IKuPAI

Alright... 请帮帮我

IKuPAI

I've been wanting to learn turf battles chinese for like... 12 years. I'm having trouble with the APPLE PEAR ORANGE videos so...

I'm learning this is the most useful thing to say...

8tLKEfq.jpg

Pinyin is like the English character chinese... so we can retype what chinese players say into a translator.

But if anyone knows, legitimate phrases that could help me learn chinese from turf battles players in game or on forums would be useful.

Edited by IKuPAI

neal19

There is nothing you can learn from just chatting with the bunch of Chinese people on a game and pretending their Chinese in Pinyin as English.

Lol, nothing and no one can help you with that.  if you really want to learn just take the Chinese lessons and that is the only way.

did not want to be a jackass here bro, it's just not that simple as you think it is, hope you understand,

and there is a thing you have to keep in mind, there are at least 2 sometimes 4 different pronunciations for a single Chinese word,

and those different sounds represent different words, like 我=me 窝=nest 卧= lying 

they all spelled "wo" in Pinyin,

but as you can see here, they got 3 different pronunciations with 3 different meanings. 

if you put that" wo" into your translator, what would it get? if the guy tells you that he was lying on the bed,

or just simply saying "i or I am " at the beginning of the sentence,  

Sometimes translator will get the right definitions based on the context and the right grammar,

but honestly tho, that will only happen like 3/10 or less.

So yeah, that doesn't really work like what you said above.

And all I'm saying is that the PinYin in Chinese won't help you identify the meaning of the word, 

but it helps you to find the right pronunciation for a word, then you know what is the right Chinses characters for that Pinyin.

Hope I helped a little here, if you still confused just ask.

IKuPAI

Incredible reply!

Chinese would be my third language, so I'm familiar with how the translator misinterprets certain things.

For example writing "help me" in Spanish is "te ayudo" literal translation being "you helping(me)"

I see your point, however I'm sure small things can be learned like... wo du pinyin can probably be interchanged with...

Wo du English? For example.

graysinger

Pinyin is the pronunciation of English words to replace the Chinese characters, and can not express its meaning, only know the sound and do not know its meaning.

IKuPAI
12 hours ago, graysinger said:

Pinyin is the pronunciation of English words to replace the Chinese characters, and can not express its meaning, only know the sound and do not know its meaning.

Alright... I see your point. Feeling like an impatient student xD

8 hours ago, Barcode said:

jesus christ you make me cringe Kupa..

Not sure if it's my interest in chinese or the way I choose to articulate my point.

Trucha

lol i wanted to do this aswell i found a chinese keyboard on my computer that will translate my english into CN. Unfortunately their phrasing and everything is completely incompatible with ours. When i translated the Chinese back to english it wasn't even close to what i said. I gotta get on the Rosetta stone flow 

Adee

Well I'm a native Chinese speaker, maybe i can give some help if anyone need

IKuPAI

가배울느린 (i learn slow)

But on the upside, im learning korean... I kept speaking gibberish in game and they started talking to me... Then i found a translator for turfbattles and started communicating poorly...

Im starting to learn i need to learn things like:

To go, i go, you go... Conjugations and verbs and adjectives. Very few nouns are iMportant because where traditional second languages would teach me "apple" i would use "wantanka"

IKuPAI

I would appreciate more grammar assistance like posessives and conjugation... So i can decipher what order the words go in.

I just cant make sense of learning "grocery store" and "apple and orange" when I'll more often be using "help us at -FL-" OR "all attack -jukaba-"

I did get an automated android tutor sms app for korean which is a lot of fun, but i wont object to learning a 3rd AND 4th language at the same time!