shockdot

Party Kicking

shockdot

Hello everyone, I would like to gather some insight from players in terms of how groups in game are managed. Currently, players can either opt to leave a party or can be kicked from the party by the party leader. For awhile this system has worked, but over the last year we have had to intervene in how parties are managed when users are being kicked for no reason (or reasons of hostile, racist, or an unfair nature). The issue here comes from the fact that one person held all the power in a party (the party leader).

We're considering changing this system so that the party leader can no longer remove players from the party by force (there would be no party leader in this situation). Instead, all players within a party will be given the ability to initiate a "Vote Kick" for a player. The only way the player would be removed is if 50% or more of the party members voted "Yes" for the user to be kicked. Each players vote would be anonymous and the vote kick functionality would require a response within 60 seconds, otherwise their vote would not count towards the final calculation. This change, would of course, remove the need for us to have to "moderate" users being kicked from parties as it now becomes a matter of the majority of the party not wishing the player to partake in their activities rather than an individual wanting the kick to happen.

We're curious if this change would be something the community would like. If you have questions, comments, or concerns... Please post them here.

Billy

Yes. This also helps prevent party leaders from letting their friends afk through an instance.

Also, I appreciate seeking your player base’s feedback for changes. OSRS (Oldschool Runescape) has player polls that are required to pass for every in game change. I think, if implemented for TB, would contribute to a more sustainable game.

gdemarco12

okay then. implement a new party request system so that enter key doesn't allow players to enter the party cuz it's nearly a spam? how about only party lead can accept request and only party vote can kick. 

I solo ssc, I choose if I want people in my party, to be nice to your community, to give myself a small break running all the dps….. I allow people, they allow other people, so if I want to kick them because they can't follow me from karbibach to zombie lord to boogi to zuregi to avoid the tunnel with fire in it.... it's  fair kick, It's my party, I can solo.

players have to relog to refresh their fps in frozenland, that's their spot in fl cuz they fought in war or they were there contributing entire length.....  

players who don't understand minimal qualifications being voted out by entire party instead of 1 person may lower their esteem. may lead to ENTIRE party roasting a person during the vote. 

aibeibei12

In the SSC, some of the players had hang-up behavior, so they kicked him out

IKuPAI

There's 3 major sides to this argument

Prejudice - "i not like u"

Efficiency- "kick afk"

And friendly - "not kick, need exp pls"

As far as I can tell, the 60 seconds removes afks... Unless they are only alt-afk... Then vote manipulation occurs.

All 3 sides win.

However, consider a solo player in an exp party... Say, 5 characters is 1 player... Vote to kick solo = 33% insta-kick vote.

Say 14/15 is one tribe...

The solution to party prejudice isn't on the party, or the party leader for that matter... The individual who's kicked must have an alternative and feasible route to catch up.

I think the biggest problem in your game... The thing players are screaming isn't "let me party!"

It's "let me level"

And they aren't screaming at full parties... They are screaming to the sky... Asking their gods for a better situation.