IKuPAI

World instances (revisited)

IKuPAI

I'm in love with the new instances! And the instance shop has pretty cool stuff!

Though, I couldn't help but think... man, the nostalgia of frozenland is gone...

Gathering 15 people to take as much exp as you can... hoping a white mage shows up... who's got a kat?! We need more red mages... "room for 3?" These social interactions have been diluted with efficiency and instance rewards.

So... I'm proposing a world instance for Frozen Land.

Basically, it would spawn when the server comes up and if someone kills Wantanka, he's gone until redrawn. Which would be a better timer than instances being; 20 minute world spawn timers vs 30 minute instance resets.

Now, you're asking me why would anyone even want that? Let's try a Q & A FAQ format.

Q: PvP same nation was hard! It sucked. Why am i forced to fight my allies?

A: party instances Will still exist for anyone wanting to do a private party.

Q: why would I even bother? I'll just make my own instance.

A: well... we have to persuade the GMs to create a high risk/high reward scenario in a single server. Perhaps that could give something like... each monster kill RANDOMLY drops ONE tradable world instance token... this will promote team play aswell as competition, and it will vitalize the economy much like the courage medals providing opportunity to obtain desau.

Q: why would we agree to fameless PvP/PvE zones... someone will just farm pk points and soul shards!

A: yeah... but the good news is they can't nessicerily tank players AND the strongest monsters in the game at the same time, can they? it's like every day between 8 am and 11 pm a boss spawns and talks nasty, gets stronger and is just as smart as our team is...

Q: how is anyone supposed to get anything done like That?

A: well... that's why the resources are tradable. It WILL be extremely difficult. Almost back to the formation of 15 party members and 5 anti-pkers... I mean, we party like that on islands, especially high resource islands like nado and gc. Why should FL be worth any less effort?

I hope you consider this idea, I feel like it will bring back good and bad politics of turf battles but we really have to show the world the game we play. If we keep de-sensitizing the content we're no better than real life media. let everyone have a CHANCE but just like rampao vs east lad vs ssc...

There's a safe way, there's a high risk high reward way, and there's a fast yet difficult way, respectively.

However you find the efficiency should be your choice.

Edited by IKuPAI

IKuPAI

I keep putting my suggestions in general >.< oi!

IKuPAI

B. U. M.  P. 

r    p  y     o

i                s

n               t

g

Trucha

how are they gonna code a boss that can learn that will be difficult lol, but this just reminds me of how it was prior to instances. Massive coin drops would devalue demonic essence unless it was removed from the coin shop

IKuPAI

The "boss" was a reference to a big bad player "farming player kills"

Massive coin drops... mmm... I mean, instances give up to 30 coins per hour... that's just 1 party.

This would give... 36? Per hour divided amongst random players.

That is quite a boom! I mean, it won't be exactly as I described... but even 30 minute respawn would be only 24? Per hour. 

Maybe demonic need a price increase, but 1 hour for 20k resources is ridiculous.