IKuPAI

PvP rewards

IKuPAI

I'm sure everyone has noticed the different builds between pvp and pvm.

I'm sure it's also quite noticable that based on that build information the pvp lists change heavily. 

However, there are a lot of pvp builds that requires an alt swap to farm the zone you've taken.

So, I was thinking about something like enhancing pvp rewards directly. It was mentioned in another thread that we get literally nothing from pvp.

...in this pvp oriented game.

So, I was thinking... Some temp boosts per pk, some pvp risks, and also pvp rewards shop...

So first item, boosts per pk:

Soul charms are very important it would seem providing a 10% ap.... *Record scratch rewinding noise* TEN PERCENT ATTACK POWER BONUS... *Drops jaw*

The 3x charm buff is a really neat concept that can, and imo SHOULD be replicated. Imagine if every time u killed a player you got a 3 minutes 20% drop boost... 

Or for those who don't own the island: 5 monster steals.

Or 1% stacking hp bonus that resets every pk up to 20%...

Of course this will require some intricacies in dev work to add certain booleans and counters so they can observe certain new gameplay mechanics such as:

If a monster has been hit by another player (isKSing=true)

And then you would observe the ks factor in the code, canceling the 3 minute drop bonus ON THAT MONSTER... This way people don't lure up for boosted pkers.

Another observation that would be needed to be made is level difference. You want people fighting within about 20 levels of each other to get such awesome rewards. Otherwise it's likely a booster...

Let's move on,

Item #2 on the list is pvp risks:

This game is great for getting into the farming game, but when someone pks you and takes your turf you kinda just go oh well and move on...

But, i propose a pet driven adjustment to PvP where you must have a level 15+ pet to enter competitive PvP.

All level 15+ pets should have a maximum inventory open. This inventory must be loaded with a certain value of items before you can enter said pvp zones.

Iah: 1 dinn pouch

Shuy: 1 seph pouch

Kando:1 seph pouch

Nado: 1 seph pouches

Duan: 2 SC pouches

DuanDo: 1 RH Pouch

Rue: 1 RH Pouch

GC: 1 SC pouch

Hau: 1x4 trans gems

And when killed, your pet is recalled to your inventory (or donation box) and the item in it's inventory drops to the floor.

(Pet inventory involved a dupe at one point so I'd suggest having the pouch in your inventory in the crystal room and forcing the pet to consume it as you enter the island to avoid quick hand manipulation)

This way, there's something worth fighting for...

And item #3 pvp rewards shops:

Imo, this is something every mmo should have...

NO new pvp armors.

Pvp weapon/armor MODS:

Leni steal

Health steal

Mana steal

And cosmetic add-ons

(We don't want to cover our glorious gear)

So items like:

Halo, top hat, devil horns, crown, jester hat

+6-10 blessing glow on armors

Capes

Wings

Footprint particle trails (scorched earth, muddy tracks)

Some of this may seem unobtainable for an older engine, but not everything has to be as pretty as "particles" makes it seem. When people think particles they think movie quality with 900quintrillion polys... When a simple 40 poly mesh will make a beautiful scorched earth.

Think about it, share your own ideas...

Edited by IKuPAI