Jav01

Issues connecting to server

Jav01

Hi,

I've been having a lot of problems getting into game for the past few days.

When I open the game I either get a message saying 'There was an error connecting to the patch server, please check forums for issues'.

Or the client will open but will just stay stuck on 'Starting patch process' 

Or it will say 'Unable to connect to server'

If I do get past the launcher I get a critical error starting with 'get device caps'

And if I get into game eventually ill get a crit error starting with 'assertion failed'

Does anyone know why this is happening? or what I can do about it all?

Thanks.

shockdot
On 3/14/2020 at 11:42 AM, Jav01 said:

Hi,

I've been having a lot of problems getting into game for the past few days.

When I open the game I either get a message saying 'There was an error connecting to the patch server, please check forums for issues'.

Or the client will open but will just stay stuck on 'Starting patch process' 

Or it will say 'Unable to connect to server'

If I do get past the launcher I get a critical error starting with 'get device caps'

And if I get into game eventually ill get a crit error starting with 'assertion failed'

Does anyone know why this is happening? or what I can do about it all?

Thanks.

With the launcher, it could be that you either have a bad connection to the patch server or something is blocking it... (some routers have done this in the past, so you would need to look into that)...

If it works sometimes, it's probably just a bad connection for whatever reason. For the crit errors, we would need to see more info (screenshot them for us)

Jav01

Hey, 

its weird, I had that problem all week but a few hours after making this post it’s been absolutely fine lol. 

Sorry 

shockdot
On 3/18/2020 at 10:36 AM, Jav01 said:

Hey, 

its weird, I had that problem all week but a few hours after making this post it’s been absolutely fine lol. 

Sorry 

No problem, sounds like your network was having some troubles connecting to the patch or game server.