scotty

Black Touch Removal at 160-

Black Touch Removal   

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should black touch be removed from level 160 content?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, remove it, but also remove special mdef armours and shields too.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/20 at 10:43 PM

scotty

You asked, and we listened! the current consensus within the community is that black touch is too powerful for the 160 bracket and allows magicians to dominate the tornado turf if they have a friend. you would also have to take into account that MDEF Armours and Shields exist, so your decision should be made wisely, without black touch, it will be possible to almost negate your magical damage with these armours.

POLL DETAILS:

This poll will run for 14 days. Duplicate votes will be detected and removed.

in the case that yes is split between "Yes, remove it, but also remove special mdef armours and shields too. " and "Yes" the vote will be combined into the highest voted "yes" category.

for example if "Yes, remove it, but also remove special mdef armours and shields too." has 31 votes, no has 32 votes and "Yes" has 2 votes, then the total votes for "Yes, remove it, but also remove special mdef armours and shields too." will become 33. And this option will override "yes"

Masta

Remove it? nerf it untill 160 and let it be the normal value after that...

I miss that option?

Edited by Masta

Envy

voting to remove binah/valk/and mdef mage garbs lol  going to be red mage battles on nado, normally blades/fists cant tank 2 mages if they are timing their attacks.

Edited by Envy

scotty
16 hours ago, Masta said:

Remove it? nerf it untill 160 and let it be the normal value after that...

I miss that option?

We put a lot of time into formulating the poll questions based on player feedback and what we can achieve. It would require a large rework of the skill system to make black touch less effective at 160. These are the only options that are possible to us at this time. We may be able to revisit the topic in future if the community want to poll different strengths of skills at different levels.

Sejju

Im agree with Masta, nerf it some or decrease time for 30 seconds not 2 min. 

Masta
9 hours ago, scotty said:

We put a lot of time into formulating the poll questions based on player feedback and what we can achieve. It would require a large rework of the skill system to make black touch less effective at 160. These are the only options that are possible to us at this time. We may be able to revisit the topic in future if the community want to poll different strengths of skills at different levels.

I am not talking about changing other skills. Just black touch. Is it really that hard though to let it take less mdef untill 160? You don’t need to base everything on player feedback because you will never satisfy everyone. Having your own vision on things can work too..

Don’t remove a problem. Fix it!

Edited by Masta

AnonyFist

The problem isn't so much with legitimate BBM players at 160 (yes the combo BBM+RM is very powerful but a BBM alone, not so much) it's the player(s) who abuse the ability to dual log a character statted for black touch just to debuff HP levels and mdef, then immediately jump in with their RM to take advantage of it. The amount of HP you lose combined with the mdef loss on your already teeny HP pool makes it over-powered. It shouldn't be as easy as making a slave char to get this kind of advantage. It would be pointless to play any other class as long as this is exploitable because it has a huge upper hand.

Removing it is a drastic measure and I believe removing mdef enhancing gear is a horrible direction to go lol. I agree with some kind of nerf to make it less effective at that level, but i've got my doubts that a nerf would stop people from exploiting it.

Edited by AnonyFist