Today we are restarting the servers to apply the next phase of the Island/Turf rework, both servers will be offline for about 30-40 mins while we apply the changes detailed in today's patch notes. Please note that there are additional changes to the islands/turfs to come, this is just the latest installment.
Status Update: Servers are now back online.
- We've made some changes, based on the results from the tool we've been using on the Triumphus Server, that may reduce or resolve the random server crashes.
- When buying items for custom currencies (such as TC), if your inventory is full or cannot fit all the items you are purchasing it now purchases the amount that will fit or notifies you that you have no room.
- When Pet Cages with 20% or lower hunger are traded, they now make the pets hunger automatically 20%.
- The following changes only apply to Iah, Shuy, Kando, Duan, and Rue and applies to all the monsters on these islands except for the Yetis. We will make similar changes to the Nado, GC, Pet Island, and Catastropha Island during a later update.
- All island monsters now use the new monster scaling system to scale a monster's difficulty, level, and drops.
- All island monsters have been made to be non-agro, but they still fight back if you attack them.
- All island monsters now respawn every 70 seconds, instead of 10 mins (guardians are still 30 mins).
- All island monsters spawn locations have changed so that they spawn in groups of 5 (2 Mini Killer Mushrooms, 1 Zombie Tree, and 2 of the unique island monster).
- All islands now have a total of 115 monsters (23 groups of 5), excluding the Guardian and Yetis (previously Iah spawned 65 monsters, Shuy 97, Kando 89, Duan 113, and Rue 86).
- All island monsters will now return home and instantly have their health fully returned if a monster is pulled too far away from their groups spawn location. This is to ensure that non-ranged monsters are not pulled in large quantities. In addition to preventing mass monster pulling, this also solves the problem of having monsters chasing you you during PvP.
- All island monsters difficulties have been drastically increased for each level bracket so that you should only be able kill 1-5 monsters at a time depending on your level/equipment.
- All island monsters have been configured to take roughly 10-25 seconds to kill depending on your overall equipment and class (Guardians 2-3 mins).
- Island monsters no longer drop any gems, instead they drop Turf Tokens.
- Turf Tokens have a maximum stack size of 1000, cannot be traded to other players, and are used at Turf Exchange NPC's to purchase gems (1 in Crystal Room, 1 near the Veros Nation War Crystals, and 1 near the zipping NPC in Ladianes).
- Turf Tokens can be used to purchase island gems. When purchased, the gem CAN be traded and you can pick the quantity you buy each time.
- Dinn, Brahma, Shansha, Jenai, and Soha Gems cost 1 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Sorcery, Magic, Divine, and Sephiroth Gems cost 2 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Sephiroth Choice Gems cost 3 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Note that the Grade 2 and Grade 3 stores are just placeholder prices.
- All Turf Token drop rates and quantities have been configured so as to be more rewarding than instances at each level bracket on a per hour bases.
- Bracket 1 Island (now Level 40-90) has a 50% chance to drop 1 Grade 1 Turf Token.
- Bracket 2 Island (now Level 91-120) has a 70% chance to drop 1 Grade 1 Turf Token.
- Bracket 3 Island (now Level 121-160) has a 70% chance to drop 1-2 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Bracket 4 Island (now Level 161-200) has a 70% chance to drop 1-3 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Bracket 5 Island (now Level 201-275) has a 70% chance to drop 2-3 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
What kind of feedback are we looking for about the Island/Turf changes?
- How does the difficulty of monsters feel? You should be able to kill/tank 1-5 monsters at a time depending on your equipment quality being low, mediocre, or high.
- How do the drop rates and prices at the Turf Exchange feel? The drop rates were set so that on a per hour bases, they should be better than doing instances.
- Are there enough or too many monster groups on the islands?
- How do mages feel about their damage against monsters on the islands in comparison to melees? During testing the time differences between mages and melee were very low and depending on the class you compared it to, fairly non-existent.
- As always, if you notice any bugs/issues or have additional ideas/feedback we welcome that too.
Additional Patch Notes
- Various localization changes about Yeti Chests & Laziel Tower Keys.
- The following changes only apply to Iah, Shuy, Kando, Duan, and Rue and applies to all the monsters on these islands. We will make similar changes to the Nado, GC, Pet Island, and Catastropha Island during a later update.
- The max move distance of monsters has been reduced by 20%.
- The roaming radius of monsters has been reduced by 30%.
- The absolute damage of monsters has been reduced by 25% (this is an 825-875 damage difference at the highest bracket level).
- The cost of Divine Gems at the Turf Exchange NPCs has been reduced to x2 Grade 1 Turf Tokens (previously 3).
- All Bracket 1 & Bracket 2 monsters (except Guardians & Yetis) now have a chance to drop the Rebirth Gems & Experience Scrolls.
- All Bracket 5 monsters (except Guardians & Yetis) now have a chance to drop Dilithium Ore.
- Drop Rate of Dilithium Ore on the Bracket 5 Island has been slightly increased, and they now drop in quantities of 1-5 (previously only dropped 1 at a time).
- Yetis now have their stats scaling like the rest of the islands.
- Yetis now have 250,000 health (for reference, other monsters have 100,000 health).
- Yetis can now attack players (if the player attacks first), and can now move around.
- Yetis now respawn once every 30 mins (instead of once every 2 hours).
- Yeti Chests now have different drops.
- Bracket 1 Yeti Chest rewards players with 10 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Bracket 2 Yeti Chest rewards players with 15 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Bracket 3 Yeti Chest rewards players with 20-25 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Bracket 4 Yeti Chest rewards players with 35-40 Grade 1 Turf Tokens.
- Bracket 5 Yeti Chest rewards players with 50-55 Grade 1 Turf Tokens AND 30-50 Dilithium Ore.