IKuPAI

Level 40-120 fixes

IKuPAI

It would seem progressive max level release is quite popular, but there are a few concerns we should address regardless, pertaining to early game capped contents.

This is going to be quite long so get a drink, grab a lazy boy.... Whatever!

Level 40-90 as f2p

------------

Normally these levels are skipped right past, so I want to begin this discussion with a reminder of how one plays between 40-90 without veteran knowledge.

At level 40 you received the coromon quest along with the iah quest.

By this point you may or may not have the lizard rascals armors from the quest in the swamp. Regardless, if you venture off to iah you will find that the guardian has quite high magical defense and a lot of health for a level 40 player. Now, level cap for iah is 90... So going there at level 40 is really not a good idea. Let's fast forward to level 90.

Pre-masters, possibly paper, possibly full tank, maybe cardboard hybrid... Your vitality would cap around 900 on iah, but without g11s that isn't a good build. G10s also have a level minimum so that puts us in g9- gears.

The g9- gears are safe to +3, and about 90% chance to +4. This means that a player who wants to safe cap their gear will need a minimum 10 sorc gems, 10 divine gems, and 20 seph gems. This is assuming you actually get desired stats on every piece, the first go...

So, having that knowledge of minimum materials to set foot on iah essentially (3/3 g9 set, probably min/max mixed for glass cannon or cardboard tank). When taking iah island the monster damage is quite high for a f2p player, and could cause issues with using level up scrolls from the island ownership.

Now I have 5 suggestions:

1) remove seph/magic/divine gems from iah completely.

-I believe removal of seph gems from iah will show us that we do not depend on mid level gear in low level zones.

-We can replace the upgrade gems with more useful items.

- Leveling in this bracket is so easy, most players will skip past iah entirely. Making this a revisitable area. 

-Given low upgrade Chance, selling proposed alternative rewards could net a seph pouch, vs a single seph gem.

2) I propose instead of upgrade gems dropping from newts and mushrooms , we give them the shansha table from zombie trees.

-all monsters on iah could cycle through the zombie tree drop list. Making this a great alt-farm for .5 upgrade gems and scroll mats, at low levels. 

-this will greatly help white and yellow mages at higher levels. Instead of requiring a dps char to solo a tribe for a high level island, and get zoned off your spoils... It will open iah to competitive tertiary farming.

3) I would also like to propose an INSANELY RARE DROP here, much like @WinkouS3 suggested having need for unique reasons to visit low level islands... Dropping of a delphiroth gem. Just 1, but maybe as often as a g3 desau... 

4) upon review, swamp vice and water elementals should also take a damage nerf so it becomes viable for sub 90 characters. Please do not assume this should be implemented as is drop rates, as that could prove overpowered.

5) remove dinns from swamp drop table. Just make that area and possibly rest, places where pre-90 can farm sephs. NO JUNIORS HERE PLS

Level 90-120

--------

Between level 90 and 120 we're already preparing for the 120-125 grind... Not only that, but tornado is coming soon so we really want some jewlery so we don't get 1 shot on kando.

Now that we're in the 100+ level bracket we have a bunch of new opportunities. East lad, rampao temple, stone coffins, masters quest, masters books, closer to g10 jewlery...

A lot of people enjoy this level because of the 1 shots your level 10 masters can give with the rt10/10/10 weapons!

Since rt gives such great damage rewards, why not allow it to provide absorbing or tank rewards aswell?

Also, while on shuy we receive 2x of every gem, but seph choice are not on the table... You'd need to farm corrupted orbs in 140+ east lad, or farm kando sub 160 for seph choice. However, if we're doing a progressive release that means the only SC in the game at 120 cap would be from the sc quest (bugged?), From the crystals quest (1 per account, level 30+), or from an extremely rare low level drop!

Iah and shuy yetis are quite pointless unless using an alt to farm keys, and even then the keys are better used with higher level yetis.

This being said, I have 3 suggestions for 90-120:

1) Rampao temple drops 9/9-10/10/10/10 weapons, from garbage to perfect stat. Let's give the bosses some g1 dessau and hosan drops, so f2p players can potentially tank a lvl 10 DC from a perf 10/10/10/10 GHAB.

-some may find this overpowered, but it gives improved pve rewards aswell as pvp incentive for pve. With removal of 3k buffs, if one has 3x g1 desau and a fish meat, thats 2.5k hp...3.5 with stew.

2) yetis on both iah and shuy should just drop... 5 seph choice?

- however this needs to be worked out, doesn't really matter to me. But the yetis are a great way to assist sub 140 accounts with seph choice.

-laziel key is quite unobtainable to low level accounts, not only because of the laziel mage dealing so much damage so quickly, but the ice queen is also lurking with a fat 0 drop table while dealing massive amounts of damage.

-repurposing low content yetis can revitalize early islands and provide progress to island locked newbcakes.

Feel free to amend anything, provide your thoughts and feedback. If we can try to remain constructive here, I'd prefer to avoid a combative discussion. There are no pkp on forums!

Edited by IKuPAI