IKuPAI

Progressive Timeline proposition

IKuPAI

Turf battles is the greatest game most of us have ever played. Regardless of it's presentation and life long flaws, we have found many reasons to live within the turf battles universe. Luckily for us, our 4th generation game masters are looking out for our best interests in attempts to remove p2w and p2p elements from our gameplay experience.

With that in mind, I would like to propose a progressive timeline and a few base modifications:

1. During the allotted time frames the item upgrade opportunities and stats should be balanced to the best of our abilities.
  2. Each cap should be thouroughly tested/updated to fit the new f2p model. (Masters without fish meat is impossible as f2p in 1/1 g10s)
  3. PvP should be celebrated, and rewarded.
  4. We must remember that we cannot rely on the integrity of the players.
  5. Remember the noobs! Give them interfaces and intrusive UI/world notification markers.

---------------------------------------

This would mean something along the lines of:

First month-

Level cap: 90

-The purpose of the first month and level 90 cap is so that players and game masters can fully experience not only the speed at which they achieve level 90, but they can also experience the gameplay as a capped Iah pker. This will allow for testing of any remaining turf shop items aswell as upgrade rates for low level items.

*game masters should implement a visual rating system for pk points prior to this phase:

ie: 50 pkp = blue halo

100 pkp = green halo

1,000 pkp = red halo

5,000 pkp = black halo

Month 2-3 (2 months)-

Level cap: 120

-This is probably the best crafted tier of the game, and in my opinion should be studied in every sense of the word. Allowing players to sit at this level cap for a couple months will give the opportunities for further exploration the of mystic server changes.

*Game masters should explore further options for transmog and item skinning. Possibly allowing the silver sephiroth armor skin in exchange for 100 pkp per piece.

Month 4-10 (6 months)-

Level cap: 160

-Arguably the fan favorite tier of gameplay for the nostalgia addicts; the nado era of mystic server would serve as an opportunity to properly scale upgrade rates for grade 11 gears. Some of the major complaints from triumphus included 10/9 sets. In my experience, a +9 g11 weapon can be made within the first 24 hours of a new server. (This would be an issue for the integrity of the longevity of the server and overall fun-factor)

*Plenty of time is alotted for this phase of release so there can be a proper era where everyone can thouroughly enjoy mid-game regardless of the active population.

FAQ:

Q: by this point I imagine you're probably thinking "why would anyone play this, if we're capped at certain levels for MONTHS at a time?"

A: if you're not enjoying this progressive release, feel free to play on the triumphus server. Mystic server is being tailored to cater to the player's experience. If you would like an expert experience please join the established server.

Q: Why would we cap the release to test every tier if there's no reason to revisit old brackets after you've overleveled it.

A: The suggestion title doesn't exactly explain everything, but the purpose for a progressive release is so that we can spend excess time experiencing things we don't normally experience. Giving us the opportunity to test multiple classes instead of grinding for max level and gears.

Q: isn't 1 month per tier enough?

A: quite probably, but we really shouldn't rush into such a huge rework. Removing p2w elements will change the dynamics of everything from spell cutting to your build path. The time isn't specified for effectiveness, but rather to show that simply leveling past gameplay tiers makes for minimal immersion.

Of course this isn't the entire timeline, but there's no sense in fully fleshing out an idea that likely won't see much support.

However, in the event that this is received well there is plenty of opportunity for expansion and alteration.

Edited by IKuPAI

eXclusive

This sounds like an amazing idea to me. This way you get to experience all things TB has to offer. I'm up for it.

IKuPAI

Thanks @eXclusive this seems to be a very heavily viewed topic. Feel free to comment if you support or dislike the idea.

However, I would request that one includes "why" in their response.

---------

Also, being that we might get extended periods of time on each island it might give us an opportunity to revisit drop tables like iah gems for example.

Hja337

Please do not make the mystic server a pay to play server im personally quiting the tri server since the merge everything is much harder and there is allot of people who pay too play i personally dont want pay 100-300 dollars for a full 12 set with rings and a bands.

Pure

Yeah I voiced my opinions  before about opening level brackets on a time based scale, and In my opinion it's a really good idea. I'm not sure how many people would agree to 1 month+ on iah for instance, but I do think so much content is just rushed past and ignored completely and this would create some really fun pvp! Low level pk wars are actually really fun in my opinion.

+1 from me

Ospice1

With lower experience rate this could be a really great way to go. 

And also make G1-G10 item stats much more useful, because the boosted G10 weapons will rule them all.(Sanction Stick, Dragon Gauntlet, etc.) Maybe the Rampao Weapon Coffins should be removed. 

Edit: +1 from me too

Edited by Ospice1

Masta

It's a risk but I like it :)

Maybe make the level caps last for a month.

IKuPAI

Going f2p is a risk in itself.

I'm only suggesting that the early and mid game isn't overlooked during this process. Early levels are quite dull unless you know things or have boosts to cheat the 1v1 melee approach.

I suppose 6 months is too long, but I'm not the designer. They should handle it as they see fit. Just trying to help steer this in the right direction.

I also want to mention this is a permanent server, for f2p... Please don't let our future noobs get lost in f2p 2005 tb content!

There's a huge world to explore and imo each tier of gameplay should have benefits available for your main. The replayability factor is lost in early game, and that creates a huge immersion barrier. Give veterans flashy rewards and players will flock to the game. Give them guidance and a fair shot, and they'll stay.... For 15+ years. No matter how many times the game dies.

Edited by IKuPAI

WinkouS3

I think this wont solve any problem because we would just postpone the problem : lower level brackets are not used when you reach max level.

So in a year for instance we would reach max level, would we play again on lower level brackets because it got capped one year ago ? I am not sure but if we find a way to give exclusive rewards on these brackets (it can be drops, pvp rewards or anything i dont know) then i guess they would be played anytime : at realease, one year after etc...

I agree with progressive release of updates but if we want to keep playing on every brackets of the game despite updates happening we need to give a reason to actually play on these brackets... otherwise we gonna be rushing every updates just as we rush game on season... 

IKuPAI

Yeah, you're right djaul... What was I thinking... Pff, we should just all start at level 350 cuz leveling is boring!

And let's just give everyone maxed gear since eventually we'll all do 0 dmg on each other anyways!

In fact, why don't we just do nothing and watch the game die again! What a scholar! Genius.

But if you're being serious, then yes... That was included in above posts. New cosmetic ranking visuals and reworking drop tables such as iah, and revising the upgrade rates and exp...

I mean, honestly if u guys aren't willing to play early game to make sure it's right for new players... I have no idea what you're doing here.

Without new players, the game will die as old players get bored of your rotten opinions. Which is why I even suggested tiering the release.

So you can spend some time getting things right! 5 seasons, open beta and closed beta... Have you not satisfied your thirst for "winning" tb yet? Perhaps I'm proposing this to the wrong audience.

I sincerely hope that whoever participates in mystic isn't just a murder hobo looking for another pkp... I just hope you all understand, it doesn't look like there's many more chances left. Do it right, or say goodbye to TB.

Edited by IKuPAI

WinkouS3

I don't see why anyone would still play on Iah island after a year on mystic server following your suggestion - that's what i'm saying.

If you can get exclusive things on this 90 level bracket that you wouldn't get anywhere else I guess you'll be playing that 90 lvl bracket at some point.

In your suggestion you'd be playing 1 month Iah bracket and that's it once cap becomes 120 everyone would go for 120 and forget ONCE AGAIN 90 lvl bracket.

We need to add really exclusive things to every bracket to force people playing them.

Of course everyone likes low level brackets fights... but if you don't give people a reason to fight on these brackets they will rush every new cap all the time and forget past one because in current state of the game 350/300 rewards are too good to play any other bracket... (160 SSC also but...).

Your thread is interesting but eh you can't handle one comment trying to show limits of that idea and maybe a way to improve it (I'm not saying I'm 100% right in what i write), you ask for people to comment your thread so expect ppl to disagree with it (although i actually like the idea).

I really love that : "In fact, why don't we just do nothing and watch the game die again! What a scholar! Genius." I really have no clue why i'm trying to explain my comment to you when you can't even imagine the number of suggestions i've been posting here or on discord, all the bug reports and so on (I'm not even playing the game these last weeks so don't worry I'm not writing this because I'm pk thirsty or idk what u wrote up there)... yeah i clearly just wanna watch the game die ! Thanks Kupa for trying your best, I don't know what happened to you man but I really liked playing with you back then, where does this hate you have for me come from lol ?

IKuPAI

I don't hate you, fool.

I'm incredibly dissapointed at what the community has become. So dissapointed I refuse to log into the game that changed my life.

It's not that I can't handle your response, I'm just amused at how communication always seems to be directed at shutting others down and watching them fail. If you want to be stuck in some shade, you do your thing... I'm simply here to help the community think through the next permanent server.

And you start your response with "I don't think this will solve the problems, only delay the inevitable" or however u put it. Yet, that's the exact purpose I'm suggesting progressive tiered level cap... So there's time to fix these things... So it can be revisitable. After we run through with 15 man parties, who's going to teach a solo player? They will teach themselves. And so we need to make sure it's an enjoyable experience at all tiers. This game is built to have nichè brackets. Our current setup is rush end game... So obviously we should spend more than 10 minutes at level 90...

This community is so small at this point that we should all be 1 tribe testing the gameplay experience together and molding a great game for new players to immerse within...

Yet, you have this need to shut down an elaborate idea with a bunch of nonsense fluff talk that doesn't provide any insight or proposition. 

If you want to join the discussion, you're welcome to. However, if you would like to argue with a bunch of thick headed keyboard warriors, I suggest you just go back to the game. I'm not interested.

incite

A good suggestion to help the tiers and make people play the lower tiered islands(imho)

Edit: Get rid of the need for Keys for the island chests....

Overall- Keep the leveling scrolls here as well.(Shuy-Kando)

Iah Drops:

Magic, Sorcery, Sephs

Tree Gems: Shansha ETC only drop from IAH and SHUY

Yeti: Chests drop upgraded g10 armor(not like rampao) Where they come pre-stated from 2/2/2/2 - 6/6/6/6

Can also increase the amount of yeti's on the island so that there is a good distribution of this loot as most of these players wont be able to go farm          this stuff until its passed being viable to wear anyways.

Shuy Drops:

Magic, Sorcery, Seph, Divine, and RESTAT gems. 

Trees: Shansha ETC only drop from IAH and SHUY

Yeti: Chests drop upgraded G11 armors(no weapons) where they will come pre-leveled from 1-4 (most will be wearing rampao weapons here anyways for stat requirements)

" " - same as above statement increase the yetis on the island.

Kando Drops:

Magic, Sorcery, Divine, seph and SC

Trees: Now have a chance to drop 1 RH or 1 BT (maybe 20% chance)

Yeti: Chests drop upgraded G11 Weapons, they will come pre-leveled from 1-5, this will finish the sets the players have been slowly saving for and ultimately prepare them for their journey to 200 on rock island where the damage and mdef will be needed to survive. 

Duan Drops:

Magic, Sorcery, Divine, seph and SC

Trees: Materials for G12, more or less than open world pieces, cocoons ETC.

Yet: Chests that drop here can drop a bundle of G12 crafting materials, as well as a LOW(2-4%?) chance of getting a finished G12 piece. Inevitably this will promote the growth into the 200-300 brackets to be able to wear this new found gear.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by incite

IKuPAI

This is a great contribution to the discussion @incite!

Very difficult to design a plan that the gms like, fits nostalgia and appeals to the community.

I think the zombie trees and yetis also hold the potential wiggle room we need to revitalize early game content... We don't need exactly our suggestions, but as far as revitalization of early tier caps we should have a couple main points of how to revitalize it..

Say,

+1 gem drop is fine at lower tiers, but providing incentive to swap to the lower tier is key

+Making each tier cap somehow unique 

-iah drops delph gem rarely

-rampao drops g1 desau/hosan

-duan drops trans gems from yetis

Idk, this is a discussion... Thoughts?

cb_90027

Hello,

So I like this time release idea a lot. I’ve also seen the question of low level playability. I think the answer is simple. We need a consistent new player base coming in. That means this game needs to be dope. The PvP and island system is the best thing this game has to offer. So firstly that needs to be addressed obviously; which is why this time release is good. We need good newbie content like previously mentioned. Over the many years I screamed and yelled about this, but it wasn’t a priority. A good game brings players in constantly. I mean look at WoW vanilla re-release! Good content at each level bracket: end of story.  Many forms of this. Unique individual PvE for each bracket. Unique cosmetics, items (g 11 drops on islands?, unique pets for each player level bracket?) a really good guide or in game help book, etc. The gem box idea is like this.

IKuPAI

You bring up some very interesting points @cb_90027

I'm very focused on mainly the islands, but the pve should be unique aswell. This doesn't have to manifest in the form of a full mechanical rework, but things like wasteland used to be locked to 70-160 only I believe? So, if those rules were in place a silly g7 cosmetic could drop rarely from shamans for iah and shuy pkers... Rampao could drop boss pets extremely rare... Character bound even, so you can't trade it?

There's a certain level of quality of fun that we just don't get from addressing quality of life. This game is great at it's core, and triumphus is a testament to the power this game holds over people. Now, we're going free to play... Listen to the community and do basically anything that doesn't hurt the integrity of the gameplay.

For example, care bear island. You weren't afraid to design those misfit toys... Why do we get junior drops there? Pure evil... Cruel and unusual care fluff punishment. Just turn up the QOL meter, add a splash of fun, and don't be afraid to give players polls.

twicec

I like the idea of the timeline. When i played TB back in the day...i was mostly in shuy and kando/nado. i think thats where most of the FUN is lol.