within 4 years. By 10 years of TURF I was typing 120 words per minute and I was hired by IBM followed by a national ISP Called CenturyLink.

You don't need relevant skills to be impressive; but seeing as turf battles gave me that skill, I want to return the favor to the community. So, here's how you see WHY YOUR INTERNET IS LESS THAN YOU'RE PAYING FOR.

DO NOT SHARE THIS PUBLICLY

Open run (Windows button + r) 

Type 'cmd'

In the command line window you would write 'ipconfig'

Take your gateway ip (120.0.0.1 often)

And use 'ping 120.0.0.1 -t'

This will show you your connection from computer to internet is good.

Press ctrl+c to end the -t function

Write 'ping 8.8.8.8 -t' to see how well your computer can get to Google! 

Press ctrl+c to end the -t function.

Write 'tracert 8.8.8.8' to see how many steps or "hops" it takes to get from your modem to Google.

If your tracert has anything over 100ms or it doesn't complete, you can call your internet provider and send them this information.

to test your path/connection to turf battles you can write 'tracert eonicgames.com'

And again, if there are any hops over 100ms or it doesn't complete, you can call your ISP and send them this.

Basically, if you can't get a ping from 120.0.0.1 it's your problem. Replace cables, replug in cables, call alienware... whatever you can fix.

If a tarcert doesn't hop after 120.0.0.1 your ISP is responsible for your connection outward. They may visit your house for this.

If anything is strange beyond that, it becomes a higher level issue... You know, the 150,000 bundle of Ethernet cables (haha xD) going through the ocean to Japan may have been hit by a shark texting and swimming you know...

Anyways, that's how you do it! Hope it helps.

Edited by IKuPAI

Trucha

id pay good money to see the shark crash swimmin and texting

IKuPAI
On 7/17/2017 at 6:09 AM, siurblys said:

Kupa u miss :D i think you mean windows button + R

Right-o xD