Welph

Rampaotemple

Welph

Hello everyone. In the last couple of months, I've been working on an idea that I'd like to share with the rest of you and the GM's of course.

My idea is about making Rampaotemple more useable in the game or rather in the late/endgame.

To those who don't know it, Rampaotemple is sort of a dungeon where players can level up from 180 to 280 in two different instances and get a little bit of level 12 materials while doing that.
In my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful and well-designed places in Turf Battles, and I think it's so sad to see this place not used. A couple of days ago, I went there to take these screenshots, and I seriously felt like walking through spider web.

https://gyazo.com/3496f275616d1dbeb58ce479b503ab42

https://gyazo.com/e7bfb02c42f68767e64539f18b6becf2

A nice place like this is kind of lost content in Turf Battles because it only concerns players between level 180 to 280. Not that the intension is bad, because we do need to get through these levels. The problem is that 180 to 280 is not a level people stay in for a very long time. Actually, it takes less than a week for most people to get on the other side of level 280, and then Rampaotemple is a closed chapter until the next Season. And for the players who didn't catch up with their teammates to get past level 280, Rampaotemple isn't relevant because you need a bigger group of players to complete the instance with success. In those cases, places like Frozenland, Hau and V3 are good alternatives to Rampaotemple. I would really like to see this place used more, and for that to happen, I've got a suggestion.

My suggestion is to make a new Rampaotemple instance with focus on loot rewards instead of exp. The instance should be entered by groups of players offering two different levels of difficulty: One for players between level 280 to 300 and another for players with level 300+. Also, people can choose the level of difficulty for the instance by going as a 7 man party or as a 15 man party as we already know from the games instances. The structure of the instance should go as we already know it: The duration is on 0-140 minutes, and if the party completes the instance before 20 minutes, each of the members will get a bonus reward: An instance coin and a chest with rewards. As to the cooldown of the instance, I think it should be more like an event instead of something people can do over and over again because that would be too unfair for some people. My suggestion is to give the instance a 5-hour cooldown, and let it be open for people to enter for 30 minutes and then close it again. So every 5 hours there would be event announcements in the chat like these:

"The Rampaotemple instance is now open for players from level 280 - 350 for 30 minutes"
"The Rampaotemple instance is now open for players from level 280 - 350 for 20 minutes"
"The Rampaotemple instance is now open for players from level 280 - 350 for 10 minutes"
"The Rampaotemple instance is now closed"

And if a party enters the instance in the last minute, they will still have all the 140 minutes to complete the instance.

Here is an example of how the instance window could look like:

https://gyazo.com/33841957d3a3e72ca1430c7d77a2bf80

If the leader of the party is above level 300 and chooses the 301+ instance, all the 300- players will be automatically kicked out of the party and the same the other way around, if the leader is 300 or under and chooses the 280-300 instance, all the 300+ members of the party will be kicked. If the leader of the party chooses the 7-man party instance, the last 8 members of the party will be kicked.

Here is an example of how the in-game Rampaotemple guide could look like:

https://gyazo.com/a4c97cb8559cd8a49945fe4a604853a1

And the bonus chest guide:

https://gyazo.com/a3aaa436939ea2e42dc7d46b7a2c25b6

As you see, I think each player who would like to enter the instance should sacrifice 1 Ladians Grace, just like players have to when entering one of the two existing Rampaotemples. This would force players to farm Ladians Grace in the colourzones. You could add the Ladians Grace to the turf shop to be purchased for the small sum of 1 or 2 TC each. As for the groups that don't complete the instance within the 20 minutes and therefore don't get the bonus rewards, I think the Ladians Grace should be send back to each of the players' inventory as a kind of losing reward.

In the last picture, I've added some examples of what the bonus chest rewards could be. I think that the rewards are pretty realistic and fair as all the items is something that people could actually farm pretty easy except for the Rare rewards, but those items have to find their place somewhere in the game. It should of cause be harder to get a G3 Desau than to get a Supreme Sephriroth gem, but that's not up to me to decide that succesrate. But I don't think it's an unfair or bad idea to get rewards as a G3 Desau: At the moment, obtaining a Desau amulet is a crazy, lonely and weird grind where players make one man instances in Frozenland to autoattack 3 bosses with their Kata while they clean up their apartment. My idea could be another equally difficult way to get those amulets in a more fun way with other players and where the success is based on the chest and not on who gets the last hit on the boss.

This whole idea would also bring a little more group-PVE to the game. Right now, the game has mostly PVP and lonely PVE grinds except when it concerns leveling. If we look at games like World Of Warcraft or Elderscrolls Online, they also have dungeons that players can work together to complete to get some rewards.

I hope the pictures can make my ideas more visual and easier to follow. I've experienced that the message gets a little further when I bring something visual on how my thoughts go.

I hope you will all read the suggestion and of cause comment on it if you have something to say or share.

Best regards

/Welph