IKuPAI

The questing totem

IKuPAI

I've been taking a lot of feedback about newbie content and it seems there's not really any complaints about the actual quest line or the conditions or rewards.

However, I am seeing many complaints about it being hard to follow, the distances are hard to understand, coordinates are hard to match etc....

So I had an idea for a new instance/quest line/farm.

I think we should start the players with a level 0 questing totem. This will teleport the player to the next step up until level 40 (teleport scroll condition).

After level 40 there should be an instance or perhaps a quest series to follow, or the non to scroll ghost witches drop an item, or maybe the karebears drop questiroth gems to upgrade the totem... anyways, level 1-40 your totem would stay level 0. Then you could farm something for quest totem charges and it will teleport you to the next step of a quest you choose (similar to a sephiroth choice gem).

Idk, kinda eliminates the need for quest markers... im sure we would love to see them, but for now a quality of life update for low levels seems to be a popular underlying thought. We have the content, rewards, and conditions. It just needs to be slightly less work than the grind, quests don't last forever. 

Edited by IKuPAI

Dirge07

The map has a small looking glass icon which functions as a search option. You write the name of the NPC needed and it shows on the map as a blinking red dot. Your idea of a questing totem while good, just makes things more convoluted than they need to be.

There could be an item that stores a portion of the XP you gain through killing mobs when fully charged you can consume to gain a full level up to a certain level ( 100/120 ) so new players don't have to grind that much while waiting for the next quest notification to pop ( not everyone will start a mage ).

Edited by Dirge07