Happie

Mystic server feedback [Pulled]

Happie

Pulling all my feedback due to major complaints and whining from the community.

If any of the feedback was needed then the gms can pm me personally.

Edited by Happie

BosnianLover

G10's and G11's

I think instead of nerfing the G10 weps from coffins that buffing G11 gear at 7-10 would be significantly more desirable. Atm using a 10/10 stick, it feels nice and all but if it wasn't as powerful everything would feel super tedious and in the long run it may make G11's viable in a fight vs G12 gear without being slaughtered like cattle. 

Move speed and Endurance

The beginning move speed feels bad yes but after 200 points in dex its a lot better. only problem is that the mage classes don't put points or that many points into dex til 100+ish so it feels rough kiting early. The endurance especially runs out fast. did not feel good running out of breath running from the Three way intersection from arena to the swamp and literally running out of stamina  as you get within range of the first lizard boss's. 

Toggle option for auto loot function

if you are a subscriber and paid to have the ability to auto loot and constantly cant pick up the items you want and watch them disappear from the massive piles of items that drop sucks!. Toggle idea : item grades selection of the level of item you wish to auto loot. Auto loot quest items you need to complete an active quest. Auto loot cores and others from east lad so you can farm them and not get annoyed constantly looting piles of gear and dropping it off further away and constantly going back and forth is annoying and kills the pleasure after a while. When auto looting in a party (I don't know if the system already does this) But split the leni and material drops with the party members that have the desired material toggled on (last part is future suggestion). 

Change the Exchange options of courage medals

Another option for keeping courage medals viable is having them be able to purchase skills books from 1-5 and 8, so people still need to farm islands for sorc,sc,divine,etc but physical classes can get aoe skills sooner to maintain threat and mages can get MB sooner so that they don't die so easily. (make a restriction for how many skill books can be purchased with medals like 5 or 7 or something and people need to optimize their purchases)

i would like it if Tc buffs and Sub buffs stacked maybe not to full extent but being able to gain 60-90% bonus xp feels better than just 50%. Other than that drop buffs dont need to stack,  another option is you can make it so that the Pet EXP buffs stack. meaning while you are actively playing and using buffs your pet will level faster and slower when you are afk. (rewarding the players that play actively) 

Positives

The game is feeling good for the most part. A part of me feels you guys adjusted the leni received from selling gear, it feels much better. Really liking everything so far, definitely makes me want to play devoutly after the Mystic server opens. People are a lot less toxic comparatively to Seph TB and Aeria TB and the instance dungeons EXP rate feels good. 

Dirge07
  • "Increase the health pool of lizards in swamp"
    No, because it gets real tedious as a single target class to farm them, if you increase their health pools, increase the xp they grant by the same multiplier. The lizard rascals also turn orange at lvl 45 instead of 40 like before, so getting the rascal quest at 40 for mobs you don't even get xp from at level 40 is pointless.
  • "Leveling from 1-100 is too fast" 
    Yeah, if you are a mage, every other class has to single target mobs for 5 seconds to get 10% of their xp bar up while mages just hoard and nuke down with aoe. Don't reduce the xp gains just because mages of all classes level too fast.
  • "Adjust east lad honor medal rewards"
    Not sure why you can't just get zipped gems in return for Honor medals. The fact there is no still viable way to farm seph gems outside of islands and getting that lucky karebear drop. Its fucking stupid that you get zipped seph/magic/divine gems at content that already requires you to have pretty decent master skill levels.
  • "Movement speed"
    I agree with this, you shouldn't have to invest a ton of DEX early on to kite mobs. Make the MS from dex like you made VIT, diminishing returns past a certain point but make it slightly stronger for your first few points in DEX

Happie
3 hours ago, Dirge07 said:
  • "Increase the health pool of lizards in swamp"
    No, because it gets real tedious as a single target class to farm them, if you increase their health pools, increase the xp they grant by the same multiplier. The lizard rascals also turn orange at lvl 45 instead of 40 like before, so getting the rascal quest at 40 for mobs you don't even get xp from at level 40 is pointless.
  • "Leveling from 1-100 is too fast" 
    Yeah, if you are a mage, every other class has to single target mobs for 5 seconds to get 10% of their xp bar up while mages just hoard and nuke down with aoe. Don't reduce the xp gains just because mages of all classes level too fast.

The first thing about the lizards, single target classes has a higher dps then mages do, so you kill them at a faster rate then mages, the rascal changes makes more sense (the quest should probably be increased in level though) since they now scale all the way up to 70.

And the 1-100 being to fast is heavily based on mages yes, but the game simply cannot be balanced around solo single target players, doing so means you'd make say fist or blades okay to do anything with, while archers and mages will be completely godlike at everything.
Leveling will always be efficent with mages, and thus the leveling and experience gain has to be balanced after unless you put a level 100 requirement on joining a party.

Happie
7 hours ago, BosnianLover said:

G10's and G11's

I think instead of nerfing the G10 weps from coffins that buffing G11 gear at 7-10 would be significantly more desirable. Atm using a 10/10 stick, it feels nice and all but if it wasn't as powerful everything would feel super tedious and in the long run it may make G11's viable in a fight vs G12 gear without being slaughtered like cattle. 

Move speed and Endurance

The beginning move speed feels bad yes but after 200 points in dex its a lot better. only problem is that the mage classes don't put points or that many points into dex til 100+ish so it feels rough kiting early. The endurance especially runs out fast. did not feel good running out of breath running from the Three way intersection from arena to the swamp and literally running out of stamina  as you get within range of the first lizard boss's. 

G10s have to be nerfed, not have g11s buffed, simply because 1. it's completely and utterly stupid to be able to go into ramp, kill a chest to get a weapon drop and have that weapon be on par with a medium upgraded weapon of the next grade. If we actually had to upgrade the weapons ourselves it would be a different matter.

The speed is fine in general, it just that everything feels very sluggish due to the slow movement speed, after all the game has always been heavily about that movement speed and with it removed all classes takes a fairly large penalty, im not saying mages specifically should have the increase, ALL classes should.

Happie

And on another note since some of you seem to believe I'm trying to make mages stronger. I won't actually be playing a mage for mystic offical release, it's just easier to test things using a mage.

Dirge07
1 hour ago, Happie said:

The first thing about the lizards, single target classes has a higher dps then mages do, so you kill them at a faster rate then mages, the rascal changes makes more sense (the quest should probably be increased in level though) since they now scale all the way up to 70.

And the 1-100 being to fast is heavily based on mages yes, but the game simply cannot be balanced around solo single target players, doing so means you'd make say fist or blades okay to do anything with, while archers and mages will be completely godlike at everything.
Leveling will always be efficent with mages, and thus the leveling and experience gain has to be balanced after unless you put a level 100 requirement on joining a party.

Higher single target dps means nothing if a mage can just pull up to 5 lizard captains over the swamp and just aoe them down in a third of the time the single target class has to.

And i'm not saying that the game should be balanced around solo single target players, but realistically everybody tries to breeze through the first 100 levels to get to east lad for stuff and rampao access. I'm saying don't nerf the xp or the boss health just because mages of all classes are able to efficiently level solo from 1 - 100. Because guess what, they will still be able to do that you just fuck over the single target classes that need to get to lvl 100 for their master skills to have any aoe farming potential. You can play around with xp and hp of mobs meant for leveling post 100. 
Everyone wants to get the first 100 levels done asap because post 100 is where all the content is locked behind, why make the entire process even more tedious for single target classes early on.

Happie
2 hours ago, Dirge07 said:

Higher single target dps means nothing if a mage can just pull up to 5 lizard captains over the swamp and just aoe them down in a third of the time the single target class has to.

And i'm not saying that the game should be balanced around solo single target players, but realistically everybody tries to breeze through the first 100 levels to get to east lad for stuff and rampao access. I'm saying don't nerf the xp or the boss health just because mages of all classes are able to efficiently level solo from 1 - 100. Because guess what, they will still be able to do that you just fuck over the single target classes that need to get to lvl 100 for their master skills to have any aoe farming potential. You can play around with xp and hp of mobs meant for leveling post 100. 
Everyone wants to get the first 100 levels done asap because post 100 is where all the content is locked behind, why make the entire process even more tedious for single target classes early on.

Because the entire point of the mystic server is for more stable, slow and rewarding progress through the game. And no, mages CAN'T pull together a bunch of the lizards and captians, just like everyone else we have to tank them one by one when we first get there. And the 1-100 content is actually fun to play in if you stop seeing the games early progression as "I HAVE TO RUSH TO 100+!!!!"

Either way you can simply just dual log with two clients if you feel like the mage class is so amazing to level with and just plvl your own character, don't try to complain about these things while you yourself are the one who choose to level as a single target class when you can easily do it in the same way as everyone else. Everyone who plays this game knows that a single target class can't get anywhere on it's own, it has to be accompanied by a class which can aoe. 

BosnianLover
On 1/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, Happie said:

G10s have to be nerfed, not have g11s buffed, simply because 1. it's completely and utterly stupid to be able to go into ramp, kill a chest to get a weapon drop and have that weapon be on par with a medium upgraded weapon of the next grade. If we actually had to upgrade the weapons ourselves it would be a different matter.

The speed is fine in general, it just that everything feels very sluggish due to the slow movement speed, after all the game has always been heavily about that movement speed and with it removed all classes takes a fairly large penalty, im not saying mages specifically should have the increase, ALL classes should.

So lets get this clear, If i get the absolute best stats possible from a weapon at g10 it should not equate to half way up to a g11? but a g11 at 8/9 or 9/10 barely holds up to a g12 at 14/14ish. When i say barely i mean 3 key potting and getting clapped within seconds. What i was saying with the move speed is that it is hard to balance, since you would give a mage even more kite ability but other classes would not get as much from it. Unless it was a scaling based move speed buff with melee classes having higher flat move speed compared to ranged classes then i believe a overall increase in that regard would be manageable. You have a problem with a weapon doing too much damage but the thing is, after lvl 100 the hp pool on a lot of things especially in rampao is quite large. Around said time a mage would be stating into defensive stats anyways right? i think the G10 is good as is especially since the likely hood of someone getting 10/10 weapons of their desired stats is quite low and they will spend alot of time farming coffins for it (unless extremely lucky) keep in mind this weapon needs to be strong enough for 100-160 content. BTW that 160 requirement for g11 gear and then having them go into kando is kinda unfair and literally makes it impossible for non 160 players to farm in kando after opening day or two. May want to address this?

Dirge07

Revert the 1-100 xp nerfs, its a fucking joke that a skeleton warrior/soldier that gave me about 2% of the entire xp bar now gives 0.7%. Even the badflies if you pull 10 of them together at lvl 70 as a mage now give at most 10% of your entire xp bar. The nerf does nothing but prolong the most shit bracket of the entire game. But I guess its ok because realistically everyone should start mage and then multibox their other chars. Just lock out archer fist and blade's for the first 2 weeks so everyone can get their farmer mage up to snuff before people can play the classes they want. Either buff the xp you get from existing quests or add more quests because the regular way to level is fucking dead with these nerfs.

shockdot
9 hours ago, Dirge07 said:

Revert the 1-100 xp nerfs, its a fucking joke that a skeleton warrior/soldier that gave me about 2% of the entire xp bar now gives 0.7%. Even the badflies if you pull 10 of them together at lvl 70 as a mage now give at most 10% of your entire xp bar. The nerf does nothing but prolong the most shit bracket of the entire game. But I guess its ok because realistically everyone should start mage and then multibox their other chars. Just lock out archer fist and blade's for the first 2 weeks so everyone can get their farmer mage up to snuff before people can play the classes they want. Either buff the xp you get from existing quests or add more quests because the regular way to level is fucking dead with these nerfs.

The rates you just listed sound pretty fair to me... 10 easily killed monsters for roughly 10% at a low level is more than fair (may even be too much considering the original idea of the server). The concept behind the Mystic Server was to have a more prolonged experience in terms of character progression, this is what the majority of users voted and voice their concerns about.

Your choice of language aside, you make a valid point that this progression is totally different for physical classes in comparison to magic classes due to AOE based attacks not becoming available to physicals until higher levels. The solution to this is not to "revert" the nerfs, but simply to adjust physical based leveling until Master Skills are able to be unlocked. There will be more experience changes, but also new systems added that accomplish this (and other things) effectively. These will be out for testing, hopefully, sometime this weekend or early next week.