Sniper

Seasonal Server, quick suggestion.

Sniper

Increased Upgrade Rates on Level 11 Equipment

• Yes you sure did read that right! Level 11 equipment will have an increased upgrade rate ONLY on the Season Server.

Wouldn't it be fair if the supreme gems worked on eonics in this case aswell, I mean, if everyone going to be going for that +10 weapon, +9 sets, Eonic making is a BIG time investment, the rates to MAKE the weapons themselves aren't higher, the success rates to upgrade them aren't higher, and they can break at any point past +6. And we all know you need them well above 7/7/7/7 to be in ANY comparison to +9 or +10 weapons.

My suggestion being - Make supreme gems also work on 0.5 items, with 0.5 success rate. Meaning , if hypothetically the success rate of going 7 to 8 on a eonic weapon is currently 50%. Make the gem protect the weapon, but only have 25% chance to upgrade it.

Lets be realistic here, in a year of Triumphus server , there has only been a handful of eonic weapons that are worth using over their G11 +9 Weapon counterparts , mostly weapons made by abusing the reforging system before it was changed, so before that basically nobody could even make a Eonic "WORTH" using. 

If this is going to be a 3month thing of awesome PVP, do we really want to do it without RIVER PK? Trans gems not being valuble in terms of weapon making?! DO WE REALLY NOT WANT EONIC WEPS? They are 200+ Weapons, meant to be used, but I assure you , in 3 months time, starting from nothing, there will not be a single Eonic weapon worth mentioning, especially with the setup and introduction of the new gems.

Thanks for reading.

Masta

From what I have seen on the test server they do.

Correct me if I am wrong Ricky?

Edited by Masta

Sniper

Supreme Gems will not work on specialty equipment (Anything that is .5 in level, such as Eonic Weapons & Clergy/Sephiroth Gowns).

Taken from the update post.

I am truly in opinion that eonic weapons will not even be used, except maybe kat claws due to its strength even at 6/6/6/6.
    When you are on a time limit, you can't really afford to invest 100 hours of farming to make 2-3 G3 Eonic weapons, only to have them break before one even goes 8/7/7/7.

I think the middle ground, having these gems work on items with half of the original success rate of the upgrade, but protecting. Would be nice.

Eonic weapons bring a dynamic to PVP that can't be just "let go". But I doubt players will be willing to sacrifice so much Attack power, by using a 6666 weapon just for the extra effect, when opponents will most likely have very good gear.

Edited by Sniper

Masta
1 minute ago, Sniper said:

• Taken from the update post.

ah my bad!

Edited by Masta

shockdot

Eonic Weapons, already have a high upgrade rate (same with all other 0.5 equipment). This is why they are able to reach level 10, with relative ease compared to a +10 level 11 items. Giving them the ability to upgrade without breaking would mean that they would max out in a very short period of time. The challenge to Eonic Weapons is NOT acctually upgrading their stats... It's making the weapon in the first place. 

If you're not using most Eonic Weapons over level 11 weapons in certain situations, than you're not playing to your fullest. Eonic Weapons are there for the effects, and the situational benefits... Not the pure raw damage.

Sniper

Fair enough.

Also can we get clarification on this.

This is also for jewlery?

Increased Upgrade Rates on Level 11 Equipment

• Yes you sure did read that right! Level 11 equipment will have an increased upgrade rate ONLY on the Season Server.

•  

shockdot
19 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Fair enough.

Also can we get clarification on this.

This is also for jewlery?

•  

You're right I should have been more specific with that. Blessing Equipment, not all level 11 equipment.

I've updated the original news article to indicate Blessing Equipment, thanks!