itskanoran

Season 5 update AGRO

itskanoran

I'm sure most people will agree when I say please revert it to the way it was before  There is 0 chance you tested this and thought it was okay.

agro on islands was messed up yeti and mobs teleporting on top of you etc

didnt pay attention to it till 100+ polluted lake fish move to slow to be viable.

east lad in general especially cliffs of despair and tainted lands are almost impossible to level if you want to lure making farming orbs for vice gear very difficult.

V3 isnt to bad except the whole higher dps holding agro most of the time 

V4 is annoying as hell everything follows you everywhere including bosses can legit take bosses out of their rooms and before you could safe spot them as a mage now it's impossible so you just get pelted.

FL we have completed it a few times and it's not easy to do in the time limit. we got highest dps being the tanks. the archer mobs legit teleport ontop of you and ikal and yeshi you somehow made them 3x slower and you can stand inside of senow and take 0 damage.

HAU isnt to bad besides highest dps being the entire agro and when witch dies the orks are way to slow and barely keep up with the rest of the mobs while luring.

will update this in a few days about cata island but seeing all this other content its gonna be terrible I can tell

Dirge07

The aggro changes completely screwed up monster movement. Kiting mobs as a mage that never managed to hit you once, somehow manage to teleport right in front of your face after 2 spell casts. Trying to even stack and farm badflies in Veros, that are known for being extremely slow, just catch up to you, they might not hurt a lot but they shouldn't even be able to get into your range in the first place.

shockdot
2 hours ago, itskanoran said:

I'm sure most people will agree when I say please revert it to the way it was before  There is 0 chance you tested this and thought it was okay.

will update this in a few days about cata island but seeing all this other content its gonna be terrible I can tell

The monster changes aren't being reverted back. The changes were tested & passed those tests. Some of what you list are intended functionality so as to make PvE more realistic, logical,& challenging. If a monster attacks you, it's because they are close enough to be attacking you, if you don't want that to happen while kiting, you need to increase your move speed or find a way to increase the gap between you and their attacks.

That being said, there are over 15000 monsters in the game! It's obvious, or at least it should be, that there will be minor bugs/glitches in its early stages (as was mentioned several times in game). You simply need report it & we'll look into it if it's an issue or intended.

agro on islands was messed up yeti and mobs teleporting on top of you etc

The issue with the Yetti's was fixed for the next restart. What other monsters specifically on islands "teleport" on top of you. The yetti's were due to the fact that they aren't supposed to move. However, if I recall... That's the only monster of that type on islands (monsters that don't move).

didnt pay attention to it till 100+ polluted lake fish move to slow to be viable.

Just tested this area & not seeing any issues here, also have noticed quite a few people leveling at this location in the last few days.

east lad in general especially cliffs of despair and tainted lands are almost impossible to level if you want to lure making farming orbs for vice gear very difficult.

I think the issue here is that there are more ranged based monsters introduced (which originally should have been ranged based... as that's what they were designed for). We aren't reverting ALL the ranged based monsters. However, as was mentioned before, we are willing to reduce their quantity. Simply give us monster specific names & we'll look into them.

V3 isnt to bad except the whole higher dps holding agro most of the time 

That's not exactly true. Blade warriors have double threat generation. So they should be able to take agro from other players. However, as was mentioned before we will be introducing different ways to generate higher threat levels.

V4 is annoying as hell everything follows you everywhere including bosses can legit take bosses out of their rooms and before you could safe spot them as a mage now it's impossible so you just get pelted.

The whole "safe spot" thing was technically an exploit, and not something we intend to bring back. What should be happening is monsters that can move, chase you. Monsters that can't move become ranged & can attack so long as you are agroed and they can see you. The issue is when you get into dungeon based zones, like Delphiroth... There is much less room for this strict logic (due to walls). I'll see what can be done here.

FL we have completed it a few times and it's not easy to do in the time limit. we got highest dps being the tanks. the archer mobs legit teleport ontop of you and ikal and yeshi you somehow made them 3x slower and you can stand inside of senow and take 0 damage.

This is the same issue as the Yetti's. Fixed the archers for next restart.

Senow was given a melee attack by our script, but a physical AP of 1, fixed.

Fixed Ikal & Yeshi's move speed.

HAU isnt to bad besides highest dps being the entire agro and when witch dies the orks are way to slow and barely keep up with the rest of the mobs while luring.

We've increased the move speed of the Zombie Orcs, that was the slowest one on Hau... so I'm guessing that's the one you meant.

I'm going to make a script that will auto fix monsters with the agro issue (teleporting) and the 0 damage that Senow had.

shockdot
2 hours ago, Dirge07 said:

The aggro changes completely screwed up monster movement. Kiting mobs as a mage that never managed to hit you once, somehow manage to teleport right in front of your face after 2 spell casts. Trying to even stack and farm badflies in Veros, that are known for being extremely slow, just catch up to you, they might not hurt a lot but they shouldn't even be able to get into your range in the first place.

Tested Badfly's. I can see what you mean, but it's not a guaranteed hit. They're moving still slow enough that you should be able to kite them as long as you're careful. Most of the current move speed value changes were set to what these monsters were originally intended to be by the original developers. In other words, they're set to move as fast as they did in AG TB & Sephiroth.

I pulled 10 full lures and never once saw them teleport in front of me, but I'm assuming you just meant some monsters in general.

Dirge07
22 hours ago, shockdot said:

Tested Badfly's. I can see what you mean, but it's not a guaranteed hit. They're moving still slow enough that you should be able to kite them as long as you're careful. Most of the current move speed value changes were set to what these monsters were originally intended to be by the original developers. In other words, they're set to move as fast as they did in AG TB & Sephiroth.

I pulled 10 full lures and never once saw them teleport in front of me, but I'm assuming you just meant some monsters in general.

More specifically I tested with Orc Warriors and Badflies. Orc Warriors near West Windmill have really inconsistent MS and their attacks sometimes seem like they just hit you from range, while Badflies are faster than you while kiting them. As an archer with 120% MS the Badflies still manage to reach me if I kite in circles or a straight line. Now try to put it into perspective of mages, who have maybe 108% MS at that level and usually AOE pull. Circle strafing is increbily risky for them because no mage stats VIT before getting 700 Red/Blue and since you don't want to just pause for 10 seconds to gain a good enough range advantage on the mobs that gets instantly removed after 2 spell casts on the mobs. Either implement the new movement changes only on East Lad monsters or tune the movement speed so you can actually kite safely before you get 120%+ MS on monsters who shouldn't be difficult to kite in the first place.

shockdot
1 hour ago, Dirge07 said:

More specifically I tested with Orc Warriors and Badflies. Orc Warriors near West Windmill have really inconsistent MS and their attacks sometimes seem like they just hit you from range, while Badflies are faster than you while kiting them. As an archer with 120% MS the Badflies still manage to reach me if I kite in circles or a straight line. Now try to put it into perspective of mages, who have maybe 108% MS at that level and usually AOE pull. Circle strafing is increbily risky for them because no mage stats VIT before getting 700 Red/Blue and since you don't want to just pause for 10 seconds to gain a good enough range advantage on the mobs that gets instantly removed after 2 spell casts on the mobs. Either implement the new movement changes only on East Lad monsters or tune the movement speed so you can actually kite safely before you get 120%+ MS on monsters who shouldn't be difficult to kite in the first place.

Perhaps players should start thinking of focusing outside of simply going blue/red... This change isn't being reversed, but I'll look at Orc Warriors.