Lucifer1

Soccer just helps the gap widens between players

Lucifer1

Soccer has always been in the game to gear up the 5 members of the team who manages to secure the crystal and then get kill final blow.

I went to stage one soccer as lv155 RM with some low gear and i get obliterated by maxed geared people who probably is a alternative account to some main who's also at soccer and plays all the brackets because its so profitable to spend some minutes there for easy 60 TC (+7) 

When i first started this game 15 years ago, soccer was fun and u could see urself being the guy who got the lasthit on the crystal but with todays standards.. i dont see that at all. it seems to be controlled by some of the bigger tribes and the Minigame of soccer just make the rich get richer and there is no competition since new players just die and get locket out of parties. 

Soccer is a fun concept that helps people gear but right now its just top players getting free gear for no effort at all.

Spikanor

its not only soccer event but with the full game where the concept has been destroyt more.

the problem is all since day one and has not beed chance since back then.

the gap between players has been showing all since the launch off this version off TB since day one.

the problem is and was back then that a lot off people in the game got a big ego and was also destroying it for other players the fun to play or keep becoming strong.

and also back then was it also little more shockdot fault with its nerf's after nerf's after each other in a short off time limit.

with the combo off big ego players in the game and also nerfs after nerfs that have come fast after each other a lot off players have range quit and never have come back more to TB more will that most off then that have range quit are old Veterans players that have play the HETB version.

Onionbear

True, it is not just soccer.  There is no way for new or casual players to compete, anywhere.

Some problems I see...

Gear differences.
The main problem is the gap in gear.  The gear should scale linearly not logarithmically.  +8 gear should not be an order of magnitude better than +7.
The way the game is now is like a race. The players that get the highest gear first win.  Everyone else is simply fodder. The difference in gear makes it useless for new players to try to compete.  A single player with a 9/8 set will easily wipe an entire party of lesser geared players.  There will be some die hards that power through or spend an absurd amount on EC to compete. For the other 90% who cannot participate in PVP as they get one hit everywhere and can't get resources without paying for them simply get frustrated and quit.

No access to resources
The gem drop rate outside of islands it way too low.  I can only assume this is to force players to islands and generate more pvp.  It does not work. HETB I used to farm sorcery, magic and devine from Nasa.  Lots of them.  Used to get Sep/SC, RH and BT from trolls regularly.  You could get stronger without having to own turfs or pay for it. As it is you can go to Nado or GC and get one hit all over the place or give more money and resources to the already OP players. Not a lot of options.

Solo play
Most of the entertaining or valuable content is party based.  There is no good areas to farm or play solo.  East lad has been destroyed with all the ranged everywhere.  Instances are near impossible solo or with just a couple players.  There were a couple areas added which is good but it seems to make more sense to just have regular mobs that can be farmed for resources and XP.  Maybe instances that scale in difficulty based on party size and give level appropriate drops instead of coins.  Party of one?  No problem.

Crafting System
This seems to be designed as just a overwhelming challenge to get to reforging and G12 where it should actual be a usable system to craft level appropriate items based on resources gathered through day to day farming.  The resource requirements are way too high.  As it is you would need to dedicate a stupid amount of hours to just farming resources and still not make any meaningful quantity, if you can even make anything usable.

Adding another set of armour will not fix any population issues or make players, especially new ones, want to play. Most players I know did not quit because they maxed out.  They just got tired of the grind that still left them as nothing but fodder for the OP 1%.  If you can't participate then there is no reason to play.

This is a fun little game but it is quite old and not a AAA title.  It should playable as a casual fun experience and not require the time and money dedication that is currently does.  If new or casual players were actually able to solo and participate in some pvp there may be more reason to stay.

aBlindMan

mass alt farming events as soccer and reaper shouldnt be allowed to go in with more then one account it needs a ip lock so parties in those areas cant have more then 1 person in party with same ip     parties are always full with ppls alts  which means ppl dont have access bar the few that run the game

Lucifer

love reading all theese replies as it kinda represent the state of Turf Battles today but that shouldnt define what Turf Battles is going to be and i hope that it will come changes to the current game cuz right now, its massively top 1% of the players favoured game and in todays standards.. games like that dont survive.

Spikanor

the problems i have see in the game are more this.

1: there was to much nerfs update's without testing it really good is one off the problems that has kill the game hard since if a class gets a nerf it was always a worst one and some class like fist and blade are more the class that got the bigst nerfs off then all.

2: this is something really inportent for each game that has open it doors for players and can destroy in one blow the game for good and that are the big ego's at the start.

we all know that rock leveling is something we all have done in the past and was a good option but since that option is gone for good means that we all have to level up old school way's more but thanks to the ego's in the game that have destroy a lot off beginning party's in the game like rock and Rampo floor 1 are place where leveling is inportent for a lot off players at the start off the game but since some ego's think it was fun to destroy then the level party's it was for a lot off players not fun any more to keep playing since what is the point off keep playing a game if you cant level up any more and some ego's keep destroying level party's for the fun.

3: same what Onionbear  has told about gems farming is also something inportent we all need to do at the start off the game that the island become to hard for some tribe's to own it sure but you need to have then a other option to get a chance to farm some off the gems like nasa and sometime's on rampoa floor 2.

4: the fun and enjoy off the game was more gone at some point and the respect for each other was also gone more and when both are gone and then a lot off players will also leave the game then for good since its not fun to play any more if there is no fun and respect more in the game.

what i like to see also what shockdot thinks about this what all the problems in the game has happing from random nerfs and sometime's hard nerfs to ego's in the game and show the player base going down since launch.

Edited by Spikanor