Dynamix

Seasonal Tournament

Dynamix

I have been thinking about an idea with the Seasonal Tournament.

Seasonal Tournament would be split out over all 3 months of the season, where there would be 2 qualifying rounds, and finals.

The way i would set it up is.
The Finals would have 4 or maybe even 8 team spots.
After the first month is over (30 days after season launch), there would be held a qualifying round, where people can sign up, and the top 2 or 4? teams will go through and get a spot in the finals.
After the second month is over (60 days after season launch), there would be held another qualifying round, and yet again the top 2 or 4? teams will go through and get a spot in the finals.
The finals will be held like the past tournaments, right after season ended.

People that qualify in the first round are of course not allowed to sign up for the second round, which will make the "strongest" people qualify in first round, and make people more hopeful or how ever you would say it, that they can qualify for the finals and maybe grind that last bit of gear out, and manage to beat the other teams.

What i personally think this will do, is that it will make people strive to make nutty gear even from the beginning of the season, to qualify for the finals. So you don't feel the pressure of having to grind like a crazy person all the way to the end of the season.

In MY opinion, the gear you qualify with should be "saved" so that IF YOU (like i do alot) break your gear, you can compete with the gear that you qualified with, this will probably be quite alot weaker than what people that did not break their gear at end of season have, but it will still give you a spot to actually properly play in the finals, which will HOPEFULLY make people show up for the tournament. If you are not dumb like me and break your gear, you of course use the gear you end the season with.

Gimme some feedback of the idea.

~ Dynamix

Happie

I really like this idea, it would make people actually play properly rather then "yolo this and stop playing", if you've qualified it makes people less likely to break their gear since they know that they would end up playing with worse gear in the tournament then.
Pretty sure the overall idea would make people more serious about the tournaments, it would make the tournament streams alot more interesting aswell rather then having a small sum of fights like the previous seasonal tournament.

Of course there should still also be a "free for all" tournament that should function like previous tournaments do, where people sign up freely and fight with whatever gear & stats, but atleast I feel like this would give alot more players more of a motivational push towards playing the game until the end of the seasons and not get so bored with the season halfway through that they stop playing.

Winkou

I like the idea about those qualifications but disagree with the breaking set part.

r3d3

This is Buster/Clockwork....

Even though i don't play anymore, I think the part of breaking your set and getting it back for the tournament is a bad idea. Reason being the 1 hour before you have a tournament everyone will be YOLOing there gear to get the best set. Either there set gets better which is an advantage OR they break everything and get it back anyway. If people work hard for there sets and don't break them...... they shouldn't have to fight people who broke everything and get handouts for it.

Just my opinion, have fun in season.

Dynamix

Seems you missed the point Clockwork.

If you qualify in the first month, you might qualify with a 14/13 set and 15/12 weapon - THIS is what you get for the tournament if you break ur set.
You might have 16/12 set and 17/14 weapon on the last day of season, breaking this would result in you getting to use the 14/13 set and 15/12 weapon for the tournament, which would give u a much smaller chance at winning.
I think this would make people not break their gear if they already qualified.

r3d3

Yes, but that only works for the first tournament. What if people do that for the second or last one to qualify in one of those....?

Dynamix

With my idea there would only be 2 qualifications, so after 30 days and after 60 days, which would mean even if you qualified after the 60 days, you would still be missing out on one months worth of farming if you broke your set.

Winkou

Why are we even discussing about breaking set ?

If u break ur set that's because you don't wanna play anymore so why would you be part of tournament then ?

Happie
4 hours ago, Winkou said:

Why are we even discussing about breaking set ?

If u break ur set that's because you don't wanna play anymore so why would you be part of tournament then ?

Because alot of people in the game reach a point where there's nothing but frustration, where you might spend 150 hours farming for items to upgrade, and you have like 5 times the amount you should statistically need to reach the upgrade, and you break it all anyways. At those points most people in the game break their set because they're fed up with the bs rates and usually ends up regretting it later on. With the ability to use the items you qualified for in the first tournament, as dyna stated, you will be much weaker but at that point it will be more about skill or not, and skill is something the tournaments have lacked so far, it's mainly just people tossing everything they can at each other hoping it will be enough rather then actually playing in smart manners. So it has it's pros and cons really

Winkou

I've got an other idea which saves your set once u left the game after a few weeks in !

DONT BREAK YOUR SET JUST ALT F4