keke8929

SoulCharm Design and Redesign Suggestion.

keke8929

Hello. I've been thinking about the design of SoulCharm, well more importantly, how levels on it are obtained for a long time. And I finally think I found a solution that will be endorsed by casual players, that will assist players at 160 AND 200, while creating more competition at 201+ ( Reapers ).

Okay so lets look at the current situation. What is the best way to do reaper? Login 10 Chars ( 10 Accounts, 10x Lv201 Char, 10x Use soulcharm, Massive FPS drop, very hard to even manage 10 chars, if someone comes to PK your alts are instantly dead, 10x X3 scrolls wasted ).

In my opinion if something, either it is Instance Coins for Demonic, or Earrings, or Reaper, REQUIRES YOU TO LOGIN 10 CHARS, seems misdesigned and not attractive for the general population of the game.

Soul Charm Level 1000(Max SC) is only reachable by the most dedicated, active, strongest, and I must say, stupid people, because you gotta be a bit crazy to deal with the fact ur 10 chars are gonna die half the time, feed someone 10 pks for free, ur burning ur PC up while doing that, moving ur SoulCharm across ur accounts 1000 times for levelups etc etc. 

At Level 160  SC1000 Isn't nessicary, its a luxury.
At level 200  SC1000( or atleast like 500+) is becoming needed due to higher survivability options all classes get.

At Level 300 , for a competitive player, a high level SC is absolutely needed if you want your stats to be peaking properly while you are pushing your gear. Without it you are at a big disadvantage.

I've seen many players give up farming for high end items( 9 jewlery, 17 weapons) , just due to the fact they didn't have a High Lv soulcharm and couldn't realistically obtain it in a normal amount of time, or in a fashion that is doable by people.

Whats the point of reaper? Create a PVP Event at Lv300 zone for high lv players to compete in, most importantly FIGHT for it. Not for them to be bringing naked chars for Shard feeding your main.

I hope we all agree on what is written above.

Now my suggestion how to redesign it.

First of all I would lower the maximum level of the charm down to Level 300. 

Keep Soul Shards required per level the same as now. So a player would have to get 5000 PK points on X3 ( WITHOUT A SINGLE REAPER) to max his charm. I think that is a realistic goal to have on your chars, and 1000-2000pk points is obtainable if the game has active PVP. Current setup requires 16666 pk points ALL on X3 to max it, and as we can see nobody has even passed 6000 in two years. So like if you have 1000 pks on x3, your charm is Level 100, adding 3.3% AP , comparing to a Lv330 charm, its a slight bonus, not gamebreaking, but just feels like you earned something with those PKs, thus creating PVP Wars a very valuable place to go to.

Option A.  Change Reaper reward from 30 Shards to 1 Reaper Token(Non Tradeable item). 3 Tokens from 1 reaper if you have a X3 Shard on. 

Option B. Make reaper give 1 or 3 levels of Soul Charm upon killing it directly. Instantly prevents abusing the system creating multiple chars.

Gaining 3 levels on a Max300 Charm can compare to gaining 10 levels on the current setup ( need 6 Chars logged in on a single reaper) realistic pace of charm progression.

So this way players are more encouraged towards playing a single char at 300, not switching classes every other day. There is no more 1 charm for all chars. so for example you have a Lv300 RM and a Lv300 Blade. If you want to level your charm on the RM you show up to reaper PVP with the RM. If u want the blade, you come with blade. Ok sure you can risk comming with both but ur probably going to die if there is competition at the event.

This way elite players, who have been leveling their charm at a much faster pace than the 160 or 200s, don't "abuse" this advantage by putting their high end charms onto lower level chars , creating havoc on the low zones and punishing everyone who is playing there, basically, for not playing 201+. 

So what does this mean for the Charm Market? There is 2 alternatives to your charm now.  One alternative, level it all natural, Soul Shard Only. It will take you 5000 PKs, but if you think you deserve a Max level charm, you can most likely achieve. And even if you manage to make 2000~3000 pks, you are still gaining a significant bonus for those PKs you invested into the charm. 
This NATURAL charm would be tradeable to any char, any level, since its a normal way to level it.

Charms leveled with reaper tokens( to prevent dummy alts feeding abuse) Would be ACCOUNT Locked. ( Encouraging players to make a second Lv300 char on the same account if they want to use their 201+SC).  This would keep the charms which are leveled using the 201+ event, at 201+, while the charms which are leveled normally can be traded to nado chars etc. If you are confident you will focus on only your 300 you can rush upgrades on 1 charm, Tokens+Shards and keep it locked to 201+ and your main char. If you think you will want to play other zones, alts etc. Make a second charm for your shard upgrading and a charm to be upgraded with reaper tokens. I guess to prevent mistakes, using Reaper tokens on your soulcharm should be like putting a Seph gem on a item or so, with a Upgrade Confirmation opening, just to prevent mistakenly upgraded "natural" charms into being locked to 201+ all of a sudden.

I firmly believe this will revitalize Reaper events at 201+ to become far more competitive in terms of PVP, more players will be willing to show up, fight, and I think players will start thinking about their charm a lot more than now. And also it would add value to having X3 Active in PVP at all times since Shards would become more valuble ( Total Shard required 15.000, 15k pks without x3,  or 5000 Pks with x3 active ).

Thanks for reading.

Edited by keke8929

IKuPAI

I read most of this...

I like your incentive, And reasoning...

Multi logging end game is pretty broken...

I think the issue at hand is more about the reaper being solo-able... Or duo for that matter...

I believe the soul charm was introduced as a pvp ONLY reward. As closed beta ended a mass decision resulted in reaper giving soul shards instead of pkp.

Now we're seeing reaper almost directly influencing pkp anyways... While the intention is to influence a fight over the reaper.

Seems we need more population to balance the pkp:reaper soul shards...

This may be a possible fix, but there's a lot of information to sort through.

Onionbear

I like the idea of direct upgrading the charm.  Is there really a need for a charm market?  You could eliminate a lot of complexity if it were just a character locked item.  Even PK points could just directly incrementally upgrade your charm.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎30 at 8:17 AM, keke8929 said:

There is no more 1 charm for all chars.

You could still end up with alts around the reaper to upgrade multiple charms but it would only make sense for characters you actually play.  No point logging in 10 naked nubs you have no intention of playing as the charm would be untradeable anyways.

And yeah, if it were dedicated to a single character then the level would need to be lowered either by lower max level or less requirements per level, like 20 or 25 PKs per level.

kekelordz
23 hours ago, Onionbear said:

I like the idea of direct upgrading the charm.  Is there really a need for a charm market?  You could eliminate a lot of complexity if it were just a character locked item.  Even PK points could just directly incrementally upgrade your charm.

You could still end up with alts around the reaper to upgrade multiple charms but it would only make sense for characters you actually play.  No point logging in 10 naked nubs you have no intention of playing as the charm would be untradeable anyways.

And yeah, if it were dedicated to a single character then the level would need to be lowered either by lower max level or less requirements per level, like 20 or 25 PKs per level.

You could still upgrade a charm purely through Soul Shards and keep it tradeable. If the max is 300. You need 17 pks per level ( on x3 activated ). So a total of 5000 Pks. its alot but definitely more realistic than 15000 Pks on x3.