Winkou

Keep players playing

Winkou

Hello,

First of all, this topic is not here to trashtalk about the game or anything, just observations (played full s3 and played full triumphus since the merge).

So, players leaving after 1 month of season, a tournament getting canceled, a tournament with 2 teams only, no vets in triumphus after season... and no reaction ?

The population during seasons in season server decrease like this : decent amount day 1, 50% left 3 weeks in, 15% left 1,5 months in, 5% at final day.

The population during seasons in triumphus server goes like this : 1% day 1, 1% 3 weeks in, 10% 1,5 months in and then it increases a bit up to next season.

This issue has been observed for a while now and yet nothing happened, ok we getting some contents more or less each season but what about keeping the players ?

Next season seems like one more zone will be added, it's a good thing because the game progresses, new trade system might be very good.

Ok but... will those things refrain people from leaving the game early on once more (fourth time to be exact ?) ? Or at least make them play triumphus ?

Scotty appearing from nowhere hosting an event just after the ONLY event of the season, i mean isnt there other moments to do that as well ? Are you gonna do it weekly/monthly ? COMMUNICATE.

It seems obvious that some top "something" should happen every week or month or idk ?

• Top 3 pker week/month getting rewards, easy ? give ecoins
  • Top lever past idk week getting his name on the website ? no reward else
  • Gather funny/good items screenshot on the website and pay the owner for idk 10 ecoins or something ?
  • What about using this soccerfield and this arena ? Concerning arena : 2 npc team u give 10 tc to one and u enter with this team once 5 players registered on both team they start fighting, alive team wins opposite team tc... can also do last man standing etc...

I came up with these ideas after a short time, but here we are triumphus one month after end s3, tournament s3 was a disaster, people don't want to play triumphus coz s4 soon so better keep your energy or idk... wouldn't it be the EXACT time to put some ecoin reward events to prepare season 4 ?

What about those upgraded G11 rates on season ? Making players believe they waste their time if they ever put a BT or a RH on a G11 item on triumphus... synchro the rates... G11 is by far not the top thing currently...

You did a serious good job with the game, there is plenty of ways to lvl up, plenty of ways to gear up etc but there are no players actively playing it.

I suggest start tackling this lack of player issue, more QoL updates, trade system is a very good idea tho.

Edited by Winkou
Owned by tab

stubi

Hi,

First i would like to thank Winkou for adressing some of the key problems of the especially the lack of ongoing endgame content.
I do believe that the upcomming season could change something about it but i can only conjecture it.

Since he brought up the topic about the cancelation of the tournament i want to share my 2 cents aswell:

I havent played this season much but i wanted to compete in a tournament so i deceided to go for the 200 one since i had a realistic chance to win there.
So i lvled up a character only for this purpose. Luckily i had some help with a +9 wep and a +8 part of the set but i still put effort into creating this Duan character.

- I had to lvl up Master/Transkskills
- I created 2 sets of Jewlery since i knew it was 1v1 Elimination style ( 7/6 def/dodge rings and 7mdef rings)
- the rest of the +8 set and some decent offensive jewlery

I used quite a bit of time doing this and in the end the tournament got canceled because no one signed up except for me.

I felt a bit betrayed after that and made me honestly think why i should still care about the game.

Pure

Yeah first of all I'd like to say that everything in this post is very accurate, and we're seeing the same things happening every season.

I myself am one of the people who plays seasons for the first 3-4 weeks and end up breaking my gear and leaving, and i find myself asking why? Well firstly I'd say it depends if you have a strong team or not. If your playing seasons solo/casually, doing stuff like crafting G12's, and making the most of lvling spots like FL, V3 etc is very difficult and rather than grinding out 100's of hours (for something you probably already have on Tri Server) It's easier to just quit. I for one think crafting should be changed and you shouldn't need a full team to accomplish it, meaning you all then need to share 1 account.

Secondly, we need more interaction form GM/Mods ingame, weather that's just small events to get people logging in or larger planned out events. People need something to regularly look forward too, and everyone loves the chance to win free stuff. The mini event Scotty put on was a great start, and everyone loved it but that's the first ingame event Iv'e seen in I don't even know how long. 

From what Iv'e seen of the PvP event it's not getting the players online or excited, maybe it shouldn't all be at the end of the season rather put on gifts and prizes throughout the season. Give people reasons to logg on, and want to work on gear while the season is open. The events section on the forums should be a lot more active. Maybe give mods more freedom to create events with TC/Item prizes?

As Winkou said you guys are doing a great job, and I think season 4 has a lot of very interesting new features, but it would be really sad to just see the same thing happen as previous seasons where half the population is gone in the first few weeks.

Gannicus_1099

we have to bring in new players without losing the players we have

JDEKIS

I agree with this post. I've been playing sporadically for the past week to get up to speed with the new features. Playerbase was going down when I quit two years ago, and now I find even less players online at peak hours. It's sad to see, because this game has really evolved and it's getting close to its full potential. I understand that it's hard to attract players, most kids today won't even look at a game with graphics like we have. 

I'd love to see this game flourish, so it would be very interesting to hear what the plan is. We haven't really heard anything during these years that the game has been up. We're getting amazing updates, but no word on the strategies to acquire new players. 

Avalanched

i totally agree with this topic. the game need way more attentention than it gets. its sad, because Turfbattles is a great game.

Unfortunatly new players never had a chance, because this game is basicly community based, and it has no marketing possibilties like WoW, and other big mmo games. which causes that no one that seeks for a game like this will never find it nor give it a try. and people who invented 100% of their time into the game could control the entire game and make the game a living hell for new players.

if i didnt have friends who told me to give this game a try i would never have known about the game. now i love the game.
turfbattles and the community suffered a sincere loss, when Enemy passed away. but hands down, he was one of the causes of new players not entering the game, because if people werent there from the start, they wouldnt stand a chance. its raw facts. i feel sorry for entire Turfbattles and eonic games and all who had a relation with enemy, its really tragic. but as we lost a top player, it will open more opportunities for newer players to actually stand a chance in the later game. enemy has all my respect, he was a great player.

THIS IS NOT A HATE POST

noahhero_0

Very good article!I totally agree with Winkou`s opinion.

We all know Shockdot did a very good job on this TB and we really love it.

Just hope there will be some smart changes in game to hold old players and attract more new players bcz this is real a Great game online!

Wish it will be operated until i am 60 years old hahaha

coolmikky

i agree with Avalanched! now it's time to rock /n Roll and make new people in to the best game ever

cb_90027

Hello,

So it’s been quite some time since I’ve played or been on this forum. Hell, I had to reset my password... Anyways, this player issue seems to be a theme. I know kupa doesn’t believe it’s an issue, but I think most people do in general. So here are some thoughts.

1) Make this game noob friendly.

I’ve been saying this since the release. I know “bigger” things needed to be addressed at first, but now I think this is a priority. This game has a pretty close community and it’s difficult for new players to actually find people to play with or join a good tribe. We need tribes that are for “noobs” that are competitive like back in the day. Potential Solutions: GM run tribe that any person can join and go to islands/learn game. Incentives for tribes to recruit new players (I.e. tribe with most new players above x level in a time frame  gain a blessing (exp forge whatever). This will have to be further thought out. Reorganization of TB guides and maybe some additional noob guides that can be accessed on forum or by some noob friendly NPC. Reorganization of tribe notes so people can talk/communicate tribe goals. There are many things that can really help with new players.

2) Keep it interesting.

As we all know there are sections of this game were all you do is grind. We need to find ways to keep it interesting. Perhaps more events that promote a certain area (special drop or exp rates when in a party of 5+). PvP and PVE events. Person with most monster kills or a quest point system (quests = points = prizes in game). Another idea is earning special pets or pet costumes if tribe completes x objective. Again, there are lots of ideas on what to do here. I am one of those players that plays for a while then gets bored or realizes I don’t have infinite time to play the game to be good. So addressing those issues would be beneficial. 

3) Gain attention to this game

This game is unique imo. The island system and pvp especially. I think that’s what draws me back in every time. I’m not sure if you guys want to gain players atm or continue working on the game, but it seems that there has never been a clear plan laid out to the community about this issue. I get you don’t want to be tied to a concrete plan because things change, but letting us know that there are actual plans to attract people and gain players would do some good. 

Thanks for for reading the long post!

s0nicslv244

Hello. I'm one of those players who leave and comeback each season but leave after month maybe two and here is some issues i have with the game.
For so called PVP game upgrading makes me PVE way too much. It simply needs complete revamp. Grinding same mobs for hours and after it literally get nothing is not pleasant gaming experience. Also reaching max gear is unrealistic goal to set with current upgrading system and rates unless you get super lucky. I would like to see similar upgrading system like tera, where you have to use materials to upgrade and each break don't break the item but keeps increasing your chance to upgrade with upgrade rate visible by player. Also make me login back into game by creating useful daily quests so far i found none in this game but that's maybe not true. Regarding daily quests my suggestion is creating currency for them which i can get for doing them and use to trade for actual useful items/materials etc and create PVP based dailies since this is supposed to be PVP based MMO. Also in season 3 didn't get to experience any world events and in season 2 only once (world boss) we need more of that and maybe even PVP ones.

My short answer would be make gearing up more interesting rather then mindless grind and focus on rewarding players for PVP.

Avalanched
17 hours ago, s0nicslv244 said:

Hello. I'm one of those players who leave and comeback each season but leave after month maybe two and here is some issues i have with the game.
For so called PVP game upgrading makes me PVE way too much. It simply needs complete revamp. Grinding same mobs for hours and after it literally get nothing is not pleasant gaming experience. Also reaching max gear is unrealistic goal to set with current upgrading system and rates unless you get super lucky. I would like to see similar upgrading system like tera, where you have to use materials to upgrade and each break don't break the item but keeps increasing your chance to upgrade with upgrade rate visible by player. Also make me login back into game by creating useful daily quests so far i found none in this game but that's maybe not true. Regarding daily quests my suggestion is creating currency for them which i can get for doing them and use to trade for actual useful items/materials etc and create PVP based dailies since this is supposed to be PVP based MMO. Also in season 3 didn't get to experience any world events and in season 2 only once (world boss) we need more of that and maybe even PVP ones.

My short answer would be make gearing up more interesting rather then mindless grind and focus on rewarding players for PVP.

That is the name of the game. you grind you get better gear you pvp and fuck shit up for people. thats basicly what you do. if you want a rework it will be a new game.. people play this for the competitive aspect of the first weeks. which includes grinding and gearing up the fastest. in order to be the absolute strongest in this game you also need help from tribe mates, since you need crafting as fast as possible. to make the gameplay more rewarding, you gotta get into a tribe that has the same look of the game. the game is flawed obviously. but you just gotta find the best of it, because you cant change the aspect of the game.

lXSVl

Here is a complete wild idea that I'm just going to throw out there. I remember turf battles was not all about pking all the time. If anyone was an old school player like I was and I mean OLD SCHOOL as in day 1 of beta like I was, you would remember this game was a grind. 3 months into the game and the top level was 217 and I remember we used to form full parties to level up in V2 because frozen land didnt exist for the first 3 months of the game. I remember seeing people getting trans and I being one of the very few at the time it was very rare. I remember I was a God among men with a +7 wep and +4 set with 4/3 rings owning people in ghost castle with the GermanTemplarKnights tribe when they used to exist. I used to own them not because of my set but because i used to be a level 175 while everyone else was who didnt grind as hard was always low levels like level 130s or 140s with even shittier sets than mine. Getting to level 105 and getting your master skills and rampao second floor being the only place to grind from 105 to 120 was such a pain in the ass taking up to 3 days of non stop grinding just to you can hit delphi at 120. If you were part of those times, those were the best times ever. the grinders were the ones who stood out. enemy tribes would all party together in v2 because without a full party everyone would get rekt. I think we need to go back to those times. I got all my master skill gems in one day because you could farm them in lads castle where it would always have pk wars. Maybe starting a season where leveling is a bitch and requires people to play together is what we need. Call me crazy but I thought those were the best times. When Hau had huge monkeys and gave you 5 gems per monkey. We should go back to how the beta was when it first started. Just my wild idea.

aVantage_

Iv been lurking the forums, like I always do...

One observation, is that OLD SCHOOL turf battles was when we were all kids. We could go to school, come home, and play turf battles for the whole night. Today, we are adults, we work, we come home take care of shit at home pay bills etc. Therefore, most people can do 3-4 hours of gameplay on average, and if the game becomes more of a grind, how does that make it better? Less people will be willing to play, because the amount of work that has to be put in to get anywhere. 

Other observation, the big updates come from seasonal content. Which recently has been meh. I understand next season is going to have a grand exchange of a sort, but that should not be seasonal content. It should be added to the game regardless if it’s pre season mid season or post season. It should be viewed as a quality of life update. A new island being released, that’s cool.... what’s special about it? We already have Iah, shuy, Kando, that are virtually unused at all. 

Apart from new, original, creative content, there needs to be a quality of life updates to the game with regards to certain aspects of the game. As someone stated earlier, “for a pvp game we spend a lot of time doing pve”, and to me that’s a big problem, because this game claims FAST TEAM BASED PACED PVP. Allowing people to obtain next tier gear while on a lower tier bracket, should be allowed. someone is gonna say, why should we make Nado g10 when you farm g11 jewels there. Because who gives a shit where you farm it. Eventually the idea should be that everyone is going to be geared rather equally, (except for jewelry probably) and the fights are going to lean more towards team based, skill based, and strategy based. So why should we have a ridiculous grind to get good high level items. I am not saying make it super balls easy, but not to the point where it takes pointless hours of grind, without making anything at the end. Who needs a team when you can solo the whole game if you have made some crazy op item? (Example, when enemy made his first G3 kata of the game, and shit on the entire population of Turf battles with his arm behind his back, and one eye on his second monitor). Turf battles, needs to decide what road it wants to take. If it wants a super grindfeast, sure, it can be a pve game with some pvp elements. In a pvp game, you need to gear rather quickly so you can get to the pvp aspect, or at least allow the dam brackets to work, so each bracket can be a pvp experience. In Example, restrict nado to only be g10. If yall give me that Bullshit response with "whats the point to farm rh and bt on nado, if you cant wear g11?" then i got some news for you. First, its called building up to the next tier. Even if you make gear, you still need jewels, and a character thats 200 to play. The next point is... you can farm for g12 theoretically on kando so the whole argument against limiting g10s to nado falls apart.  

Next, the game is balanced around tc buffs. Without tc buffs, you can’t do dick all. Tc buffs should assist players, but the way it is right now, you either play the game and use them or you don’t play at all. Tc buffs are a great advantage in leveling, but most important, tc buffs change an entire class in PvP. In example, a mage goes from squishy, to tank, and if you play mage and don’t have tc buffs, might as well not play mage. 

Finally, lazy management. Yes, hate me all you want for this post shockdot. Specifically mid season 2, we had no communication with the GM, and only could talk to Masta/ Whats worse is that Shockdot did not have access to a pc to even address any of the issues. He finally did address them, and by the time the changes became implemented, I got fed up with the bullshit and decided not to play anymore. That was the last time I played the game. Right now its an Endless Korean grind, with a hint or possible pvp. I’m sorry, but that’s not a fun game.

That’s my 2cents, and probably gonna go back to my rock that I was hiding under, but y’all know Iv played this game religiously for a long time. Iv since played other games, and looking back at Turf battles, I see how flawed it is, and is only surviving on the nostalgia of the good old times.

Masta

I cleaned up some posts. Stay on-topic boys and keep the good idea's coming.

Edited by Masta

Spikanor

a good balance in the turf's is something there need to think hard about it.

more like make some gear level binding that you reach that level to use that type gear grade.

like G11 gear parts can only be use if a char reach lvl 161+

and G12 gear parts level 201+

then have nado/kando iah and shuy can only be enter with G10 gear parts and then you have the best belance between turfs with pro players that have +10 G11 set on a lvl 160 char that is overpower for that place.

still there are a lot off players that gone hate it if its gone happing but what for choose you have if new players have 0% change on place like that.

and more fun event's need be place like:

exp/drop rate/upgrade weekends boost's

a hide and seek event with the GM's

kill the gm and win a price for who pk the gm.

random boss span

and keep on with the events

streaming on platforms like twitch and mixer ( and for the players that not know what mixer its a streaming platform like twitch but its for some players less laggy then twitch and its more free to use) thats what some players also can do when there are playing.

and the community most respeckt each order for how there are and not hate each other thats something i have see to most and in time's like this we need each other or the game die's for the 4th time i think and then its lost forever.

and yea my english is crap its not my first launch its dutch.