IKuPAI

FL topic 9,463

IKuPAI

In this lifetime we've seen many many variations to frozenland;

+Excessive victories lead to nurfed objective completion.

+Without level difference

+Tribe based allocation

+Online based allocation

But one thing stands out...

It's very simple to deny the entire game exp by not allowing a win condition.

I understand that some purpose of competition is to deny your opponent opportunities. However, in a 3 month span we should see a great PROBABILITY to at least set foot in an exp zone every day.

3 possible suggestions come to mind:

1)the version of fl where we saw a decrease in win conditions seemed to have some great success in attracting a small mob of players to claim victory.

Due to recent changes I would suggest individual, progressive damage boosts to the fl objectives. Maybe for every X Minutes spent you gain X ap vs fl bosses...

Maybe for every consecutive non-win you get an item that lowers the Kings hp by 10%...

Something to turn a 3 man 2 hour fl war into a 20-40 minute 3v3 dps race is the goal here...

2) Open fl instances to nationless and ban nations from creating instances. Improve upon the hetb fl and make us war on s1, then when war ends leave same nation pk on, and let us fight same nation for bonus drop rate and exp in server 1 only.

This will allow for all players to have the opportunity to level up regardless of their pvp condition. 

Edit: another variation could include lowered drop rate and heavily increased spawn rate... So around 13x parties can camp their desired boss over and over again.

3) whatever team has more hp on their collective objectives wins.

The purpose of this option is to force a dps race to deny your opponent's access to frozenland. Rather than a complete shutdown resulting in 0 frozenland hunt; this will provide the opportunity to literally deal 1 damage before the war ends... And claim victory.

I hope these options are considered... Frozenland is the staple content for 201+... Without it, we may aswell search every corner of the game catalogging every pixel...

"What u doing?"

"Idk... Nobody won fl... I guess I'm just leveling my pet."

Edited by IKuPAI

keke8929

Everyone is Level 300 in FrozenLand due to recent patch. I'm pretty sure if you really want FL, you and your team is able to go win it. If you are unable to compete for FL even if you are given level 300 for free, you simply don't deserve to win it. Plus the fact FL war is usually pretty easy to take.

IKuPAI

It takes 40 minutes for 3 decent set players to dps just the guard to 0 hp...

Now imagine they are tanking 1 person for the entire 40 minutes... That's great fun...

The possibility of taking frozenland isn't on trial here... The probability of a win condition is.

And the level difference isn't active here, i believe you have that mistaken for being level 300.

keke8929

It takes 20minutes to get guard to 0hp actually by 3 people. You are always exaggerating.  Level difference doesn't work yes. So if you want to level in FL, shouldn't you be taking it with more than 3 players? Which is actually plenty if there isn't any opposition. 

Probability of a win condition. Very high.  Kill guard(20min). Only one goal, do not let them take guard before you do.  Once the guard has been killed, all you need to do is make sure you protect your bosses. If you are confident or in a significant advantage you can go for a 2-0 win by killing King/Queen. 

So yeah...

IKuPAI

I feel it is you who is always exaggerating, as it is from the "top tier perspective"...

However, I am to believe (being relatively new to frozenland war) that the guard is half the hp of the king and queen. 

So if this is the case, in your scenario thats still 60 minutes of solid dps...

While in my reality only 3 players who can tank the opposition show up. And our dps equates to about 40 minutes guard kills... In which case the king should take 80... 120 minutes is the entire duration of the fl war...

In which case if my team kills guard and ur team shows up to dps race... And u kill urs 20 mins after we kill ours... Then prevent both teams from dpsing yet another win condition...

Again, nobody levels in fl.

If nobody is in fl war 1 player should be able to solo it. Like nanenanr my whole nation gets to lvl cuz u didn't come play either...

keke8929

40 Minutes is 1 player soloing the guard lol. Its like you didnt read.

Objective1. Kill guard
Objective2. Do not let your guard die.

If your guard dies then you fucked up, so why should you be awarded with anything?

If only 3 people are willing to come war, yet FL parties are usually more than 3....maybe show up with 5 people? maybe 10? How about organize, "hey guys we will take the next war in 16hours, be there". You come with 10 people, boom free FL. Boom 8 hour FL session.

But yeah lets just give things for free because most of you are too lazy to participate in FL war. lol.

Onionbear

I think the FL war is good the way it is.  It is the instance that really needs changing.

Most don't bother with war as there are no parties for them afterwards.  What is the point of owning it if you can't level there anyways.

The lower population leads to a LOT of solo levelling.  You can raise the xp of rampoa or rock but nobody shows up as you need to find or organize a party to make it worth while.  Really not easy to do these days.  Same for most instances including FL.

I still think scaling the HP of the mobs in the instances based on party size, even down the level of soloing it,  will make them a more desirable place to be.  Even worth going to war and fighting for.

IKuPAI

That's just the thing though... Nobody comes to war because they don't want to feed pkp...

I can't kill many players but i keep getting tankier and tankier... So if u can't kill me, increasing my damage to bosses for duration in fl means that once you figure out u can't kill me, if win conditions were more default based and less win or loss based we would have a reason for players to rush FL..

My purpose of this thread is to say FL should be taken every war. With low population this doesn't happen very often.

shockdot
On 6/3/2018 at 0:21 AM, IKuPAI said:

That's just the thing though... Nobody comes to war because they don't want to feed pkp...

I can't kill many players but i keep getting tankier and tankier... So if u can't kill me, increasing my damage to bosses for duration in fl means that once you figure out u can't kill me, if win conditions were more default based and less win or loss based we would have a reason for players to rush FL..

My purpose of this thread is to say FL should be taken every war. With low population this doesn't happen very often.

Currently, the nation with the least amount of bosses wins... So if Ladianes has 1 Guard and Veros has 1 Guard, it's a draw. If Ladianes has 1 King & 1 Guard, while Veros has 1 Guard... Veros wins.

I'm not opposed to making it so that if 1 of the guards has less HP, that nation would win. So as an example....

The war ends with the following bosses left:

• Ladianes Guard (5000 HP Left)
  • Veros Guard (4900 HP Left)

This means that the Ladianes nation did more damage to the Veros guard, so the Ladianes nation would win the war. The only time a draw condition (no winner) would happen is if ALL bosses had same HP.

HateBreeder
1 hour ago, shockdot said:

Currently, the nation with the least amount of bosses wins... So if Ladianes has 1 Guard and Veros has 1 Guard, it's a draw. If Ladianes has 1 King & 1 Guard, while Veros has 1 Guard... Veros wins.

I'm not opposed to making it so that if 1 of the guards has less HP, that nation would win. So as an example....

The war ends with the following bosses left:

• Ladianes Guard (5000 HP Left)
  • Veros Guard (4900 HP Left)

This means that the Ladianes nation did more damage to the Veros guard, so the Ladianes nation would win the war. The only time a draw condition (no winner) would happen is if ALL bosses had same HP.

I think that'd be cool.

IKuPAI

I agree, we need an influence to rush FL or leave it alone...

this is a great fix.