MakaV

Proposed Changes to bring balance to Leveling

MakaV

Hey All,

First off before I go into some issues/proposed changes, I'd like to take some time to thank the GMs for continuing to keep TB alive after all these years and working tirelessly on game improvement/balance. I know these patches/changes/updates does not come easy or without a cost. With that being said, I'd like to highlight some of the problems I have seen in the Mystic Server since launch and some potential changes that could possibly remediate them. 

Problem- The most efficient leveling requires a large party. Even prior to the nerf of East Lad, I would constantly see in Newbie a constant stream of potential parties being formed to tackle the various bracketed leveling zones (ie, Rock/SSC/RT1/RT2). Parties, especially in my time zone EST/CST, rarely gets past 5-6 people and would die off after an hour of spamming in Newbie like a whisper in the wind.This causes player frustration and I have seen multiple people quit and after a week have already stopped logging on to make these attempts, thus exacerbating the already problematic situation. 

Problem- As most of us played this game in our youths, we are now adults with varying schedules. This means that sometimes we can not play at the same time as our old TB friends. With the brackets the way they are, I am not able to help my friends level or party with them if I have decided to level past their immediate bracket. As a 250+, I can not help my buddy who's 160-240 with catch up. 

Proposed Changes- 1) A Level Down NPC that can drop you to levels 160/200/240 for an hour. This will allow the higher levels to form a party and help a lower level progress and catch up without having to rely on luck for a random party in the right level bracket to be formed. This should probably come with some restrictions to make it balanced, ie (% decreases in HP/AP and no ability to turn on PVP/enter islands) 

2) Smaller partied instances should not be punished for not being able to form a full 15 man. For the 7 man instances, I would recommend either 100% XP as the 15 man at double the Lad Grace cost per instance or a 50% reduced cooldown per instance (instance loot coins should be reduced by 50% to prevent abuse as well). This would allow smaller groups to somewhat compete with the larger tribes while still incentivizing a 15 man. It does not make sense for players to spend 100% the amount of time leveling to receive 50% of the experience because their time zone is not as able to form the necessary sized groups. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

MakaV

Billy

The problem is worse. You can't level at all without a party past 100.

Edited by Billy

cb_90027

I mean the simple fix is to make east lad and other places complete solo exp spots. I mean literally unable to party in those areas and make the exp say 80% compared to the 100% for party exp. We had a massive shift of being able to solo somewhat to completely screwing people who are not with the “in” crowd or time zone issues. I get the issue of people abusing good solo areas with parties so why not just disable parties in solo areas specified just for solo exping? 

Th3_Andy

for real im a new player no lifing trying to get to 160 and finding an ssc party with more then 5 is rough for 16 hours of the day

edit egg and east lad are worse... and i ive been trying to find the island boss on 120-160 i think its called kando for about an hour and that dude doesnt exist lol... i wanna just be able to grind... googled forever trying to find his location but 0 help available to locate that pos

Edited by Th3_Andy

scotty

Hi there, we're looking at making changes based on all the feedback, for now one suggestion that sticks out is to allow Higher levels to go to lower level instances, this allows higher levelled players to help lower levelled players. We may take this to a poll, or may just implement it based on what the general consensus is, we want high level players to be able to help lower levelled players too. What Maka says is quite a good idea but much more difficult to implement. Hopefully with the instances changed that would cause the same effect to happen.

Jav01

I agree with Makav, but I don’t know about allowing higher players into lower level instances.  

I’m stuck in RT1 atm and my party lasted for 2 runs, the whole 8 hours I played yesterday I didn’t find another party. 

The 15 peoples I was levelling with before are all I’m RT2 now, higher levels are levelling themselves, we’ll just be sitting around waiting to form parties with them, it’ll be the same thing. 

All us players really need are realistic places to solo level, it obviously won’t be as fast as having a party and doing instances but it’ll be something.

and nobody say tainted lands where you get 1 shot even at 240+ Lol 

IKuPAI

Pleveling has always been how turf battles veterans can convince their friends to come try a new, old game...

With the colored monsters being so strict about giving out exp a smaller level can't tag along at higher levels, and vice versa.

It's always been my opinion that v2 eggs should give diminishing exp rates all through 300... Not good or even fair exp, but just not nothing. This would influence higher levels to return to v2 with incentive to help lower levels.

The very same could happen with instances. Providing no coins for lower level instances, but providing say a level 250 with 10% per ssc and no instance coins.

I'd suggest that having such low experience rates in solo zones is okay... If we allow players to continue getting exp and fame when revisiting lower levels. For example, 156-160 is about 3 hours right now on plvl... A level 250 pleveler would be grateful for 30% of a level in 3 hours for helping his friend get to rock.

This will allow higher levels to plevel others into brackets that are desired but short on players.

Obviously we're not talking about fast plevels but people are lazy and sit afk while their op friend brings a crit error sized mob to them...

Instances should be best exp... But when ur on cooldown, when there's nobody around? Let us level....

Pleveling has always been how turf battles veterans can convince their friends to come try a new, old game...

With the colored monsters being so strict about giving out exp a smaller level can't tag along at higher levels, and vice versa.

It's always been my opinion that v2 eggs should give diminishing exp rates all through 300... Not good or even fair exp, but just not nothing. This would influence higher levels to return to v2 with incentive to help lower levels.

The very same could happen with instances. Providing no coins for lower level instances, but providing say a level 250 with 10% per ssc and no instance coins.

I'd suggest that having such low experience rates in solo zones is okay... If we allow players to continue getting exp and fame when revisiting lower levels. For example, 156-160 is about 3 hours right now on plvl... A level 250 pleveler would be grateful for 30% of a level in 3 hours for helping his friend get to rock.

This will allow higher levels to plevel others into brackets that are desired but short on players.

Obviously we're not talking about fast plevels but people are lazy and sit afk while their op friend brings a crit error sized mob to them...

Instances should be best exp... But when ur on cooldown, when there's nobody around? Let us level....

P.s. can u put some hp and xp on those eggs in tainted land? Around delph castle... That'd be greaaat

Edited by IKuPAI

Jav02

Update: 

Spent 10 hours playtime yesterday actively making an RT1 party, managed to do one run with a party of 8 who couldn’t even complete rt1 in 30 minutes. Haven’t got a single level in the past 18 hours playtime. 

Would be good if there was a solo levelling place I could’ve spent 18 hours at least. 

I hear what you guys are saying about letting higher levels p lvl, but what about the new players who didn’t play old tb or tri and don’t have higher level friends, they’re just going to be stuck? 

scotty
11 hours ago, Jav02 said:

Update: 

Spent 10 hours playtime yesterday actively making an RT1 party, managed to do one run with a party of 8 who couldn’t even complete rt1 in 30 minutes. Haven’t got a single level in the past 18 hours playtime. 

Would be good if there was a solo levelling place I could’ve spent 18 hours at least. 

I hear what you guys are saying about letting higher levels p lvl, but what about the new players who didn’t play old tb or tri and don’t have higher level friends, they’re just going to be stuck? 

Hi Jav, have you tried the new level 200-254 area in Veros North Battle Arena? Next patch it is getting a buff.

OyunBozan

maybe make FL make 240 and 240 270 good exp, then the problem is solved.

Jav01
14 hours ago, scotty said:

Hi Jav, have you tried the new level 200-254 area in Veros North Battle Arena? Next patch it is getting a buff.

Hey, yes I’ve tried to use it after I went there with you. 

But once again the problem of getting a party arises, yes you only need like 5 people but even those people don’t want to do it. 

I don’t understand why there wouldn’t be solo levelling spots tbh? All the new players in the game are playing solo, especially with the tribes being very limited- you can find them in Newbie once every few days looking for a party for wastelands. 

cb_90027
11 hours ago, Jav01 said:

Hey, yes I’ve tried to use it after I went there with you. 

But once again the problem of getting a party arises, yes you only need like 5 people but even those people don’t want to do it. 

I don’t understand why there wouldn’t be solo levelling spots tbh? All the new players in the game are playing solo, especially with the tribes being very limited- you can find them in Newbie once every few days looking for a party for wastelands. 

yeah I’m not sure why we are so against solo areas since parties aren’t getting formed anyway. This has always been an issue with new players and really kills the game for newbies... but hey as long as those 10-30 people on top are happy right? xD

nobody is saying make it easy, but something Jesus...

scotty
3 hours ago, cb_90027 said:

yeah I’m not sure why we are so against solo areas since parties aren’t getting formed anyway. This has always been an issue with new players and really kills the game for newbies... but hey as long as those 10-30 people on top are happy right? xD

nobody is saying make it easy, but something Jesus...

There are level 70-100 areas that are comparable to wasteland, which are the goodflies and badflies. These are actually very good for solo players. The new 200-254 area can also be used by new players while you're levelling.

IKuPAI

We're getting off subject.

There's solo from 1-120 at a fair rate. Probably 6 hours from 1-120 if you know what you're doing.

But 90-120 is best on shuy imo. (Not exactly solo exp)

Not including 120-156...

156-160 is a 3 HOUR PLVL...

And solo, in sub g11s... I'm not even going to guess how hard this got nurfed.

Then 160-180 intentionally nurfed to force rock parties... But again, if no party, it's likely 10+ hours high intensity grind solo. Considering 158-180 are the same monsters...

180+ is generally done in east lad but tainted land is nearly impossible to farm without INSANE level difference.

U want to fix exp, make east lad kitable like it was before... Bone/gargoyle/megalopa/nudie monkey are all too op to exp.

Imo the monster brackets shifted anyways... Lvl 49 to get exp from lizard rascals when quest begins at 40? This leaves you already grinding the same monsters from 35-49... That's a long grind, especially when there's a zone that traditionally opens at 40...

Not to mention the 70-100 wasteland brackets have been removed and shamans are terrible plvl exp pre 70...

Imo, all the brackets in solo are off. And the gear req for east lad is tailored for g12, and incredible levels of patience to lure banshees into something profitable.

Please gm... Just solo urself to 240 so u can come to rt2 with us! Then I think u will understand.

Edited by IKuPAI