cb_90027

Nado Discussion/ Suggestions

cb_90027

Wasn't sure if this should go here or in suggestions. I would like to have a discussion about nado in general and any suggestions.

So here are my thoughts. Currently nado is way too strong (reaper and megas). When I first tried taking nado, I was a bm in a 7 set (not much for rings) and straight up got one hit by the reaper. Now, imo nado is suppose to gear you up for rock / gc. Currently, gc is much easier to take and farm (not counting pkrs) than nado and it gives more rh/bt. So if a person is trying to gear up they really have no chance at taking nado so they are stuck with Karebear isalnd. While the idea,of karebear is nice, its simply not viable to make a decent 11 set (or enough to take nado). It just takes wayyyyy too long. Also obtaining 11s at that point is kind of a struggle, but that''s another story. So, either the reaper and megas need a little nerf or there needs to be a more rh/bt drop on karebear. OR a middle area but that seems like a lot more work to do. Thought?

Barcode

Maybe use a 3k buff, maybe use mdef scroll, maybe use mdef gown, maybe get mana barrier to 10.

I took nado with a +3 set RM wearing a +5 staff, so no, I disagree.

To be honest, they should make REAPER be the boss to kill on GC to take it, instead of that weak creatureking.

cb_90027

I'm not saying you're full of it but... even with 3k hp and at the time i had 7/8 seph gown was still a struggle. I'm not sure if it's because I have to be closer with driver, but for sure was getting owned. And the megas still hit me hard for a farming monster. Kando isn't even any damage but those little things hit hard. Also mdef scroll shouldn't be a requirement to gear up a character since its a "free to play" game. You can certainly get it other ways, but why would it be required?

IKuPAI
6 hours ago, Barcode said:

Maybe use a 3k buff, maybe use mdef scroll, maybe use mdef gown, maybe get mana barrier to 10.

I took nado with a +3 set RM wearing a +5 staff, so no, I disagree.

Yeah, I've had the same experience. I'm sure even a pilgrimage garment and +5/5 authority vambs and boots should tank it with a 2k fish meat. 

However... I agree that there should be some type of nurf to the megalopas.

Problem:

We previously complained that there were few reasons to obtain a max level character. 

Solution:

Nurf nado

Impliment tainted east lad

Impliment v3

Impliment instances

New issue:

Players are getting end game resources and transferring greater resources and rewards to lower level characters.

the psychology:

if you have access to 4x+ resources as an end game character than a mid game player why are you in such need of a player's starting zone.

This is like riding roller coasters in kiddie land so you can scream louder than the kids to show your enthusiasm.

my argument:

Since the nado nurf end game content has exploded thanks to the sephiroth patches. 

No, a nado player doesn't need near as many resources as a max level player due to dps and farm rates in places like v2 and their denied access to v3.

Now, the megalopas hit hard but that influences a player such as melee to take on 1 at a time or mages to learn kiting if they havent already.

But yes, they take far too long to kill for even a +8 weapon... I think a 6/6 jewlery 8 staff set red mage should be obliterating megalopas... we used to stack like 12 people in 1 hallway and just gain and gain because their hp was so low and their spawn rate was so high.

my suggestion:

++Megalopas:

Lower hp

Increase spawn rate

Decrease drop rate

++guardians:

20 minute spawn rate

++Players suggestion:

Lock the crystal for 10 minutes after taking the TURF. No allies or enemies can enter tornado for 10 minutes, and the guardians take 20 minutes to spawn. 

When tornado is taken a server message will say: "the tornado is agitated about the damage done within the turf. The new owners have 10 minutes with the tornado."

When the turf unlocks another message: "tornado is open for invasion"

When the guardians spawn: "Tornado is up for the taking, guardians have spawned"

IKuPAI

I think lower rates, faster spawns and lower hp will give nado players incentive to team FARM instead of split farm.

Trucha

reaper is the boss to take the island my dude... you know that wtf lol

cb_90027

Also why does only nado announce that its available to take? GC sure doesn't. It''s like hey guys come kill reaper! and GC you can just sneak in and take it

Trucha
3 minutes ago, cb_90027 said:

Also why does only nado announce that its available to take? GC sure doesn't. It''s like hey guys come kill reaper! and GC you can just sneak in and take it

That is true..... It only alerts the people in GC if one of the walls are attacked, but the entire server knows when reaper spawns. It's hard to sneak a nado takeover unless the people on it are stupid, or theres nobody online.

Barcode
15 hours ago, cb_90027 said:

I'm not saying you're full of it but... even with 3k hp and at the time i had 7/8 seph gown was still a struggle. I'm not sure if it's because I have to be closer with driver, but for sure was getting owned. And the megas still hit me hard for a farming monster. Kando isn't even any damage but those little things hit hard. Also mdef scroll shouldn't be a requirement to gear up a character since its a "free to play" game. You can certainly get it other ways, but why would it be required?

Use blizzard. And BM is quite trash pve esp to take nado. I used a RM, just wipe the megas u aggro and kill guard.

And Trucha I meant for GC , the reaper there should be what ur supposed to kill not creature king, imo atleast. Wtf is that carebear suggestion kupa lol.

IKuPAI

I thought I explained in pretty good details, but basically...

Whenever a kando tribe takes the tornado they are swarmed with nado superheroes. You know, the big bads they send in to take nado from other big bads... well... 

Karebear is nice, but it's like 1/100 probability of dropping... who knows what the actual rates are.

But yeah, 10 minutes imo seems fair. Go farm for 10 minutes... you MIGHT get 1 pouch. Especially if drop rate is decreased...

Edited by IKuPAI

smekla
On 07/08/2017 at 0:05 AM, IKuPAI said:

++Players suggestion:

Lock the crystal for 10 minutes after taking the TURF. No allies or enemies can enter tornado for 10 minutes, and the guardians take 20 minutes to spawn. 

When tornado is taken a server message will say: "the tornado is agitated about the damage done within the turf. The new owners have 10 minutes with the tornado."

When the turf unlocks another message: "tornado is open for invasion"

When the guardians spawn: "Tornado is up for the taking, guardians have spawned"

I think locking it for 10 minutes is absurd, as this game is suppose to be a pure PvP game( reminiscing old times) so the main game resources should be hard to achieve ( should go throu a fun team vs team wars for the nado to achieve the resources.)

That being sayd of couse you strugle taking nado in shitty set and solo as a freaking blue mage, althou if you were smarter like some people sayd before ( mdef gown/ mana barrier 10/ buffs) you could still do it, yet this game is not made to be in a state it is now and I mean the playerbase.  We have steady same ~50 max 100 people (LOL) playing this game, if it was more populated, there would be more people like you and imagine how fast reaper would go down if lets say 20 newbies like you invade nado to get the reaper.

In the end I believe everything is great in nado, its not a game where you can play solo ( unless of course you'r in end game set and this state of game where is only few people active in nado ), you need to have a tribe and have a teamplay, take islands and fight for them, only downside i could see is the farming in nado as drops rate are quite low  and most importantly only 2 people can farm one side simultaneously.

IKuPAI

Yes I agree with more people it would be more viable but right now if 15 people take nado only 4 people can farm it... that sets the other 11 on the back burner.

The only reason I think it's appropriate to lock the turf for 10 minutes is... nobody has to defend nado until "the guardian has spawned" or "the turf has been taken!"

Then the level 300s switch gear and come farm pkp and shards.

Imo, if we get 10 minutes it's a sure victory for the invaders... even if they are wearing authority gear and pilgrimage garment at least they get 10 minutes reward for tanking reaper and potentially clearing any opponents in the process.

Otherwise it's like... 

*used hp buff... 3million leni

*using a new pilgrimage garment... 20 shansha

*using an entire stock of potions... 2.5 million leni

*getting 0 opportunity to reap rewards... priceless

*super imposed on screen*

"Mastercard... everywhere you want to be"

Edited by IKuPAI

Barcode

What are you on about Kupa....you can make 9/8 set with 200m leni..lv120 1/1 set. why u tryin to make it anti pvp man :D

IKuPAI
3 hours ago, Barcode said:

What are you on about Kupa....you can make 9/8 set with 200m leni..lv120 1/1 set. why u tryin to make it anti pvp man :D

If you're talking about buying 13 pouches I'm gonna have to say you have some major luck!

But I think the idea is aside from farming karebear for 1 rh an hour or east lad for 25 rh an hour... how can someone improve their position with blessing gears?

Also, 100mil per hour with kando AND duan isn't exactly a cakewalk in +4s

CSS2
9 minutes ago, IKuPAI said:

If you're talking about buying 13 pouches I'm gonna have to say you have some major luck!

But I think the idea is aside from farming karebear for 1 rh an hour or east lad for 25 rh an hour... how can someone improve their position with blessing gears?

Buy 1 supreme gem, trade it for 10 or more pouches. Use the pouches to work on your gear, keep the supreme gem that you get to exchange for more pouches. Pretty simple.

Barcode
15 hours ago, IKuPAI said:

Obviously basic thinking isn't your strong part.

You can farm 100mill in a hour without wearing gear. With a level 1 weapon even as a mage/archer. 

10 Pouches = Unlimited pouches without farming PVP zones & a free 9/8 Set while doing it.

IKuPAI
5 hours ago, Barcode said:

Obviously basic thinking isn't your strong part.

You can farm 100mill in a hour without wearing gear. With a level 1 weapon even as a mage/archer. 

10 Pouches = Unlimited pouches without farming PVP zones & a free 9/8 Set while doing it.

Alright... nice hit xD 10 pouches = 500 shards... I see your game