Masta

It's time for change

Would you like us to add a new server with the listed changes?  

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you like us to add a new server with the listed changes?

• Yes
    • No

Masta

It's Time for change!

Hey guys, Masta here!

Over the last couple of years we have seen the game we love to play evolve. We had a brilliant open beta, season servers, tournaments with amazing prizes. All things that people not that long ago said that never could be achieved.Because guys never forgot that this company and this game had been made by Turf Battle players! But I think it's time for a change, and not a small one.

I've talked with hundreds of players over the years when I played this game and joined the Eonic games team. The number 1 complaint was that the game is to focused around the item mall. And that it's hard to play without it. And let's be honest guys its kinda ish true.. I've heard all the pro's and cons about this argument trust me but fact is the game is balanced around it.
But that is not necessarily a bad thing! Simply because the server doesn't run on water and it costed a lot of money to make a high quality server for a pretty old game engine. I think we can find a way to combine both. So increasing the quality of the game by making it more free to play while also having enough income for the company to make it viable.

So what would change and how would it look like?

Things that would be Removed:
Zipped Hard Potions
Zipped Marvelous potions
Zipped Might potions
1000MP Scrolls
3000HP Scrolls
Magic defense scrolls
Attack power potions
Move speed scrolls
All perfect gems
Demonic items

What would increase in price?
Subscriptions
And most of the other item mall buffs.

Again we cannot make a change as big as this without putting it in another spot. This way the game gets way more enjoyable and more affordable for players that don't have the money.
Would you rather play a server with 100 people where 80% has more than enough money to buy TC buffs or do you want to play a server with 500 players where only 20% buys TC? of course these figures are made up
But I am basing this on the amount of complaints and experiences I've had with previous versions of Turf Battles.

Removing these things alone would make the game unbalanced. So all the classes would need to be redone to make them survive without these buffs. This will also include the amount of stats g11 and g12 give you.
This all will need to be redone. Which comes to the second part of my story; G12's. G12s are over tuned and turned the game into Tank battles.
Introducing a change like this will let us re balance G12 gear and also opens the door for future content. So no more Tank Battles!

So want to hear the biggest change?
- We need to make a new server. We cannot do something like this without starting over.
- Season server will stop
- This server will exist next to the Tri server.

I am curious what you guys think about this. I believe if we can get enough people behind this we can make this game great again!

#maketbgreatagain

Gr's
Masta

Dynamix
6 minutes ago, Masta said:

It's Time for change!

Hey guys, Masta here!

Over the last couple of years we have seen the game we love to play evolve. We had a brilliant open beta, season servers, tournaments with amazing prizes. All things that people not that long ago said that never could be achieved.Because guys never forgot that this company and this game had been made by Turf Battle players! But I think it's time for a change, and not a small one.

I've talked with hundreds of players over the years when I played this game and joined the Eonic games team. The number 1 complaint was that the game is to focused around the item mall. And that it's hard to play without it. And let's be honest guys its kinda ish true.. I've heard all the pro's and cons about this argument trust me but fact is the game is balanced around it.
But that is not necessarily a bad thing! Simply because the server doesn't run on water and it costed a lot of money to make a high quality server for a pretty old game engine. I think we can find a way to combine both. So increasing the quality of the game by making it more free to play while also having enough income for the company to make it viable.

So what would change and how would it look like?

Things that would be Removed:
Zipped Hard Potions
Zipped Marvelous potions
Zipped Might potions
1000MP Scrolls
3000HP Scrolls
Magic defense scrolls
Attack power potions
Move speed scrolls
All perfect gems
Demonic items

What would increase in prize?
Subscriptions
And most of the other item mall buffs.

Again we cannot make a change as big as this without putting it in another spot. This way the game gets way more enjoyable and more affordable for players that don't have the money.
Would you rather play a server with 100 people where 80% has more than enough money to buy TC buffs or do you want to play a server with 500 players where only 20% buys TC? of course these figures are made up
But I am basing this on the amount of complaints and experiences I've had with previous versions of Turf Battles.

Removing these things alone would make the game unbalanced. So all the classed would need to be redone to make them survive without these buffs. This will also include the amount of stats g11 and g12 give you.
This all will need to be redone. Which comes to the second part of my story; G12's. G12s are over tuned and turned the game into Tank battles.
Introducing a change like this will let us re balance G12 gear and also opens the door for future content. So no more Tank Battles!

So want to hear the biggest change?
- We need to make a new server. We cannot do something like this without starting over.
- Season server will stop
- This server will exist next to the Tri server.

I am curious what you guys think about this. I believe if we can get enough people behind this we can make this game great again!

#maketbgreatagain

Gr's
Masta

Yes! This is by far the best suggestion i have read in a while!
New server, new balancing thats not based around tc buffs, no unkillable players in absurd def/mdef values!

One thing i would suggest you add to this tho, would be the fact that vit should become diminishing returns, this way you wont see the 30k hp archers either.

I can say for myself at least, i am 100% okay with the fact most of the Item mall items become more expensive. As long as it DOESNT end up being stupid costly to get urself exp and drop buffs, which are well, the only things u will really need then.

The game would become so fun again, if the values got rebalanced so that we could again have fun around that current +8 set defense/mdef.
I do not think its ONLY the g12's that has caused this problem tho. Getting 6 mdef per level on jewelry, is absurd high.

Im sure this idea would bring back alot of people, and im sure there is alot of people that would want this to succeed.

Great idea Masta. Im looking forward to seeing this succeed. :) 

~ Dynamix

WinkouS3

too much of a lost for players who actively played this for now 3 years, big threat of community division.

Pure

For me It's a big YES! If the game was balanced correctly, and we no longer had to rely on TC buffs for every fight I think it would be a massive step in the right direction. As it stands at the moment TC buffs are must have to compete.

As for the argument that we're splitting the community, we split the community every season and 90% of the people in seasons don't go on to play Tri, and the few who do, don't stay long before they leave / Afk lads all day.

Seasons have been slowly decreasing in population each and every season and i think we need something new and innovative like this to bring a larger audience back to the game. The people who play Tri can still continue to play Tri, as they do while the rest normally go to seasons.

I think we need something like this or i fear the game will continue to slowly lose players until It's just no fun to play anymore.

urden

we play  Turfbattles 2006 -2019  .. game have g12 items and g11 items 18/14 g12 weapon same to +10 weapon we get easy season 2 +10 weapon now we cant make 18/14 weapon  problam .. i dont need remove scrolls.. but maybe litle tc 100x mdef scrol 15 tc 100x drop 25 tc maybe ? item succes rate low.. g3 ap to slow eonic weapon only use fist warrior and Blade warrior  he idiot planed .  and g12 farm farm farm farm .. Craft problam .. + hard to psa stat.. only healt mana min max bad. we need same to g11 g12 ıupgrade bt rh .. no option ...or Remove min heal max mana ..

uniqued

+1 to Pure

I started pretty late into season... by the time i got some TC which was super hard, to actually find some1 to trade me some TC for gems/items, server seemed to be already dying fast.. and ye with this small amount of TC i wasnt even thinking about buffs.. maybe i would get some weapon.. but in pvp i would still prolly run mana-bow, because i wouldnt have buffs, dmg, etc to actually pvp properly..

Good change.

Welph
21 minutes ago, WinkouS3 said:

too much of a lost for players who actively played this for now 3 years, big threat of community division.

I agree..

powerplant

after spending way to much € on this game :P   i still agree with this idea. but rather see it abit more extreme. no drop + exp buffs either in the item mall.

just make the item mall for cosmetic. maybe some new pet transmutes, monthly costumes. some tribe expansion slots etc etc.

i have readed a post some where saying to lock a seasonal server for some time at a set max level  i suggest doing that to the new server aswell  cap it at 160  200  300 350.

also give players a change to get some eonic cash back  by offering a npc  to sell your items on tri server to.

because this change will actually make allot of players quit tri server.

Anony16

Theres already a community division...

There is barely an economy on the tri server. I don't have the time to keep up with season and I stopped playing tri due to the fact I can't sell a damn thing. <- thats a community division within itself.

Many people were opposed to season when it first came around. Some of those people opposed it because they didn't want the items they worked hard for to feel useless and unutilized due to the server they play on being dead every couple months and lasting for 3+ months. To them, their hard work already feels like a waste. So this doesn't really change things in that aspect.

On the other hand, you have one of the biggest reasons people play season: the PvP and the rush to be the best, first...because lets be real, we're all here playing this game because of how good it feels to be a beast in PvP....but theres a reason people who play season go inactive when thats their only other option to plain old tri...tri just feels abused...rode hard and put away wet.

We should be looking at more ideas to increase the excitement with long-term PvP. The rush to be the best is one thing, but that will die out with a long-term server...what could be changed or added to keep it fresh and exciting? More tournaments with in-game rewards useful in PvP/upgrading between tribes perhaps? A Turf Battles version of Battle Royale where 20+ players are pitted together and only 1 man can win? Maybe even allowing battles where all participants have maxed out gear, so people can really try classes and decide what they like and balancing can be thoroughly tested by all playstyles?

TL;DR if it's a choice between this and season continuing, I say +1 for Masta and this suggestion.

P.S.: +1000000 to removing PvP buffs/TC pots (although mages should get a better alternative to mini marvs..)

Edited by Anony16

buetti09

I agree with Masta that it's time for a change, but not in every aspect.
I'm 100% behind the idea that the pvp need to be balanced so, that it's not focused around the item mall and ofc. a fix for g12 gear.
The pvp buffs, zipped potions and demonics should be removed from the item mall.
Demonics should still be obtainable through the ssc grind (takes 200 perfect runs with 6 or 7 chars).

I'm against the idea of releasing a brand new server for it.
For the players that are playing tri-server after the seasons it would be to much of a loss and a punch in their face.

Now players are saying that it's not possible to compete with the players on tri after a season, because of the decisions that were made in the past,
but that's not true. If a player keeps working on his gear during the season, he can compete with them on tri server.
The players probably wont have full g3 desaus or a 1k sc at the end of a season, but a few g2 desaus and a sc lvl 100-300 or even higher is doable on season.
After the season it's possible to keep farming them.
I know that new players get slapped on kando, duan because of the 10/9 sets that were created in s1 because of the sups, but in the end the
result gonna be the same on the new server. After a few weeks they wont get rekt by 10/9 sets, but by 9/8 sets.
Not everyone on Tri-Server is running around with a full 9 jewelry set.

Supreme gems made it during season 1 much easier to get 10/9 sets and jewelry, because it was just a brainless breaking of items. After some time you got the items.
With the release of g12 jewelry (droprate of it needs to be fixed) and fantastic gems, 9 jewelry, 10/9 sets are doable, but you need to grind it.

Shadow

AAA

Edited by Shadow
Made new post instead since the thread hasnt become big yet.

ibuytriset

A

Edited by ibuytriset
H

UNDEFEATED

I do not believe new season not farm battles pay2win     eonic games always win pay   remove g12 make new server only g11 items very good make max +10 sets weapon +11  but remove to fantastic gems sup rh sup sc   make delp gme 5 tc   1 band broke 400+ tcc for good stat    or remove craft all make g12 ssolo game not only team game have so many play solo player  he not make g12 item remove rawhide gem stone herb wood metal    only mats gc mats and v3 mats  shi planed g12 craft and reforging .. 

Fantasy

+1 for this idea.

I would also overwork the lvling system. It should be alot slower to get lvls.

And it would need new tc items (no idea what yet) to get enough to keep the server alive since this idea would be a huge lose of income to the game.

B1 : Tri

B2 : new server

Kratos

It's a nice idea, but it will divide the community into three servers. You can turn off all servers to open a new server. Season server must be removed from all forms.Players who spend money have to think about their accounts can contribute to a certain Ecoin. It could be a little silly. But why not get back to the community?

If we come to TC buffs prices hetb prices can be taken as an example. The goal here is not in the forefront of money, or something changing will not happen.The money has hit this game.Gems that make a difference between players can be removed. 

G12 in the game may be nice idea to remove. Another thought production skill needs to be removed from the game. Because the player has to make a G12, which causes many players to leave the game.Everyone needs to be able to do it without any need.Let there be an equality.

Get the maximum lvl 300.

I think you brought this nerf game to this point. When there is always a problem, the purpose of the nerf is to make the character that one plays strong.

Finally, I want to set an example of the hetb economy. Even the B2 had an active player community. TC is not in the foreground but in the background.

I'm sorry for bad English. Thank you

Edited by Kratos

Kami
1+ to buetti
I am also against a new server. The people who plays alot on tri server would waste all this time for what? Sure tri isnt that populated now when there is a season going on but it would get more dead than ever. If the game was overcrowded I would love this idea but yeah, we aren't that many playing this version atm.
I would like to see a season without pay2play, balanced pvp and what Fantasy wrote about the lvling system. Just to see if people actually stick around for the 3 months and not breaking their gear after 1. Maybe it would be diffrent when it's a whole new server but idk.
I like the idea but I dont think it is the solution for our problem. If we want a fresh start we need to wipe tri server aswell and I dont think people would like that.
Edited by Kami

goney_0

On 6/7/2019 at 3:38 PM, buetti09 said:

For the players that are playing tri-server after the seasons it would be to much of a loss and a punch in their face.

i agree with buetti. you dont need to make a new server to implement these kind of changes. 

Godhammer

first of all, fulfill the demands of the players, then let's move on to other issues. we work so hard on the game, and we have the right to make money from the game. most people in the game support item sales for USD.first, perform the players ' wishes, let us believe in your sincerity.if you want to move again, do not expect players to play on the new server again.

Masta
On 6/8/2019 at 0:38 AM, buetti09 said:

I agree with Masta that it's time for a change, but not in every aspect.
I'm 100% behind the idea that the pvp need to be balanced so, that it's not focused around the item mall and ofc. a fix for g12 gear.
The pvp buffs, zipped potions and demonics should be removed from the item mall.
Demonics should still be obtainable through the ssc grind (takes 200 perfect runs with 6 or 7 chars).

Now players are saying that it's not possible to compete with the players on tri after a season, because of the decisions that were made in the past,
but that's not true. If a player keeps working on his gear during the season, he can compete with them on tri server.
The players probably wont have full g3 desaus or a 1k sc at the end of a season, but a few g2 desaus and a sc lvl 100-300 or even higher is doable on season.
I know that new players get slapped on kando, duan because of the 10/9 sets that were created in s1 because of the sups, but in the end the
result gonna be the same on the new server. After a few weeks they wont get rekt by 10/9 sets, but by 9/8 sets.

Supreme gems made it during season 1 much easier to get 10/9 sets and jewelry, because it was just a brainless breaking of items. After some time you got the items.
With the release of g12 jewelry (droprate of it needs to be fixed) and fantastic gems, 9 jewelry, 10/9 sets are doable, but you need to grind it.

I understand that for the people playing on Tri-server this could feel like a punch in the face, really there is no easy solution for this. But again I've talked with so many players these last 3 years that also felt being punched in the face after they ran out of potions and couldn't play the game how it is supposed to play anymore. so they quit. I rather take a big risk than watch this game slowly bleeding to death. These changes simple cannot happen on a server that runs for 3 years now. We tried with regular updates, season servers etc. They worked for a while but the effect has ran out. I see multiple good idea's on these forums that can't be implanted for the simple reason that this server is already running for 3 years and some things cannot be reversed.

On 6/8/2019 at 0:38 AM, buetti09 said:

You are missing the entire point, this is not about people having a advantage gear wise. This is about stuff that has been given out cannot be taken away. And by taking those things away people still benefited from it so it would be even more unfair for new players. People ask for something to happen. I say let's get out of our comfort zone and start something drastically. Let's say this new server does happen, Nobody says you need to play it. The main reason is to bring back old players and make it more attractive for new players so we can make our community bigger again. I've heard the counter arguments and that people are saying this will kill Tri-server. if it does it must do something right in my mind. Sometimes you need to start over and admit things went wrong. I am asking everyone to help me fix this.

Possibility's are endless on a new server. We can ask Ricky to change things he simple cannot change because of the points I stated above.

Edited by Masta

Masta
15 hours ago, goney_0 said:

i agree with buetti. you dont need to make a new server to implement these kind of changes. 

The point of this entire post is to bring back old players and attractive new ones. Both of those won't happen when you remove content or items that the current players benefited from for 3 years. It will make it even harder to catch up...

Edited by Masta

Shadow

Sorry guys. I like you and all. But I simply disagree with your opinions regarding not opening a new server. 

You guys are saying no, to a new server, without one single good reason. 

Winkou/DJ - Game is already divided. Those who play tri and the majority who don't. If anything a new server would bring back lost players and those who choose not to play on tri. 
Active players can continue playing TRI. No one is forcing them to go to new server. Look at what @Pure is saying, this is all true. We have been losing players for every season that goes by and those play stay less on seasons now than before. 

Buetti - Same as DJ. What punch in the face? No one is forcing you to stop play tri.... You can continue playing tri with the little community that exists there. Have you forgotten how many western players we've lost so far? How many asians tribes? Mob_ally used to have more players than several active tribes on tri combined. This is not a punch in the face, this is the best chance we have to revive the game. If this doesn't work, then most likely nothing will. 

Kami - How many players do you think will actually stay around for full 3 months and how many players do you think will return when lvling is slower? It sucks for us that want to have permanent server, that we after every season are forced to go to tri server. There is no way people that have quit this game will come back when leveling is harder on TRI/Seasonals... The only reason we have seasons is because people wanted to catch up to TRI server... The suggestion that is floating around about slowing down the leveling is pure shit. How are people that cant play non stop and work 5 days a week + live normal social lifes supposed to catch up to tri server when the xp is nerfed?..... Every season we lose more and more players... Even right now if you're not among the strong groups, you are already fucked with the xp we have. 

Even if you slow it down with brackets,120 - 160 - 200 -300 - 350 every week or so, how are people going to have time to make gear to catch up to TRI-server, while they are being dominated in every bracket by the major tribes?  

Goney_0 / Godhammer - Players will play on the new server. Especially if the TC shop is nerfed. If anything a new server would be the best to revive this game. I do agree with godhammer. For this to work, the wishes of the community have to be heard and honored. 

If anything I've seen so far. Most of the people that want to nerf XP and don't want a new server are those who have several 300+ accounts on tri and are geared. You have not brought one single suggestion about how to bring back lost players and revive the game again. All I've seen is how the game is going to get killed more by these suggestions. 

And now some suggestions for new server: 

I'm talking from a PRO new server standpoint.  I will try to keep it as short as possible. ( +1 for new server) 

- TC Shop: Remove everything that affects PvP. Including Fantastic Gems and Stat remover (this is due to crafting suggestion).  Maybe keep XP/Drop buffs. Add custom pet models that can be bought. Custom player transformations (make these monthly or permanent, instead of some scrolls). More inventories, more BAGS.  More ease of life items like the quiver; 1 month permanent tp scroll, 1 month hawkeye that's always active. Empty pouches that you can fill with gems, so instead pouching  you would use scroll and it would pouch for you.  So many possibilities.

- Subscription: Add Auto leni/materials pick up (FFS), Larger storage pool (maybe add shared storages if shock can fix dupes), Increase XP/Drop gain(If server xp is nerfed), Subscription Teleporter(v1,v2,v3,v4, Rampaos), Make it so subcribers dont need shit like ladians grace and egg shells to go into instances, Remove cooldown on Instances... Npc that lets you choose which basic pets you get when you level them or always can change pet at your choice.  I can honestly keep going. 

- Classes: Everyone has pointed out the PvP aspect and their opinions on that, so I won't visit that. I'd  like to see some balances to the PvE aspect also. Example; some things we saw, back when the server was starting off, melees had larger aoe range than the visuals (remember talking about this with scotty), more damage to melee class aoe? Make so monster damage is linear with gear progress, going from g5 to g9 should be helpful.

-Crafting: This shit sucks. Remove it if possible. It's not reasonable to farm a couple of hours to get 5 bows so you can just shit stat em. Make em common drop like g11's. Ofcourse that also means the upgrade rates would be nerfed with em. Psycologically speaking, it's more enjoyable to break shit when upgradin, than it is to farm for a couple of hours, craft and get shit statted items. This time could instead be spent  farming the items themselves and breaking them. 

A rework for crafting that is also a possibility:

Rename crafter to "Refiner".
What this means is that instead of crafting g12 gear. They would be dropped by monsters as commonly as the g11. 
You would farm the refiner as you do already with the crafter.
What you can do with the refiner is bring an equipment piece to the refiner with the material costs and the gear piece, in return you would get a perfectly statted equipment piece equal to the one you brought to npc. 

Example: You take g12 bow or body armor to the npc + the materials needed. It will take the bow or armor (even if they are shit statted) and the materials. In return you would get perfect statted bow (psa/pa/crit/asr) and/or perfect statted body armor (def/crit/mdef/dex).

Some things that would have to be considered are that the g12 success rate might have to be nerfed. Also adding this is a perfect oppoturnity reworking AP/Defence values on g12. 

-Leveling: Make it harder on the new server. Let people specialise in brackets like back in the day. Nado/Duan/GC/Cata. Also remove the CD for the dungeons/instances, it sucks to be stuck in a forced cool down, when players want to keep playing with the limited time they have. There have been alot of cool suggestions for leveling and I really do believe that they would be best on a new server, if anywhere.

Things we as players have to keep in consideration: Shockdot will need money to keep the servers going.  Having  a TC shop with full cosmetics is not reasonable. Therefore the subscription should be always worth to keep active aslong as you play.  Alot of players have ecoins stockpiled, there won't be alot of new influx of ecoins till these are used up.

Also a dialog should be held with lost players, see what changes would make them come back and play again. Getting in contact with them would be tough.

Big thanks to Stubinator for the help with the ideas. 

Respectfully,

Shadow

urden

3 years i play  maybe send 7000+ $usd  .. and iam have 0 now nothing ... this season  this weak upgrade = Total 380 +1 gauntlet =0 g3  total buy 30 g12 gaunt only 5x psa option 25x use delpi gem break all 14 no see 15  waste 500 + no Try any gears or jevels.. :)) i mean this game.. need all fixed or new server delete Trii and season  people just waste money !!

Alıntı

Edited by urden

Gannicus_1099

hi everyone   my brother and me broke 2000 tc for delp gem for good stats weapons and jewels , all dont like g12 yes me too 

so many players 1 weeks play and go quit =solo players so hard make craft and g12 items 

i wait maybe make good server i come back  

my favorite items lvl 11 so many players come back china have so many players  just need lvl 11 !!!!!!