Happie

Reworked Soul Charm

Happie

This is my suggestion for a rework of the soul charm, I think it's effect should remain as it is but due to how it currently works, it's not an item that's obtainable for everyone, ranging from people not having teams that are strong enough to deal with the pvp related to getting the reaper kills to those who simply don't have a computer that is good enough to handle logging several alts at once for the reaper kill. Currently the soul charm is an item for those who are already strong to become stronger, it's not an item that is obtainable through it's original means (gaining soul shards through pvp) and a large part of the community agrees that it does indeed need a change.

Please leave your own thoughts on the suggestion in the comments.

• Suggestion
    • Instead of using the soul shard to level up the soul charm through an npc together with x50 soul shards I figured it could work similar to how the earrings currently work. So instead it should be possible to combine x10 soul shards into a soul gem which can then be used on the soul charm to attempt upgrading it by one level, these gems should be possible to fail but only past the level of 100 and with increasing levels they should start dropping in success rate in a linear fashion, that means that each level past 100 should decrease the success rate by the same amount until the gem is at a 25% success rate, I don't think it should go any lower then that and it should hit that 25% at around lv800-900 soul charm.
    • The second part is the reaper, instead of having the reaper drop soul shards it should drop a reaper gem, this gem would work the same way as the soul gems would work but should have twice the chance of upgrading the soul charm. One gem should be given to each member in the party defeating the reaper while the player causing the last hit should be rewarded with two.

• Side Note One
    • This would make the x3 shard scrolls alot more appealing to use as they currently are rather pointless other then for reaper, there's no big reward in using them as the hefty amount of x50 soul shards is a huge amount when you need to obtain it a thousand times so with these changes it would most likely make them worth using in pvp wars aswell.
  • Side Note Two
    • The cool down that earrings currently have should not be part of this change, adding a cool down to attempting upgrades to your item is completely pointless and causes a lot of frustration, I strongly doubt there's anyone in the community that would favor having a cool down on upgrading anything over having no cool down.
  • Side Note Three
    • Players who already have leveled soul charms should keep their leveled soul charms, I don't see any reason to why they shouldn't be able to keep their current soul charms and if a replacement is required incase a new item has to be created, the npc that is currently used to level the soul charm should be able to replace your old soul charm for one of a equivalent level.

Links related to this topic

New Gems