Happie

Seasonal buff to production skills exp

Happie

I feel like with the frequency of seasonals the required materials and such for lvling the production skills is abit silly, doing every season is extremely tiring and quite frankly if you don't play in a large group it's extremely slow, to the point where you shouldn't even go for 200+ content if you play as 3 people or less.

So in my opinion for seasonals the experience rate of production skills should be increased, high enough to make it possible for a solo player to unlock it in a reasonable time.

And before anyone starts claiming that it's stupid or that it would make it too easy, Any group who knows how to play this game will always unlock these things within the first week either way, currently it's just a un-necessarily tedious grind as a group where you will most definitely get it either way, there's no point in it being as harsh as it is to get at all considering that even if you do unlock it, clean g12 parts will not beat the g11 parts you're currently wearing so why should it be so damn tedious to unlock it in the first place.

Edited by Happie

Happie

I like the idea but it still has another issue in it which would be reforging, it's a piece of content an EXTREMELY small amount of people actually get to use because of the 100 100 100 and reforging 100 required to properly use it, i think the time taking to get 1-100 reforging is fine as it is a powerful piece of content, but the increased speed to unlock it should make players more motivated to actually go for the reforging aswell, so i dont really believe in changing how g12 is unlocked, just the speed of it really, since if the entire method of unlocking it is changed, it means that ALL the production skills are 100% useless and only exists as a pre-grind for reforging.
So unless there's a quest made for the g12 crafter unlock and another quest for reforging, i don't feel like it should be changed since it would kill the crafting content completely.

Winkou

unlocking g12 craft is maybe 10% if not less of the reforge ginding. Speeding up those 10% won't motivate players to go for reforging : your idea is to help solo players unlocking g12 craft. You really think this will motivate a solo player to unlock reforge?

Happie
2 hours ago, Winkou said:

unlocking g12 craft is maybe 10% if not less of the reforge ginding. Speeding up those 10% won't motivate players to go for reforging : your idea is to help solo players unlocking g12 craft. You really think this will motivate a solo player to unlock reforge?

I mean that isn't even remotely true. The reforging grind is around the same time as it is to unlock the g12 crafter, the difference is that reforging is extremely good in its own aspect while g12 crafter is quite frankly stupid, you unlock the g12 crafter to start playing with rng even more then previous gear, and your gear wont be worth using until its got good stats at around 12/10 or higher.

Reforging on the other hand is good straight off the bat and is worth using even before it hits 100 depending on what you're doing.
The difference is simply:
g12 crafter = a 'must' to play end game content, and it has a stupid and pointless grind
reforging = a fully optional piece of content that helps you upgrade low stats at 100% rather then risking a high upgraded item when upgrading the low stats.

Winkou
54 minutes ago, Happie said:

The reforging grind is around the same time as it is to unlock the g12 crafter

Stopped reading here.

Happie
On 9/3/2018 at 10:52 PM, Winkou said:

Stopped reading here.

The fact that you don't actually know how long the grind to unlock reforging is shows that you're not suitable to ask for a change of it since I'm rather doubtful you've gone through it.

itskanoran
3 hours ago, Happie said:

The fact that you don't actually know how long the grind to unlock reforging is shows that you're not suitable to ask for a change of it since I'm rather doubtful you've gone through it.

no offense to DJ but we all know who carried them through the farming process everytime I'm sure this season when he has to actually do it he will change his perspectives

itskanoran

we could also instead of altering the xp rates change amounts.  like say a plant in v3 gives 3k herb why dont we x2 it so all the areas possible for materials being dropped (herb wood gemstone metal rawhide) have a x2 increase everywhere each level bracket of area increasing the quantity dropped which it currently does but x2 this will make it twice as easy to get the amount needed for the skills seasonal only.