Happie

Turf Protection

Happie

Hello, something I've noticed this season a lot more then previous seasons (although it's always been an issue) is the defender crystal camping on turfs. People in this game will have their spites and grudges against each other but due to how the games turfs and ownership works, even if you do take an island it doesn't mean you can actually farm it, So I figured I might aswell post a suggestion for turf protection. I'm sure there's alot of different opinions on this matter (especially from those who are the ones camping the defenders) but I do believe this would help out to decrease frustration and anger between tribes ontop of being more friendly towards people with less gear, since with the new anouncement of who and which tribe takes the turf, it's basically like ringing a "free pkp" bell for those people who are so pk point hungry that they almost resort to killing low level leveling parties.

• Suggestion
    • This suggestion is very simple, when a tribe takes ownership of a turf there should be a timer started where the turf is "protected". This meaning that for the next ~15 minutes or so the only people who can set foot on the island would be those using the defender crystal to teleport in. I do not see this time limit as unfair in any way considering that 15 minutes of farming barely gains you anything but it's enough to make it worth taking a turf. There's simply been too much defender camping and the whole "no farm" attitude because of spite towards other tribes keeps escalating making things worse and worse, so from my perspective this could help solve a few of those issues since people can't just sit down right at the defender crystal to camp whoever enters while waiting for the guardian to respawn.

PhajEjHmoob

I really like this idea but i would increase the time to 30 mins protection minimum or until gaurds up. My reasoning for pushing 30 mins is because most pk hungry or really petty ass people will just come and repeat the process of camping like you stated. Lets be honest 15 mins isn't worth even farming in my opinion. It will definitly be more helpful towards the under geared population if this goes through. It might even push people from lower lvls to go towards end game content.

*Side Note: One flaw to this plan is that the whole thing with taking an island with alt tribe will make it nearly impossible for noobs to take islands. This is really an issue that needs to be dealt with some how. 

Edited by PhajEjHmoob
Typo

Happie
1 minute ago, PhajEjHmoob said:

*Side Note: One flaw to this plan is that the whole thing with taking an island with alt tribe will make it nearly impossible for noobs to take islands. This is really an issue that needs to be dealt with some how. 

I fully agree with this, and I thought that was a rule that was set up with the update which made tribes unable to attack their own guardians, being allowed to kill your own guards using alts in another tribe means it was completely pointless to even bother with the update to begin with since the effect is still the same, one can simply just jump back and forth between the tribes if the tribe co's/leaders are online, so you technically don't even need alts to do it, just two tribes with atleast 5 people in them.

shockdot
On 10/26/2018 at 5:55 PM, Happie said:

I fully agree with this, and I thought that was a rule that was set up with the update which made tribes unable to attack their own guardians, being allowed to kill your own guards using alts in another tribe means it was completely pointless to even bother with the update to begin with since the effect is still the same, one can simply just jump back and forth between the tribes if the tribe co's/leaders are online, so you technically don't even need alts to do it, just two tribes with atleast 5 people in them.

Closing the topic as the idea was added.